New tv making weird noises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

So I got the tv today, 26" sony bravia but firstly, it makes this pretty quiet buzzing sound. The weird one though, is that whenever the volume is on (at 1 or up) it makes this strange dull noise, kind of like a fan, but kind of like the sound you get when its not set on a proper channel. If I mute the tv it goes away though.I dont get it. Is this normal or is the tv faulty?

semi-expert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 semi-expert
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

So I got the tv today, 26" sony bravia but firstly, it makes this pretty quiet buzzing sound. The weird one though, is that whenever the volume is on (at 1 or up) it makes this strange dull noise, kind of like a fan, but kind of like the sound you get when its not set on a proper channel. If I mute the tv it goes away though.I dont get it. Is this normal or is the tv faulty?

_Cadbury_

What I reckon you should do is bring it back to the store, or go on to the Sony website and send 'em a question.

But, if I can recall, I've had that prob before and it's got something to do with the interior fan having dust, but considering you just bought it...not sure