DilboBaggons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DilboBaggons
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

Hi, some backstory - I used to be avid online member of several forums and posted all the time, basically quite involved in the community. That was about 10 years ago. I have found most communities not to be toxic, or to not respond promptly, or to not be helpful in the least. But as an avid gamer, and also having a job + lifestyle where I am constantly on the computer, I figured I would give it a chance. So I have joined this forum as well as IGN's to give these two a shot. What do you folks think? I generally do have a lot of questions I'd like answered when it comes to games, consoles, technical aspects, upcoming news, and I also have a lot of experience and education where I feel I could prove helpful in many threads by providing my own answers.

Is Gamespot a good community to join? Is it not toxic? Will answers be provided to questions I may ask in a timely fashion? Will the community fell like just that - a community? Will it be worth it to me? OR is it better to stay on the sidelines?

Are there are other communities better for joining for these reasons or is this community great if I remain involved?

In any fashion, I would like to say hello and I am excited to see how joining this community works out for me. Thanks for all that may provide helpful answers to this, or to any other questions I may ask in the future on different threads. I hope this turns into a great community and one I enjoy being a part of - one I can turn to when I have questions about upcoming games, game choices, tech news and more. Thank you so much for any and all help.

DilboBaggons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DilboBaggons

Well, that's a sad first impression of the forum.....no replies.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127511 Posts

Usually roll call is used to it. But yeah, this forum has seen more active days.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@dilbobaggons: Welcome. :)

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

welcome to gamespot.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

@dilbobaggons said:

Well, that's a sad first impression of the forum.....no replies.

Not much to go around here but nevertheless, welcome to Gamespot and if you need anything, I'll be here, somewhere in the forums.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26103 Posts

Welcome!

Gamespot used to be pretty big with a thriving community around 10+ years ago, but now it's mostly empty. That said, there are a few posters here that can contribute to a good discussion, just not necessarily in a timely fashion.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7301 Posts

@dilbobaggons: Welcome. You will find these forums are not terribly active anymore, but there are enough people around that I still enjoy posting in them. Questions will generally get answered pretty well, and I've had some enjoyable discussions over the years. Just stay out of the "Political Gamers" forum if you want to avoid toxicity. "System Wars" can also get out of hand, but it is the most active one on the site. I'm not going to say stay out, but tread lightly in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Something to be aware of is that Gamespot will lock a thread if the previous reply was three weeks ago. So, in a way, it's not really a forum, it's a chat room, with some same topics often posted over and over and over.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@dilbobaggons: Heyyy and welcome to the family, now that you've made a few posts you're stuck with us for life. There is no backing out... it's like the mafia but 10X worse!

If you have any questions then there are various boards within the forums where you can post them. Not saying it will always be a speedy reply considering on the current level of traffic on certain boards, but we will do our best to provide you with answers.

As others above have mentioned, System Wars and Political Gamers are generally the most active spots on the site these days, though there is still some life left in the Games Discussion and Off Topic boards too! Not only that, but you can also check out the platform specific boards - Nintendo Fan Club, Playstation Nation, Xbox Association, PC/Mac/Linux Society and Mobile Connection if you have specific questions, want to discuss upcoming releases or just would like to get to know those who game on your platform(s) of choice.

Generally, it's not a toxic community, although of course like anywhere else it has its moments. Anyway, it's always better to get involved than to stay on the sidelines. Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Oh yes and seriously though, don't even think about leaving... there will be consequences... lol.

DilboBaggons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DilboBaggons

A turnaround!! Great! Thanks so much my friends. I'm just some 26 year old who works a job which requires me to constantly be online but constantly not do any work so, being a majorly active forum member of several forums as a teenager, I thought I'd give a few a try now a days. I joined Gamespot, IGN, and Reddit (but Reddit is way too complicated with way too many sub-reddits to find a way to stay stable on that site, along with the toxicity)

If anyone can recommend any other forums, beyond Gamespot, they'd recommend, I'm open to hearing. I'm very much into gaming and technological advances, news, and topics. As most here probably. I look forward to talking with all of you and more on any future threads we may meet and thanks for the information about the site as well as the suggestions and advice!

@ezekiel43 - interesting notch of information there...that does make it less a forum, and more a quick question-answer kind of deal. Thanks for that.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Excellent. A new recruit. We'll be breaching CBS headquarters any year now. People will be thrown from windows.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Greetings newcomer!

The community here sort of died after they removed a lot of community-like features. Anyway, I don't think it's that toxic here.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Greetings newcomer!

The community here sort of died after they removed a lot of community-like features. Anyway, I don't think it's that toxic here.

Agreed. TC should check out Political Gamers. The people there are very nice and welcoming.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127511 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Greetings newcomer!

Agreed. TC should check out Political Gamers. The people there are very nice and welcoming.

Add System Wars when you are at it.