New Joker movie trailer is.....not the best or worst, just average!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

To be honest, the first trailer was a lot better. Made it seem more like a suspense thriller or something. This one made the movie look much more ordinary and I don't really like that at all. Wish this was a live action Killing Joke instead doing it's own thing. I'll still go see it. What about you?

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

No, not seeing it. The Joker needs Batman.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It's one of my most anticipated movies. Liked every trailer so far.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

I've already seen Falling Down.

This guy understands what it's like to order soda from a takeout.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

This really seems like a script that was re-purposed into a “joker” film rather than an actual DC movie from what I've seen so far. But in another way, it looks like it wants to be "The King of Comedy" so bad, which means it looks like it could be pretty good.

Also, I notice that Thomas Wayne (Bruce Wayne's Dad) was in the bathroom with Joker during the Ball Theater room who punch him and so with that, Bruce & Thomas had already been shown as of now and this tells it that Batman mythos will be in it. I'm betting during the near ending of the film, Thomas & Martha will be killed after the Theater. Could it be the Joker who will pull the trigger? Hmmm.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Looks boring and depressing.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

It probably will be a snooze fes

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

@davillain-: I'm of the opinion that comics should be like stories were told at the campfire and changed over time, and never should be fixed. But I never liked the take that the Joker killed Batmans parents, it always struck me as a very lazy way to give them a connection.

The idea that's it's Batman, through his own vigilantism creating The Joker (who is more pathetic than bad and just some sap forced into it) by basically messing up and doing... a bad job always seemed like the better route imo.

Batman is created from being a victim and inadvertently creates the Joker from being a victim through his own overzealous efforts as an early capped crusader.

It's something Arkham Origins (along with Bane), done really well. The Joker in that game rather than, just shits and giggles for the sake of it, feels like a repercussion as his very own Frankenstein monster.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Need to watch and find out. Hopefully it's good cause Joker is my favourite DC villain

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Honestly.....I have no idea what this trailer is trying to accomplish. I’m left feeling indifferent. Though I have to say, Phoenix is looking like a real badass in his old age. Would’ve enjoyed seeing River.

Ledger’s a hard act to follow. This just feels like a down and out bloke regaining his profession. Nothing sinister, nothing notable respective to the source material.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish with this, and I am torn on how I feel about it.

1. On one hand, I feel like if it was it's own movie that didn't use any DC content or was associated with it at all, I could take it a bit more serious.

2. On the other hand, I appreciate them trying to do something original with a pre-existing license/IP.

I just don't know how close it will be to the comics, or if it is based on a specific comic or spin-off or "other earth" or whatever.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I'm not sure about the movie after that trailer. I have to wait and watch it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

The reviews are out and most I have read are giving it higher numbers and calling it the best DC film of all time since The Dark Knight. Even Gamespot gave it a 10/10. I never expected a standalone Joker film getting raving reviews.

@uninspiredcup said:

@davillain-: I'm of the opinion that comics should be like stories were told at the campfire and changed over time, and never should be fixed. But I never liked the take that the Joker killed Batmans parents, it always struck me as a very lazy way to give them a connection.

The idea that's it's Batman, through his own vigilantism creating The Joker (who is more pathetic than bad and just some sap forced into it) by basically messing up and doing... a bad job always seemed like the better route imo.

Batman is created from being a victim and inadvertently creates the Joker from being a victim through his own overzealous efforts as an early capped crusader.

It's something Arkham Origins (along with Bane), done really well. The Joker in that game rather than, just shits and giggles for the sake of it, feels like a repercussion as his very own Frankenstein monster.

I totally agree with this. Even in the game Telltale Batman, they change how Bruce lost his parents from a common thug to an assassinating Bruce parents was kinda interesting but not how I picture of how he meets the Joker from a prison cell.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

The reviews for Joker are great. IGN gave it a 10 as well.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Seems like it's had good reviews so far. So I'm keen to see it.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Looks good. Haven't seen a film at the theater in at least a month. So I will go for this one.

queenelizabeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 queenelizabeth
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

for me this is quite good unlike the joker that they used in suiceide squad, this one has more edge and the story was sure real dark, will definitely watch this! -betwala

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

So is this a drama movie??? if so count me out.