Not gonna lie, The latest Bumblebee Trailer just crank up the nostalgic in me with G1 version!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

At first, I wasn't interested in this latest Transformers movie, but this new trailer with G1 Transformers got me intrigued, I just hope it's as good as Micheal Bay's TF versions. But the good thing is, Hasbro is actually work Paramount Pictures, making sure it sticks to the material as close as possible.

If your a G1 Transformers fan, are you interested in this new TF movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Instead of milking the franchise into movie after movie, why not adapt the franchise to a more episodic nature like Game of Thrones.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

My dad had that exact model of VW Beetle when I was a kid, same color too. We'd drive to the golf range in it, to the pool, to baseball games. I loved Transformers (still do!) when I was a kid. I really like the new art direction of these transformers in this trailer; they're less shiny, less "busy", than in previous films.

...but I still have no desire to see this film.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

It's a step in the right direction, and I like the fact that they look closer to their G1 counterparts--hell, they look like actual ROBOTS than just shifting metal parts--but with the damage caused by the last few movies, I wonder if this is too little, too late.

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

The movie is going to be successful and the trailer looks great but its never going to make the same impact the first Bayformer did. That boat has sailed beyond the horizon long ago.

I'll watch it for Soundwave.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

My dad had that exact model of VW Beetle when I was a kid, same color too. We'd drive to the golf range in it, to the pool, to baseball games. I loved Transformers (still do!) when I was a kid. I really like the new art direction of these transformers in this trailer; they're less shiny, less "busy", than in previous films.

...but I still have no desire to see this film.

My parents also had a VW Beetle in the late 80's and I was still a child, but it was blue not yellow lol.

@hallenbeck77 said:

It's a step in the right direction, and I like the fact that they look closer to their G1 counterparts--hell, they look like actual ROBOTS than just shifting metal parts--but with the damage caused by the last few movies, I wonder if this is too little, too late.

I don't think Bay is a bad action movie director. He puts together CGI and live action stunt pieces like a master.

It was everything else that was the problem. You couldn't tell his robots apart. He pissed me off killing my favorite TF Jazz out the gate. Spielberg changing the crashing on earth in the prehistoric age thing because of his War of the Worlds movie was dumb too.

I'm glad we got this movie. All feels right now. Even this plot of the Deceptions fooling the military into thinking Bee is a criminal is way better than any previous Bay plot. It also get's bonus points for Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus Prime and seeing both Shockwave & Soundwave G1.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I'm calling it now: It will be the best live action Transformers movie ever! Loved that trailer, but this trailer is even better!

Loading Video...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

As someone who has seen this trailer yet only briefly viewed snippets of the live action films, it seems as if the Transformers in this one look true to what we had in the 80's while the other past live action films went off the rails and liberties were taken with the appearance of the D and A's. Correct?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

The Michael Bay movies were horrendous. I couldn't even get through the last one with Mark Walhberg, and I enjoy his work.

All I ask for in this movie is a G1 Starscream.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

They need to make this movie the starting point of a new reboot. Forget it being a prequel to the M. Bay movies and start over from here. Soundwave, Prime and Shockwave look perfect. If they nail the rest like they did those three, this movie will be awesome. This movie is at the top of my can't wait list now.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@heathen75 said:

They need to make this movie the starting point of a new reboot. Forget it being a prequel to the M. Bay movies and start over from here. Soundwave, Prime and Shockwave look perfect. If they nail the rest like they did those three, this movie will be awesome. This movie is at the top of my can't wait list now.

It pretty much is the starting point of a reboot. If it does well then it's confirmed to be a new series that has nothing to do with the Micheal Bay movies.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@mitu123 said:
@heathen75 said:

It pretty much is the starting point of a reboot. If it does well then it's confirmed to be a new series that has nothing to do with the Micheal Bay movies.

Oh shit! Now you got my attention.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Love they are finally using G1 design...hates Bumblebee (still not G1 design robot mode, but probably because of the horn thing xD) being put on pedestal as the only saviour/hero of Earth. :P