Nearly stabbed my eye

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by GTA_dude (18358 posts) -

Yesterday I was working hard in my garage and in a split second I rapidly, accidentally stabbed myself in the face with a very sharp pointed metal object. Ended up about 2 centimeters from getting my eye, which would obviously cause me to loose it. Kinda funny, not very often you value your ability to see.

I've had plenty of close calls with dieing. Car accidents, hospital visits, but this is just the more recent interesting story. This was doing just a daily activity (Well, for me atleast), so it makes it alittle different then most. Anyone else have anything interesting that's somewhat related?

#2 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

Glad you are alright 300 dude.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (22399 posts) -

Didn't someone once tell you that's why the gods saw fit to grant you a spare?

#5 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

I nearly gave myself a paper cut reaching for a freshly printed document.

#6 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10701 posts) -

man up and stab yourself in the eye. that will make a far better story to tell.

#7 Posted by Netret0120 (3493 posts) -

Good that you're okay Spartan warrior:-)

#8 Posted by plageus900 (2434 posts) -

I'm no stranger to the ER.

In 10th grade, I nearly sliced my entire ear off while fucking around in the woods with my friends. I had to get 15 stitches. In 12th grade, I cut the tips of two of my fingers off in wood shop. They took x-rays and found that not only did I cut the tips off, I fractured both fingers in the process. I had to wear a dressing around both of them for about 4 weeks while they healed. I have nubs now. In the Air Force, I split my head open twice; once on a missile fin and once on the jet. Bled everywhere, had to rush to the ER, etc. Stiches and staples.

#9 Posted by sukraj (27501 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

he looks like a 300 dude innit

#10 Edited by elkoldo (1800 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged: You gave me a big lol my dear countryman.

Oh and, he looks more like Joel if you guys ask me!

#11 Posted by lamprey263 (35008 posts) -

Awww, you're such a handsome feller, and now you can tell chicks you got in a knife fight.

#12 Posted by The_Mancunian (25 posts) -

looks nasty man! close call!

you should totally tell people you wrestled a bear or something ;D

#13 Posted by GTA_dude (18358 posts) -

Lol, thanks everyone for the compliments on my looks. Since the incident alot of people have been staring at me, girls mostly. It's ending up as a scar, but I think I could use it in my favor...

@plageus900 said:
In the Air Force, I split my head open twice; once on a missile fin and once on the jet. Bled everywhere, had to rush to the ER, etc. Stiches and staples.

This one sounds bad, and more on the track of what I'm talking about. A daily activity that almost resulted (Or in your case did) in a trip to the ER. Good thing you made it through, any scars?

#14 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

Huh, you look like me when I grow a beard. Strange.

Anyway, glad you didn't totally **** yourself up, losing an eye would have been too shitty to deal with.

#15 Edited by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

@GTA_dude said:

#16 Posted by GTA_dude (18358 posts) -

Who's that guy?

@GazaAli said:

Huh, you look like me when I grow a beard. Strange.

Anyway, glad you didn't totally **** yourself up, losing an eye would have been too shitty to deal with.

Odds are you are younger then me, so you look like me when you grow a beard lol. But thank you, it probably would have sucked

#18 Posted by plageus900 (2434 posts) -

@GTA_dude said:

Lol, thanks everyone for the compliments on my looks. Since the incident alot of people have been staring at me, girls mostly. It's ending up as a scar, but I think I could use it in my favor...

@plageus900 said:
In the Air Force, I split my head open twice; once on a missile fin and once on the jet. Bled everywhere, had to rush to the ER, etc. Stiches and staples.

This one sounds bad, and more on the track of what I'm talking about. A daily activity that almost resulted (Or in your case did) in a trip to the ER. Good thing you made it through, any scars?

Yes.

#19 Posted by Dogswithguns (11359 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

300 dude.. LOL

#20 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

I assume you proceeded to kick the object into a pit while screaming something about Sparta.

#21 Edited by elkoldo (1800 posts) -

Okay I'm getting tired of this , STOP pretending like he doesn't look like Joel.All of you.

@GTA_dude said: