dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

Is tech consulting. I mean, for real, my team knows more about Azure Synapse than the MS consultants they had us contact. They literally said to us things that were untrue, and we proved it in the meeting (ex.: "Synapse cant process parquet files." We showed them our ADF pipelines that bring in parquet files from Azure Data Lake and put them in Synapse).

Sorry, I needed to vent and could not find a forum...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@dabear said:

Is tech consulting. I mean, for real, my team knows more about Azure Synapse than the MS consultants they had us contact. They literally said to us things that were untrue, and we proved it in the meeting (ex.: "Synapse cant process parquet files." We showed them our ADF pipelines that bring in parquet files from Azure Data Lake and put them in Synapse).

Sorry, I needed to vent and could not find a forum...

Are you talking about Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) specifically or Azure CSAs?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@Byshop: Azure CSAs.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@dabear said:

@Byshop: Azure CSAs.

Yeah, I mean CSAs are there to fill a very specific role. Obviously they aren't direct tech support, but at the same time if they tell you a thing about Azure it's on them to make sure that whatever they tell you is accurate. I've worked with a lot of CSAs on various projects. Some of them I've found to be very knowledgeable, while others were probably somewhat less so.