Official Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread - THERE BE SPOILERS HERE!

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 19615 Posts

@speedytimsi said:

Hail Hydra!

~Capt

I thought the one on the poster that kinda got screwed over the role was Okoye. She hardly had a role like the other counterparts in the first two hours.

I thought he was going to do the "It's nothing personal" line and then beat the shit out of everyone in the elevator. His way was smarter, though.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts

I was hoping to see some post credit scenes. Like past Thors reaction to his hammer disappearing. How Captain America put the Infinity stone back into Jane. Captain America's reaction to seeing Red Skull when returning to soul stone.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2556 Posts

@Black96Z said:

I was hoping to see some post credit scenes. Like past Thors reaction to his hammer disappearing. How Captain America put the Infinity stone back into Jane. Captain America's reaction to seeing Red Skull when returning to soul stone.

Huh. I wonder if black widow is still dead. A soul for a soul right?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts

@npiet1: That has been on my mind also. But from what i read it sounds like the directors shot that theory down. So she is officially dead.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2556 Posts

@Black96Z: yeah looked it up apparently it's "not like a pawnshop" but people are speculating that if it's like the comics she's in a different "soul dimension"

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Finally watched the movie, and what a disappointment...

Story was lame, and made no sense at all. Look to X-Men Days of Future Past if you want to see decent time travel superhero movie.

Also, the movie had no interesting new locations. It just recycled places from the previous movie, and that made it really, really boring to watch.

So, painfully bad, especially compared to the great Avengers Infinity War, which was genuinely a blast.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26743 Posts

9.5 / 10, a tremendous movie, I feel I can finally give it a rating after seeing it 3 times.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121334 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

Story was lame, and made no sense at all. Look to X-Men Days of Future Past if you want to see decent time travel superhero movie.

Also, the movie had no interesting new locations. It just recycled places from the previous movie, and that made it really, really boring to watch.

So, painfully bad, especially compared to the great Avengers Infinity War, which was genuinely a blast.

@AFBrat77 said:

9.5 / 10, a tremendous movie, I feel I can finally give it a rating after seeing it 3 times.

Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 34106 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

I honestly never even considered that and it wasn't something I was wanting to see the movie for going into the theaters. Was this something people you know were hoping for?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9865 Posts
@Black96Z said:

How does he even get to all those different planets? Only thing I can think of is he had a shrunken space ship in his pocket or something. Or maybe he can use Thor's hammer to teleport?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#111  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I have to add that the end battle in Endgame was the most boring I've seen in superhero movies.

The battle lacked emotion and desperation. It also lacked interesting set pieces. It was just hastily written free for all brawl with nothing going for it. I tell you, I almost walked out of the theater at that point. And it would've better if I had, as the after battle blah blah was equally boring.

I also found the Captain Marvel character off putting, so its a blessing I never went to see her own movie...

Yeah... Infinity War and Aquaman, and also Wonder Woman, those movies engaged my emotion, which is why I liked them. Endgame, just left me dead inside. No emotion, except for disappointment...

PlayfulRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By PlayfulRed
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

I might be one of the few that saw the movie Avengers Endgame last, but I would just like to point out that Captain America getting old at the end of the movie means that he either didn't take the serum back at the time he took it first or that the second time he took the serum it didn't have the same effect on him. However that still causes some problems in the MCU universe as it would also mean he changed his past meaning all actions he took before he went back into time has been erased, theoretically speaking, meaning his future self gets erased and pretty much all memories of his future self wiped clean also meaning he could probably not have even known who most of the avengers that he met afterwards taking the serum were (i.e. The Hawk, War machine, etc.). Therefore, anything he did to prevent Thanos from reaching his goal has also been removed. So that means Captain America Steve Rogers going back and not taking the serum to link with the ending of the movie (Steve getting old), means that HYDRA would also still be around especially after the Red Skull finds the Tesseract hidden in a church in Norway and powers up several experimental machines and weapons. Last point that I would like to make is this. If he didn't take the serum in 1940 - 1943 causing him to get old meeting up with bucky and the other guy in 2023, that means he never was there to 'help' out the Allies defeat the Nazi's as Captain America. And also it says that the serum he took prior to going back means he could live more than 220 years from 1940. So in theory, Captain America's absence in the Allies operations against the Nazi's, HYDRA and during the Thanos era means Red Skull would never have been caught in a plane, HYDRA could of probably won the war against the allies (i.e. The Tesseract, etc.) and Thanos would of met up with the Avengers in a different way. That is all.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 2526 Posts

@playfulred: You completely missed how they established the time travel / multiverse in the film.

They established the rules that going back in "time" does not alter the current present but creates an entirely new timeline. That is exactly why Nebula was able to kill a version of herself without disappearing. The old version of Nebula that got killed meant the timeline where she came from is now dead, not the Nebula in present timeline.

Captain America stayed in the past by choice, so he could stay with his lover, Peggy. Two things that the movie already established: Cap stole a number of Pym particle capsules, and going back in "time" meant he could get even more, as much Pym particles he could want. Also he had the Time Compass that Tony Stark invented so he can travel to literally any time or reality, and that's when he decided to come back to present time as an old man, because he finally fulfilled his life and he didn't want to leave his Avengers pals hangin'.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15806 Posts

@playfulred: No need to post in a thread that's about 3 months old.