Olbermann Chastises McCain: Grow Up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

I saw this on countdown and thought it was hilarious, so here it is for you to enjoy.

Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dasacant
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
I watch his show some times, he is a complete partisan, whats worse is he only will bring on guests who agree with him for the most part.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
People actually take that guy seriously?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts
I can't stand him, I don't see why he's on the air.
MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts
I didn't realize anyone actually watched Olbermann.
bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bungie93
Member since 2008 • 2445 Posts
Keith Olbermann is a complete joke.
dday2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dday2121
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
I hate him so much, I don't understand why they let that guy have his own show, let alone go to the big boy potty by himself.
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

you know, people give bill orielly crap and he actually dosent act like a total neo con sometimes when having democratic people on the show. for example hillary.

Olbermann is actually worse. Olbermann himself is actually worse than fox news. thats pretty bad.

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts
whos olberman
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DivergeUnify

you know, people give bill orielly crap and he actually dosent act like a total neo con sometimes when having democratic people on the show. for example hillary.

Olbermann is actually worse. Olbermann himself is actually worse than fox news. thats pretty bad.

H8sMikeMoore
O'Reilly is actually a pretty fair guy. He's stubborn, but he is pretty fair imo and usually always gives guests the last word
bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bungie93

I can't stand him, I don't see why he's on the air.Chutebox

Believe or not he is MSNBC's number one rated newscaster. That doesn't speak too highly of the channel :lol:

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bungie93

H8sMikeMoore

What do you mean worse than Fox News? Since when is not having a liberal bias a bad thing :roll:

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alexmurray
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

bungie93

What do you mean worse than Fox News? Since when is not having a liberal bias a bad thing :roll:

showing any bias is a bad thing

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

DivergeUnify

O'Reilly is actually a pretty fair guy. He's stubborn, but he is pretty fair imo and usually always gives guests the last word

he is pretty fair for the most part, at least hes honest with his views.

the big thing is, he does have a temper. People mistake that as "biased"

fox is pretty legit when they say theyre "fair and balanced" when it comes to neoconservatism and the new left. Late night talk show hosts, keith olbermann, michael moore etc dont like them because it actually gives "conservatives" (use that term LOOSELY) a voice. They hate the fact that "conservatives" have a voice so much, they want to remove the only media they have left: radio. Fairness doctirine my ass.

Other than that though, theyre garbage. so yeah, you can pretty much sum up in a few words how I personally feel about them

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

bungie93

im actually not a HUGE fan of the news media in general. and if I was, i'd love to have a conservative based station.

I do get a kick outta Glenn Beck though. hes somethin'. even though, it goes without saying i dont necessarily agree with everything he says. He does have a nice bull**** detector, which regardless of your politics I respect.

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bungie93
[QUOTE="bungie93"][QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

alexmurray

I watch Fox News a lot and I really don't think it is very biased. The problem is that all of the other news channels are very biased and try to convince people that Fox News is a radical right-wing organization while they claim to be "middle-of-the-road."

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alexmurray
[QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="bungie93"][QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

bungie93

I watch Fox News a lot and I really don't think it is very biased. The problem is that all of the other news channels are very biased and try to convince people that Fox News is a radical right-wing organization while they claim to be "middle-of-the-road."

I refuse to watch a news network if it has a opiniated show, when i lived in america for a short time I noticed that all the news networks have them so I then and still do watch the BBC news

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

C-SPAN is where the real news is at. Boring as all hell, just as god intended.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

DivergeUnify

While ultimately bias, I will give you that Billy is more fair than most people give him credit for.

Otherwise, Bill hardly ever gives his guest the "last word." Usually what happens is that he says he will, than, quickly adds his own opinion right at the end.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]

Link256

While ultimately bias, I will give you that Billy is more fair than most people give him credit for.

Otherwise, Bill hardly ever gives his guest the "last word." Usually what happens is that he says he will, than, quickly adds his own opinion right at the end.

Haha yeah, that's true. But he doesn't cut them off and shout over them. He lets them get out what they have to say w/o interrupting them at the end is what I mean
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]

DivergeUnify

Haha yeah, that's true. But he doesn't cut them off and shout over them. He lets them get out what they have to say w/o interrupting them at the end is what I mean

Bill's the man.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]

Link256

It's true. I don't like his politics much, but I always find myself defending O'Reilly against all the idiots calling him a Nazi and a fascist.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
I actually watched the video, rather than just ranting at a guy I don't like. What exactly in what he said was wrong? Seems he was pretty much right on everything, and I agree with him, McCain does need to grow up.
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts

C-SPAN is where the real news is at. Boring as all hell, just as god intended.

