NBC Deserves its Ratings Hell.... they suck!

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

Horrible olympics (PAST and PRESENT) coverage has finally caught up with them

1) POS Parade of nations coverage.... goal is to condescend other countries...no more Matt Lauer... but now we need to make sure never again Drunk Hoda talk about "Djibouti"

2) Overly romantacizing every opportunity.

3) History of doing Tape Delays...when there is no justifcation (like Rio was the same/similar time zone as USA and most the western hemisphere)

4) Staggering events, here and there, and then jamming commercials like crazy in between

5) Horrible athlete interviewing ... prime example Bode Miller...

https://nypost.com/2014/02/17/emotional-bode-miller-sobs-during-cringe-worthy-interview/

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

LOL America.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

Who watches the Olympics? Other than hockey and basketball, it’s all sports nobody cares about.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 multiplat

@Baconstrip78 said:

Who watches the Olympics? Other than hockey and basketball, it’s all sports nobody cares about.

basketball???? unless u love blowouts.... i watch Medal Round Boxing because they are usually tomorrow's bigname fighters....and all the other combat sports, also Snowboarding and all the X-game type of sports where they fly are totally watchable... now that they got rid of the whole "narly rad mountain dew, howzit" spiel.

Hockey is okay, but there is not enough animosity like u see in NHL

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTR12

@Baconstrip78 said:

Oh right, America is shit in all other sports so "nobody" cares about them.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@GTR12: Do people watch curling, speed skating, or downhill slalom on TV in other countries when the olympics aren’t on? I’m actually curious. Do these sports get airtime anywhere? Even Xgames in this country with snowboarding and ski jumps are extremely niche and get almost no coverage.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

@GTR12: Do people watch curling,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43057789

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12

@Baconstrip78 said:

@GTR12: Do people watch curling, speed skating, or downhill slalom on TV in other countries when the olympics aren’t on? I’m actually curious. Do these sports get airtime anywhere? Even Xgames in this country with snowboarding and ski jumps are extremely niche and get almost no coverage.

The Olympics are a minor event, all the sports have a world cup and world championships, the xgames are shit-tier bottom of the barrel competition.

Go to any of the European countries or even Scandinavian countries and there's lots of fans.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By multiplat

@GTR12 said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

The Olympics are a minor event, all the sports have a world cup and world championships, the xgames are shit-tier bottom of the barrel competition.

Go to any of the European countries or even Scandinavian countries and there's lots of fans.

@GTR12 u of all dweebs could've easily referenced the epic Cathy Freeman olympic moment, when the stadium was rocking.. I'm American, and I recognize that moment as one of the top 10 olympic moments to be watched, due to the scope and weight of it.