need help with computer question please!! :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gosuchum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gosuchum
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hi guys my aunty bought me a laptop last week and i bought the game *the watcher* and i cant seem to play it without it lagging even on low settings, i think it may be my graphics card it is a *graphics media accelerator 4500m* is it **** its also got 4bg ram and a 2.16 processor, if it is the graphics card what would be a good value one i can buy to play varios games on, and can i slot it in somewhere or do i need to get someone to install it???
darkhorse286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkhorse286
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade the graphics card on a laptop. Sorry.

Also, this should be in the pc hardware forums.

Shadow10987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shadow10987
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
Does it lag as in err RuneScape lag?, or is it like server crashing lag?
acxler8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 acxler8
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts
hop on one leg while waving one of your arms in the air...
gosuchum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gosuchum
its just jumpy like when i run into a area it like has to load it up for a second impossible to play and enjoy , i cant upgrade graphics card on laptop ? :E
darkhorse286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkhorse286
its just jumpy like when i run into a area it like has to load it up for a second impossible to play and enjoy , i cant upgrade graphics card on laptop ? :Egosuchum
No, the graphics card is on the motherboard. AMD are planning an external graphics card but I wouldn't expect that for a while.
Shadow10987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shadow10987
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
That's the same as RuneScape lag, it's just slow, right? Uninstall any unneeded memory data on your laptop. Probably not iTunes though, cos laptops would be no good without iTunes!! Hmm..if you have more than 3 Spywares, delete them. Max 3 - you only need 1, but extras can be added for maximum protection to your laptop. Delete all malicious files on your HD. If problems persist, contact the seller of your laptop - in, which case, you will have to ask your aunty about.
darkhorse286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darkhorse286
That's the same as RuneScape lag, it's just slow, right? Uninstall any unneeded memory data on your laptop. Probably not iTunes though, cos laptops would be no good without iTunes!! Hmm..if you have more than 3 Spywares, delete them. Max 3 - you only need 1, but extras can be added for maximum protection to your laptop. Delete all malicious files on your HD. If problems persist, contact the seller of your laptop - in, which case, you will have to ask your aunty about.Shadow10987
I think the problem is his graphics card. That wouldn't be necessary with 4gb ram installed
gosuchum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gosuchum
well thats dissapointing, i dont have any unnessecary stuff on my comp its like 4 days old lol i think it must be the graphics card...... i guess im going to have to deal with it and not play games or ask for a reciept which will be awful....... meh
AtvarU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 AtvarU
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

The lag would be the processor, nuff said.

gosuchum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gosuchum
lol so is it the processor or the graphics card?
G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts

Hey there! I'm going to point you in the direction of the PC Hardware board, the resident forumers in that board know their stuff about PCs ;).