RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

I do not like the idea of New Year’s resolutions, I never make them, but this year I’m starting early on what could be considered a resolution; quitting vaping. I’m 2 days clean of it, it’s been hard as all hell but I know I’ll feel better in a couple weeks.

How about you guys? Anyone making and New Year’s resolutions or getting a head start on them? No time like the present!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

Just one: exercise. No other real constraints, expectations...just exercise. 5-minute walk or a 40-minute lifting session, either one is fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Don't end up in a jail cell or padded room.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59328 Posts

Put the pounds on again, just a fat potato.

Def going to say do something, and then do nothing.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

job,more cardio,cosplay props and such,relunch my Amazon store and a few other things.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Actually I thought about it more I want to astral project.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

I gave up smoking tobacco this month, so I started early. Other resolutions: Exercise.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I want to find a new job and move abroad.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEVILinIRON

@johnd13: Anywhere in particular?

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1283 Posts

New Years Resolutions is a vain attempt to achieve something you could have otherwise done throughout the year anyway. It's also an excuse people make to change their lives for the better, waiting until that fateful day to actually do something about it. "I'll start doing (insert) next year!" Resolutions are almost always never kept. Case in point: The gym.

If you're wanting to do something to better your life, just do it. Waiting for a specific day as if it gives you power and strength is silly. I once knew this girl who swore right then and there that she would start eating healthy, but then she immediately said, "I'll do it tomorrow." A lack of self-control and/or discipline is ultimately why most people fail to keep their self-made promises.

Now I'm not saying that I haven't made resolutions to myself and failed or lost interest. Even in my adult years I've said to myself that I would try to actually put effort into my voice acting career, but I just don't have the motivation do it. Not once in my adult life have I made a New Year resolution, though in my youth I may have, but don't quote me on it. I can't recollect a time where I made one.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: Somewhere in central/western Europe. Maybe France or Switzerland. I already live in Europe so it's not a huge leap objectively speaking but as someone who's never lived alone, I expect it to be quite a challenge.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: any tips for beating the cravings? I find I have zero energy dealing with the nicotine withdrawals, just trying to distract myself with video games and reading and cleaning the house the last few days

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DEVILinIRON

@johnd13 said:

@DEVILinIRON: Somewhere in central/western Europe. Maybe France or Switzerland. I already live in Europe so it's not a huge leap objectively speaking but as someone who's never lived alone, I expect it to be quite a challenge.

Nice! Nice was nice when I visited.

@ratchetclank92 said:

@DEVILinIRON: any tips for beating the cravings? I find I have zero energy dealing with the nicotine withdrawals, just trying to distract myself with video games and reading and cleaning the house the last few days

I just deal with the withdrawals. Ignore them and power through!

Loading Video...

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#14 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

Try to lose a few pounds,trying to cut down foul language,especially when I’m gaming. Cut my intake of salt and sugar as much as I can. I’m going to try to be more pleasant with people, I get pissy/moody with some people. I don’t have a large family but going to try to be more family oriented more often. Those are the main things in my life.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

I rarely do any new year's resolutions as I Sodom don't follow it. If I'm being honest about it, my somewhat new year resolution is to get a divorce. I'm thinking about it but try not to take me seriously.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127527 Posts

@davillain said:

I rarely do any new year's resolutions as I Sodom don't follow it. If I'm being honest about it, my somewhat new year resolution is to get a divorce. I'm thinking about it but try not to take me seriously.

You gotta give us a little more man. We are starving for details. :P

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DEVILinIRON

I came up with another one. I need to start finishing books that I've started to read. Furthest I got was The Red Book, 3/4 of the way through and I stopped. The majority of what I read were graphic novels. I really should get back into reading.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1411 Posts

Coming to late to work less frequently.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

My father in law passed away last year in August (or really early september, but the saga started in August), but before that, for a very long time, he would have people over for breakfast/brunch on damn near every Sunday including myself and my wife, as well as a couple of people from his wife's side of the family.

I have no idea how he managed to pull that together each week tbh, but my new years resolution is to do some version of that once a month with the people who are left. We basically haven't seen each other since the funeral and if I don't do this then there's basically no chance anyone is going to keep it going and we will continue down the path of losing touch and I don't want that. I spent this last weekend getting the house into decent shape, and there's still a little bit more to do, but after that I intend to start having a monthly brunch with the people we use to see and interact with so often. Wish me luck. :)

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16042 Posts

I want to fap less.