Vaasman

word

Colbert_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Colbert_Nation
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts
I enjoy Olbermann's special comments. McCain has been acting pretty funny lately, it's good to see somebody pointing out his actions.
Krazy_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Krazy_duck
Member since 2006 • 2301 Posts

the BBC is where its at yo

or CNN. Anderson Cooper gives me the shivers

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DivergeUnify
I actually watched the video, rather than just ranting at a guy I don't like. What exactly in what he said was wrong? Seems he was pretty much right on everything, and I agree with him, McCain does need to grow up.CronoSquall
His first few minutes of ranting were almost entirely wrong about what McCain said about the war. A successful invasion and sucessfully installing a democracy are two entirely different things, but Keith treated them as the same so he could flame McCain to defend Obama. How is that right?
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts
Cool dude. I enjoyed it.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Olbermann, meet kettle.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I don't watch much Olbermann or such people. I did see a youtube video of his response to O'Riely's claim that he focuses on hard news, that was funny.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

I saw this on countdown and thought it was hilarious, so here it is for you to enjoy.

N8A

:lol: I saw that episode last night. He put his foot in McCain and his campaign's @zz. He was a little too harsh though.

I feel that Olbermann is super liberal, but he's funny and makes some solid points. Bill O' is a lame O' BTW.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TREAL_Since

bungie93

As an Independant and Moderate man, I feel Fox is very biased at times. Maybe not as much as people make them out to be, but among MSNBC, CNN, and Fox - Fox is the most right winged. Of course you, a seemingly conservative person would probably disagree...

BBC is the best and I'm American. Somewhat of a shame on our media and journalism.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Keith Olberman is hilarious :lol: The difference between him and O'Reilly is that he actually has a brain.
Ultimator777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ultimator777
Member since 2004 • 633 Posts
Fortunately for this country, Obama has no chance of winning. He is getting slaughtered in the polls
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TREAL_Since

Fortunately for this country, Obama has no chance of winning. He is getting slaughtered in the pollsUltimator777

What polls are you reading? ANd why is it fortunate for the U.S. that Obama has no chance?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I watch his show some times, he is a complete partisan, whats worse is he only will bring on guests who agree with him for the most part.Dasacant
yes. Also I only see him go after one side: the Republicans. He frequently attacks the Bush administration and John McCain, but never attacks Obama or the Democratic Congress. Oh and once he criticized O'Reilly for "not letting the Rev. Wright story go"- while most news outlets will still covering it, Olbermann said O'Reilly shouldn't be talking about it.

Here are some of Olbermann's Headlines I remember : "McCain's Iran lies" " McBush" "McWar" "McChristian". Then He seems to constantly attack O'Reilly (who usually just ignores him), in fact I suspect Olbermann may be jealous of Bill. Last time I checked Fox news had higher ratings than MSNBC.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="bungie93"]

TREAL_Since

As an Independant and Moderate man, I feel Fox is very biased at times. Maybe not as much as people make them out to be, but among MSNBC, CNN, and Fox - Fox is the most right winged. Of course you, a seemingly conservative person would probably disagree...

BBC is the best and I'm American. Somewhat of a shame on our media and journalism.

but how is "being the most right wing" biased? the other ones just go for the left...

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

H8sMikeMoore

but how is "being the most right wing" biased? the other ones just go for the left...

You can have a bias towards the left or the right. Not being biased could be called being moderate from my understanding, which I am. I feel that CNN and MSNBC show less of a left wing and right winged bias than Fox does.

Grandmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Grandmaster
Member since 2002 • 322 Posts

Pretty much all medias biased when it comes to politics. Still. I feel like I should google whoever the hell Olbermann is, from this he sounds like this bigot I heard about that brought people onto his show just to take the pi$$ out of them by cutting them off and never giving them a chance to actually debate and make himself look good.

Am I on the money with this?

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

I feel that CNN and MSNBC show less of a left wing and right winged bias than Fox does.

TREAL_Since

In general I agree. Fox leans to the right far farther than I've seen any other news organization lean in any direction. I haven't seen any guests on CNN or MSNBC declare their wish that McCain be assassinated. On Fox, yeah I have and the Fox representative didn't even call her out on that statement...

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I watch his show some times, he is a complete partisan, whats worse is he only will bring on guests who agree with him for the most part.Dasacant
Yeah that is the main thing I hate about his show..