New York is now the 6th state to legalize LGBT Marriage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Proud day to be a New Yorker~

Gay Marriage will become legal in New York State now that the republican-led Senate voted to approve it. Advocated call it a historic step as New York stands to become the sixth but by far the largest state to legalize same-sex marriage. Democratic Gov Andrew Cuomo lobbied hard for the bill and promised to sign it.

Source (fixed link)

PeelMyBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PeelMyBanana
Member since 2011 • 255 Posts
When the hell did America get six states?
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Maybe if you're gay The rest of us just want the economy to get better. Albany isn't really listening on that front.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

When the hell did America get six states?PeelMyBanana

America has 50 states...

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Nice to see some common sense being spread. Now they can stop discussing things that should be obvious for everyone and deal with things that really matter... unless the next issue is abortion
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Although this is great for the gay community, we need more attention to the economy.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Now California needs to step up. What up now West Coast?

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

Although this is great for the gay community, we need more attention to the economy.

DroidPhysX
Just think of it this way, with this out of the way, they can! :) (But they probably won't)
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
Positive bill. Really can't argue against equality. Now let's get those jobs going! :P
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Ring_of_fire
Just think of it this way, with this out of the way, they can! :) (But they probably won't)

Pfft. Weddings are freakin expensive. With more people getting married, more money will be spent. Thus stimulating the economy. Just think, the more lavish the wedding, the bigger boost to the economy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Just think of it this way, with this out of the way, they can! :) (But they probably won't)Ring_of_fire

They won't. Albany is so corrupt and useless, it's mind-boggling.

To show you how corrupt my state is, my town voted down a measure to erect a new baseball stadium, but the town supervisor went ahead with the building, saying we had already built so much that it would be an even bigger waste to stop construction. Well, now my town is saddled with the bill for the construction and will also be forced to pay for it if it isn't profitable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Naw, I think people like me wil focus on these issues that really aren't central for the prosperity of our nation because they like to, not because they should.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ring_of_fire

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]Just think of it this way, with this out of the way, they can! :) (But they probably won't)airshocker

They won't. Albany is so corrupt and useless, it's mind-boggling.

To show you how corrupt my state is, my town voted down a measure to erect a new baseball stadium, but the town supervisor went ahead with the building, saying we had already built so much that it would be an even bigger waste to stop construction. Well, now my town is saddled with the bill for the construction and will also be forced to pay for it if it isn't profitable.

I know Albany is corrupt, I live right outside of it. I would be in favor of throwing everyone out, and doing a new election......but that probably won't be good for the economy..... I just don't know, maybe because I am ignorant on economic issues, the proper way to stimulate the economy. That is why I am more.....inclined....to follow social issues (Which can be also voted on, as well, but the economy should come first. And now that this is over, hopefully they'll focus on that instead of naming a state vegetable). I don't know where I stand with the 2% property tax cap. I just hope it doesn't hurt education too much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I know Albany is corrupt, I live right outside of it. I would be in favor of throwing everyone out, and doing a new election......but that probably won't be good for the economy..... I just don't know, maybe because I am ignorant on economic issues, the proper way to stimulate the economy. That is why I am more.....inclined....to follow social issues (Which can be also voted on, as well, but the economy should come first. And now that this is over, hopefully they'll focus on that instead of naming a state vegetable). I don't know where I stand with the 2% property tax cap. I just hope it doesn't hurt education too much.Ring_of_fire

This state can't take much more tax increases. We already lost two seats in the house of representatives. People are leaving and not looking back. And it's not because of the traffic.

It is far, far too expensive to live in this state. We are taxed on EVERYTHING, and we still can't pay for anything.

I mean come on. I'm being taxed something like 40% of my income when you tack on Federal taxes. That doesn't even take into consideration the rent payments each month.

We need massive cuts, and they're going to hurt for everyone. But we need them.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

Did the sky fall in New York yet?

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ring_of_fire

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]I know Albany is corrupt, I live right outside of it. I would be in favor of throwing everyone out, and doing a new election......but that probably won't be good for the economy..... I just don't know, maybe because I am ignorant on economic issues, the proper way to stimulate the economy. That is why I am more.....inclined....to follow social issues (Which can be also voted on, as well, but the economy should come first. And now that this is over, hopefully they'll focus on that instead of naming a state vegetable). I don't know where I stand with the 2% property tax cap. I just hope it doesn't hurt education too much.airshocker

This state can't take much more tax increases. We already lost two seats in the house of representatives. People are leaving and not looking back. And it's not because of the traffic.

It is far, far too expensive to live in this state. We are taxed on EVERYTHING, and we still can't pay for anything.

I mean come on. I'm being taxed something like 40% of my income when you tack on Federal taxes. That doesn't even take into consideration the rent payments each month.

We need massive cuts, and they're going to hurt for everyone. But we need them.

I know taxes may be too high, and spending as well. I just don't want things to be rash where they sacrifice the future to be better today. I think it would be a decent thing to have a discussion of adjusting the State Income tax.

The one thing I really get pissed about is no one really cares about the deficit, or trying to fix the economy. No one. It may be the flavor of the month (As it should be), but no one is really serious about it. They are only using it to attack the opposite party.

As I said before, I won't pretend to understand economics. I just think "tax cuts" are too easy of an answer, but it doesn't necessarily solve all the problems. NY needs a strong bipartisan discussion (Which, I won't be a part of, as I am just not that smart :P)

SkylinePigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 SkylinePigeon
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts
I hate to close this because it is wonderful news and I want to celebrate it all over the internet in every thread. But, there is already one here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28720163/new-york-state-assembly-approves-same-sex-marriage-bill?tag=topics%3Btitle