Need help to delete photos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Takemeheart
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

Last week, after i went home from my trip ,I copied all the photos to my computer's backup file.

Then I removed them from my iPhone because they took up my 6.3 GB of mobile memory (including photos and video) , But last night, I stumbled across my phone's Settings and still displayed: photos -- 6 GB, but those photos or videos has been deleted from my iPhone, I'm sure that I did it myself,

I don't understand what the reason is?

deepshika1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deepshika1
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

Maybe it is displaying photos from icloud or something.

Or recovery, or you accidentally did not delete it at all.

Lot of possibilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

If you copied the photos and then you manually deleted them from your phone it's possible they're still in the "deleted photos" folder where they'll stay for about a month or when you manually empty the folder. It's a security measure to prevent you from deleting the wrong photo.

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Takemeheart

@deepshika1 said:

Maybe it is displaying photos from icloud or something.

Or recovery, or you accidentally did not delete it at all.

Lot of possibilities.

In general , after i deleted these photos or videos form my iPhone , my iPhone should made some space , but it didn't ,

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Takemeheart

@korvus said:

If you copied the photos and then you manually deleted them from your phone it's possible they're still in the "deleted photos" folder where they'll stay for about a month or when you manually empty the folder. It's a security measure to prevent you from deleting the wrong photo.

What you mean that these deleted photos may still be in my iPhone .........Will it be really deleted after a month ? OMG , it's too complicated , I always thought they had been deleted.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@takemeheart said:
@korvus said:

What you mean that these deleted photos may still be in my iPhone .........Will it be really deleted after a month ? OMG , it's too complicated , I always thought they had been deleted.

You don't have to wait a month. Like korvus wrote, you can manually empty the folder. Just go to "Albums", which you can select from the bottom right, then find "Recently Deleted". You can delete all of them from there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b797108c254e

Ok, so if you go to albums you will have several folders. Camera Roll, Favourites, Videos, Selfies, etc. One of those folders is called Recently Deleted and will hold everything you delete for 24 (I think) days which means the photos and videos aren't deleted at all yet; they just got sent to that folder. If you go to the Recently Deleted folder and press Select > Delete All then they will finally be out of your phone. You can also use that folder in the future if you delete something by accident and you the Recover option instead.

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Takemeheart

@SOedipus said:
@takemeheart said:
@korvus said:

You don't have to wait a month. Like korvus wrote, you can manually empty the folder. Just go to "Albums", which you can select from the bottom right, then find "Recently Deleted". You can delete all of them from there.

Thanks , i will test it for my iPhone , and i want to know , these data can be recovered back if i do that ?

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Takemeheart

@korvus said:

Ok, so if you go to albums you will have several folders. Camera Roll, Favourites, Videos, Selfies, etc. One of those folders is called Recently Deleted and will hold everything you delete for 24 (I think) days which means the photos and videos aren't deleted at all yet; they just got sent to that folder. If you go to the Recently Deleted folder and press Select > Delete All then they will finally be out of your phone. You can also use that folder in the future if you delete something by accident and you the Recover option instead.

That mean i can permanently delete them from my iPhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e
@takemeheart said:

That mean i can permanently delete them from my iPhone

Yes :)

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Takemeheart

Unfortunately , these delete data can be found with recovery tool . i have tried it ,

stackuzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stackuzy
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

On iOS 10 or later, the deleted photos will go to 'recently deleted folder' first for 30 days. that is the reason why the storage is not cleared up. Actually, you will find pretty easy solution via Google search result like this one. Usually, you should pay extract bucks.

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Takemeheart

@stackuzy said:

On iOS 10 or later, the deleted photos will go to 'recently deleted folder' first for 30 days. that is the reason why the storage is not cleared up

So , after 30 days , it will be completely wipe out , it will take a long time