GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3105 Posts

I've been on a few dates with this girl. It's been progressing well, I like her and she likes me. The issue is I am thoroughly convinced that she has lip injections and gotten her bobs done. Her lips and bobs are disproportionate to her face and body respectively.

I've dated a girl who had bob implants and her entire outlook about her looks, the world, and men in general was warped. She was also very insecure, high maintenance, and jealous and controlling and I promised myself to never date a girl with surgery again.

So what is the best most diplomatic method of asking if she's had work done? I would particularly like to hear from the three ladies on this board.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

Just ask her. You may say, that's easier said than done, but you're not going to get the results you're looking for if you're not frank with her. It would be more awkward and potentially hurtful to her if you try to be subtle with asking.

I would also say that just because someone's gotten surgery, that doesn't mean that they're going to have the same negative characteristics as your previous date. I would argue though that someone who's getting surgery to "enhance" their features, probably has self-esteem issues.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

The premise you present is you would never date a girl who had cosmetic surgery because of their behavior, correct?

Continue dating this girl. Get to know her social circle. You'll soon discover if her behavior lines up w/ your prior experience. However, don't right her off simply because of the surgery, she may be the best girl in the world for you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56035 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

The premise you present is you would never date a girl who had cosmetic surgery because of their behavior, correct?

Continue dating this girl. Get to know her social circle. You'll soon discover if her behavior lines up w/ your prior experience. However, don't right her off simply because of the surgery, she may be the best girl in the world for you.

This is the correct answer and probably the best answer here. Also, I too would continue dating her when you get to know her more if not at least a year to you finally know what's going on and don't write her off and give it a year later.

Honestly, cosmetic surgery isn't something I'll write off until I know if a person has the right personality I'm looking for.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

If you're worried it might be a sign of insecurity then not sure asking will help. I'd imagine if the insecurity is a big personality flaw and that's really what you want to know that just getting to know them better is probably going to answer that better for you.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3105 Posts

I get that there are unfair beauty standards for women vs. men. Men can be fat hapless slobs and be accepted, women can’t. I get why some women would get plastic surgery, it’s understandable.

But it’s a big turnoff for me. I guess there’s no way of just asking so I have to see if she admits to it.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I agree with those who have said that just because the woman has had appearance enhancing surgery doesn't make her a person that has the characteristics that you do not approve of.

On a side-note, if you continue to date her and catch a liking to her I think she will be able to figure out on her own that you like her because of who she is and not of how she looks. In 99% of the cases that can only be a positive thing for the both of you!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

oh there's a way