This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keyblade_150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Keyblade_150
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

Do you tend to be optimistic in life, honestly?
Say, if you have a problem you are encountering currently do you tend to look on the positive side of the situation, even if there isn't one? Do you tend to put it in perspective with what's happened around the world?

I do try, but obviously we're all only human.

MarioRPGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 MarioRPGer
Member since 2005 • 11345 Posts

For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic.

Tell me when Paramore jokes are stale.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Positive side, if "there isn't one," is always "My Savior lives. My Savior loves. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i try not to be either optimistic or pessimistic. its easy to be optimistic when things are going well and its easy to pessimistic when things arent going well, but i look for some sort of balance. its hard as hell though, and i could go either way depending on the circumstances.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Do you tend to be optimistic in life, honestly?
Say, if you have a problem you are encountering currently do you tend to look on the positive side of the situation, even if there isn't one? Do you tend to put it in perspective with what's happened around the world?

I do try, but obviously we're all only human.

Keyblade_150

Well, I'll be the first to ACCEPT the worst case scenario. If you get sick or something, I have no problem with flat-out telling you that you're gonna die. Hey...if you're gonna die, then I'd imagine that you'd want to know.

It's similar with me. When things in my life can potentially go very badly, I like to expect for those things to go badly (given that there's an approximately equivalent chance of either going badly or well). I'll readily admit that I'll probably be dead within the next 20 years. So in that sense, I guess you could call me a pessimist.

But on the other hand, it's not like I'm gonna throw a fuss about it. I may assume that things are probably not going to go my way, but I'm not gonna whine and ***** about how that makes me mad. I mean...that doesn't solve anything. Whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen, so I'd might as well havea good attitude about it and not cry and moan like a whiny little *****. Alternatively, if I actually have the opportunity to make things work out dfor me, then I need to just fix things and stop crying about the fact that the situation needs fixing.

It's like when a few people go out on a standard fishing trip, and get stranded out at sea with no communications. They can then sit there all day arguing about whose fault it was that they got stuck in that situation. But if I'm with them, I would PREFER that they stop their whining and fighting and instead start thinking of a way to FIX THE PROBLEM. And if the problem CAN'T be fixed, then I'd still rather that they shut the **** up. If I've gotta die of starvation/dehydration/exposure/sharks in the middle of the sea, then I'd rather not spend my final days sitting around listening to people argue like little babies. If the situation is really and truly ****ed up beyond all hope of repair, then just STFU about it! Crying and yelling about it isn't going to help matters NOW, so just shut up and die peacefully.

Avatar image for jerk-o-tron2000
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jerk-o-tron2000
Member since 2007 • 10036 Posts

I'm an extreme pessimist.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Absolutely not.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Yes I try to be optimistic all the time but sometimes it's hard.

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

I try to be realistic about any situation that I encounter.

'Hope for the best, plan for the worst' may be a cliche, but it's really how I approach much in my life.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
I want to say I try to be realistic when it comes to dealing with scenarios that come up in life, but often times that comes across as pessimistic to others.
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

I try to be realistic, but usually realism comes with the price of a pessimistic outlook.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3075 Posts

I am a hardened Pessimist who sits unashamed in his ivory tower of cynicism. I think optimists are a bit irresponsible( particularly those idiots who wrote that book The secret), side note I am however not a pessimist for the sake of being a pessimist.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I hope for the future. However, if my expectations are not realized within the time period I have predicted, or progress of the prediction is held back within that time period, I will have lost all hope for humanity.
xxxDirtyJoexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 xxxDirtyJoexxx
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

I try to be realistic, but i often drift on the optimistic side.

And when bad things happen i just block them out, cuz when i think about it i feel bad so i don't think about bad things that happened(sometimes even when they are happening), its a habit.

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

Pessimist, the worst kind of them all. I don't see the glass as just half empty, I see it as pretty much empty and that we all are gonna die of dehydration.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
I am very optimistic. Because there is always a positive side to everything.
Avatar image for SeraphimGoddess
SeraphimGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SeraphimGoddess
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
Mixture of both pessimism and optimism. I find both extremes to be unhealthy and unbearable characteristics (more so for pessimism). Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Yes, I do consider myself to be a pretty optimistic person. That's not to say I completely ignore reality in any sense of the word, I just do prefer to see the bright side of things and go around as such.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I try to be optimistic, but it's hard at times. Sometimes it's just easier to be a pessimist.