thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Yep that's right folks... Apparently this one ignores 3,4 & 5 and takes place after the events of T2.

Hope it's R rated, but either way it's hard not to be excited!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

And James Cameron is involved. So here's to hoping it won't be a disappointment.

WickedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 WickedMuffin
Member since 2019 • 87 Posts

why did they make the next film? I thought that they would stop

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I'm remembering Peter Griffon's rant prior to Salvation's release. "Do we really need another Terminator?" So true. It's pathetic seeing Schwartzenegger as a senior, still playing this perfect machine.

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

This franchise along with Alien needs to be put to rest.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@thereal25: Do you got any links?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50543 Posts

@horgen said:

http://collider.com/terminator-6-dark-fate-poster/

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Trailer comes out tomorrow I got a feeling we may be in a Ghostbusters 2016 situation you wouldn't need coffee to get woke tomorrow if you know what I mean.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

Thank you.

Honestly don't know what to think about this. As much as Schwarzenegger is the Terminator, I think he shouldn't be playing the role anymore.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts
@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

Thank you.

Honestly don't know what to think about this. As much as Schwarzenegger is the Terminator, I think he shouldn't be playing the role anymore.

Honestly, thought Arnie was the best thing in Genisys. isn't really saying much, guess.

If they come up with a plot line that makes sense, no real issue.

-

The thing for me that has an eye-brow raised is the use of effects. Terminator 2 uses practical effects and CGI perfectly. It's will always look good. Re-watching the likes of Avatar, it's much like Steven Spielberg in The Crystal Skull where everything just looks off and phony thanks to prolific CGI abuse as a crutch.

Same with non-related Cameron movies. Genysis is so clean and unnatural looking. It's like you're watching a loony-tunes fight.

Loading Video...

Compare that with T2's mix of CGI and practical effects, no comparison.

Loading Video...

-

Suppose be fun watching it the man-babies cry about feminist propaganda, like James Cameson didn't use a strong female character for almost every action movie he's made.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16877 Posts

As much as people love Arnold and James Cameron's involvement in this, I say keep your expectations low.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@hallenbeck77 said:

As much as people love Arnold and James Cameron's involvement in this, I say keep your expectations low.

B-I-N-G-O. Honestly, I'm getting a bad vibe from this movie. I don't think it can be any worse than Genisys.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@JustPlainLucas said:

B-I-N-G-O. Honestly, I'm getting a bad vibe from this movie. I don't think it can be any worse than Genisys.

I'm still wondering why Paramount is releasing two big budget movies within one week of each other--Terminator comes out November 1st, while the Sonic the Hedgehog movie comes out only a week later on November 8.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thereal25

@ezekiel43 said:

I'm remembering Peter Griffon's rant prior to Salvation's release. "Do we really need another Terminator?" So true. It's pathetic seeing Schwartzenegger as a senior, still playing this perfect machine.

I know, both Arnie and Linda are looking a little past it - as much as I appreciated their previous movies.

@warmblur said:

Trailer comes out tomorrow I got a feeling we may be in a Ghostbusters 2016 situation you wouldn't need coffee to get woke tomorrow if you know what I mean.

Lol; you might be right...

Also, I heard it's only going to be rated pg13. I guess money comes before quality these days. You would think they could at least make it m rated but noooooooo.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Not sure what to make of it need to see more.

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts

Yep, he's pulled a Crystal Skull. The CGI looks really fake. It's short but look at the plane stuff and compare it to the helicopter chase. I mean, even when he throws the pole against her arm, they couldn't use a practical effect?

Loading Video...

It looks generally just straight up bland compared to the hard lights and color values of T2. And i'm guessing this is PG as well?

Still, nice to see Linda Hamilton, she looks great for a 60 year old woman. Guessing Arnie won't be in much, if the trailer is anything to go by.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44099 Posts

Really liked that trailer and am pretty hyped for this movie.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: i don't think this has an MPAA rating yet. I think this will probably get a PG-13 rating. Besides, it's not as if the first three movies had overly graphic violence anyway.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thereal25

The trailer didn't really do much for me. But I won't write it off yet.

titanraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 titanraven
Member since 2019 • 51 Posts

I love this movie series! This is one of the reasons why I've been into watching robotic movies!! Been seeing threads about WCG having Robot wars, I find it interesting also :D

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@hallenbeck77: I agree with you. I just watched the trailer and it was rather underwhelming, I hope I am proven wrong.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Trailer was better than expected. That stated, I don't expect this to be great.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Ugh, this trailer was utter garbage.

