Nightwish and Anette Olzon part company..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#1 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

So today Nightwish and their singer Anette Olzon parted company. Just several days before i was about to go see them in a concert darn it... Anyway, they wont be canceling their US tour and will instead use Floor Jensen as their lead singer now...Wonder how it will sound with a new vocalist?...

Source:

Here!

TTGSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TTGSteve
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts

Well that's honestly a shame. I've been a fan of Nightwish when they had Tarja and Anette. Anette was definitely a big change, but I thought it may be a welcome change, because she added a little more spunk to their music. However, I could definitely see where they may have alienated some of their fans when they picked up Anette.It's a shame she's gone, especially in the middle of a tour.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EvilSelf

Well that's honestly a shame. I've been a fan of Nightwish when they had Tarja and Anette. Anette was definitely a big change, but I thought it may be a welcome change, because she added a little more spunk to their music. However, I could definitely see where they may have alienated some of their fans when they picked up Anette.It's a shame she's gone, especially in the middle of a tour.

TTGSteve

Agreed. Even though the temporary vocalist they are employing Floor Jensen is closer to the style that Tarja brought to the band, i am just ticked off at the timing of this change. Oh well, we will see how it goes...

TTGSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TTGSteve
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts

though the temporary vocalist they are employing Floor Jensen is closer to the style that Tarja brought to the band, i am just ticked off at the timing of this change. Oh well, we will see how it goes...

EvilSelf

I agree with that, but you have to question the quality of the music. She's not Tarja, nor is she Anette. A lot of things can go wrong, unfortunately.Definitely let me know how the show goes. I'll be curious.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

though the temporary vocalist they are employing Floor Jensen is closer to the style that Tarja brought to the band, i am just ticked off at the timing of this change. Oh well, we will see how it goes...

TTGSteve

I agree with that, but you have to question the quality of the music. She's not Tarja, nor is she Anette. A lot of things can go wrong, unfortunately.Definitely let me know how the show goes. I'll be curious.

Certainly. We shall see.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#6 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Wow, I'm surprised.

But Floor Jansen is a fantastic vocalist. I think I prefer her to annette. I'd love to see them now.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Wow seriously?
I have mixed feeling about this since I wasn't ever really the biggest fan of Anette anyway (I preferred Tarja even if she was kinda... erm... well we all saw the letter) But I'm curious to see how this new talent fits into the aesthetic of Nightwish.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EvilSelf

Wow seriously?
I have mixed feeling about this since I wasn't ever really the biggest fan of Anette anyway (I preferred Tarja even if she was kinda... erm... well we all saw the letter) But I'm curious to see how this new talent fits into the aesthetic of Nightwish.

Synthia

As far as i know it will a temporary appointment just for the US tour. Not sure who their next singer will be.