New TV Show Addictions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by N1K0LA191 (79 posts) -

I am in love with two TV shows that are on right now. First, on FX, Justified. It is one of the best TV shows I have watched in a while. Everything about it is amazing, especially the Western Themed Gun Slinger main character Raylan Givens. Second, following along the same lines, is Hell on Wheels on AMC. Hell on Wheels is a very historically accurate portrayal of railroad towns that were being erected shortly after the end of the Civil War and the Emancipation Proclamation. It is in incredible show, and if you haven't checked either of these out, I HIGHLY recommend it!

#2 Posted by dave123321 (35340 posts) -
Good shows. I almost forgot that The Americans is on tonight , till thread reminded me of it.
#3 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Justified is amazing. I'm surprised you're just now discovering it. :P

#4 Posted by dave123321 (35340 posts) -

Pirate700
We can't all be hip and current
#5 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

dave123321

We can't all be hip and current

Well it's in the 4th season now. :P

#6 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

The Walking DeadJust recently got into the show. sister was watching it on Netflix and i got hooked. over the course of a couple days we watched all on netflix. then was lucky enough to find the first half of season 3 on demand so we watched all those in a day. cant wiat till sunday.

#7 Posted by N1K0LA191 (79 posts) -

Haha, it is quite difficult for me to keep up with new amazing TV shows while my head is buried in a book for half of my week, can't wait to get out of college. But yeah, once I watched the first season of Justified, I went and bought seasons 2 and 3 and caught up before the new season started. It just gets better and better. And I almost forgot the Americans is on tonight until you said something actually! Also an incredible show, I have a Soviet Russia History course this semester, and it goes right along with that class as well as world politics, so it makes it that much better for me lol

#8 Posted by N1K0LA191 (79 posts) -

The Walking DeadJust recently got into the show. sister was watching it on Netflix and i got hooked. over the course of a couple days we watched all on netflix. then was lucky enough to find the first half of season 3 on demand so we watched all those in a day. cant wiat till sunday.

konvikt_17
Also another fantastic show, I still need to catch up on the last few episodes of the first part of season 3, but AMC is really good with airing a double marathon of sorts to catch all of their viewers up right before the new episodes air. Can't wait either!
#9 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Just found out about Drawn Together. There's probably like 20 or so references in every episode. Show would be amazing if they got rid of Toot though.

Also bought Metalocalypse season 4 recently. Season 1 was still by far the best, but it was a definite improvement from the mediocrity that was season 3. Also, it would be awesome if pokemon was like this.

#10 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

Just found out about Drawn Together. There's probably like 20 or so references in every episode. Show would be amazing if they got rid of Toot though.

Also bought Metalocalypse season 4 recently. Season 1 was still by far the best, but it was a definite improvement from the mediocrity that was season 3. Also, it would be awesome if pokemon was like this.

cain006

Tara Strong actually said that was her favorite character she ever worked on.

#11 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

DharmaMember77

Tara Strong actually said that was her favorite character she ever worked on.

Well I hate the character. I don't really do the gross humor and her voice is way too shrill. Spanky Ham is good because he's not just fart jokes. 90% of Toot's jokes so far have just been gross and annoying.

But I did love in that one episode when they showed a pregnant Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls. I was glad I recognized Tara Strong so the joke was even funnier.

#12 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Haha, it is quite difficult for me to keep up with new amazing TV shows while my head is buried in a book for half of my week, can't wait to get out of college. But yeah, once I watched the first season of Justified, I went and bought seasons 2 and 3 and caught up before the new season started. It just gets better and better. And I almost forgot the Americans is on tonight until you said something actually! Also an incredible show, I have a Soviet Russia History course this semester, and it goes right along with that class as well as world politics, so it makes it that much better for me lol

N1K0LA191

I'm just messing with ya. I was late to the Walking Dead scene.

#13 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28392 posts) -
I recently watched the entire series of Buffy in a month and a half.
#14 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -

Nothing new on my end. My wife has been on a huge Hart of Dixie kick. I usually just fall back to my old favs, TNG, Voyager, Castle and NCIS. The newest show I've started watching and have enjoyed is The Mindy Project.