Since when has the Terminator franchise been a Marvel-esque spectacle extravaganza? This is a franchise that has always been very grounded in the fiction it resided in. Even T2, which I consider to be near the pinnacle of the action movie genre, kept itself easily within the realm of plausibility in the best of its actions scenes. No massive set pieces of two planes falling out of the sky from 30k feet with people jumping between them, which, while visually impressive, is completely unbelievable, much less totally unnecessary to the narrative. It's ridiculous.

These movies have become nothing but an excuse to use the latest whiz bang CGI effects. Great, like I haven't seen that in the previous utterly forgettable 100 CGI fests prior. The most insulting thing is, they then slap on and promote Cameron's name, attempting to convince people of a time that encompassed much superior film making to try to compensate for that which is complete garbage. Nothing but films birthed from the MTV generation who've grown up and have no idea what made this franchise so amazing.

Terminator, Predator, Alien.....let these franchises die in dignity. Too late, I suppose. The supposed "film makers" (and script writers) of today are incompetent hack morons who shouldn't be directing a Coca Cola commercial, much less be handed the most beloved cinematic properties in existence. They have no clue, and are 100% incapable of understanding and handling these franchises. They're going to run them into the ground, as they have been. As for Terminator, until Cameron is not only writing a sequel, but also directing one, I have no interest whatsoever. Which, as he's going to be involved in his Avatar bullshit until he's 90 years old, isn't going to happen. He’s such an exceptionally talented visionary that wasting his time on four sequels is depressing.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thereal25

@MirkoS77: You have a point. T2 didn't just really on cgi. It was gritty, suspenseful and had impressive character development. I also liked the fact that members of the general public played a large role in the first two films - which is probably why they were rated R.

I also agree with you about that action scene at the end of the trailer for dark fate. It just looked so fake and cliche. I can just imagine "Arnie" getting into some sort of epic mucho wrestling match with the new terminator. But if I wanted that I may as well be watching the latest transformer or superhero movie!

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thereal25

I just heard that it will be R rated! Well at least that's something :)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@thereal25 said:

@MirkoS77: You have a point. T2 didn't just really on cgi. It was gritty, suspenseful and had impressive character development. I also liked the fact that members of the general public played a large role in the first two films - which is probably why they were rated R.

I also agree with you about that action scene at the end of the trailer for dark fate. It just looked so fake and cliche. I can just imagine "Arnie" getting into some sort of epic mucho wrestling match with the new terminator. But if I wanted that I may as well be watching the latest transformer or superhero movie!

Exactly.

Part of the reason why the first two films were so effective was that it was because of ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. This and this are far more suspenseful, exhilarating, powerful, and memorable action sequences than anything I've yet to see in any Terminator movie since. They were grounded and entirely plausible based solely on the suspension of disbelief that such a machine, A.I, and time travel could exist (which, aside from the last, are in the real world actually things being worked on). From these premises, everything else can fall into place in the audience's mind and be easily humored as possible.

With the new films, you have to suspend disbelief about nearly everything that you already know as ludicrously impossible. Planes falling out of the sky? We, through decades and decades of examples, know the result of this outcome. Which is simply too much to ask of an audience when you are appealing to a franchise's history that has kept itself relatively within the realm of the believable, at least for the first two films. I think many people, when they go into action films, don't desire to be wowed by spectacle (at least those that are not Marvel/superhero films), they wish to be able to relate their own circumstances and experiences in what they know, only to be pushed by one or two fictional elements that extend beyond it, but not to the point where it removes them from their experience. They also wish to have in this experience, a semblance of humanism.

That's what makes them so memorable, not vapid, impersonal CGI fests that will be forgotten the moment one walks out of the theatre.

Kylehernandez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kylehernandez2
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

Terminator is becoming more like The transformers.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50543 Posts

Looks so bad.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

I was doing theater checks the other day, walked in on this trailer a few times, had Bjork's "Hunter" stuck in my head all day. Anyhow, I will watch it. Most these post T2 movies are average but fingers crossed one of them is exceptional.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thereal25

@lamprey263 said:

I was doing theater checks the other day, walked in on this trailer a few times, had Bjork's "Hunter" stuck in my head all day. Anyhow, I will watch it. Most these post T2 movies are average but fingers crossed one of them is exceptional.

Yeah, you never know. I thought T3 and Genisys were both decent enough.

And with the new Dark Fate being rated R, I think there's a lot of potential. But I can't say I was overly impressed with that trailer though. I thought the "hunting" music was terrible, the casting questionable and even the special effects didn't look that good for 2019.