NASA to utilize American companies to send astronauts to ISS

• 45 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

For the last couple years NASA has been using private sector entities like SpaceX and Orbital Sciences to send cargo to the International Space Station. Today NASA announced they'll be contracting with both SpaceX and Boeing to send astronauts to the International Space Station, a contract worth $6 billion, which will also include the responsibility of further supplying cargo and important experiment equipment and supplies.

When NASA retired the shuttles years back, NASA has since relied on the Russians to launch American astronauts into space. Not anymore. This plan will phase out all involvement with the Russians entirely by 2017.

The low Earth orbit infrastructure is a big step into further developing commercial space industries in the United States, as well as supporting NASA with bigger more ambitious missions. Such a move is exciting because it's setting the stage for further space missions including using spacecraft like the Orion craft to send astronauts to the Moon, asteroids, and even Mars, moving humans further out into space than ever before.

With further commercialization of space, we might start seeing such stuff like growing space tourism, where your average Joe might get the opportunity to see the earth and stars with their own eyes from low Earth orbit. I'm curious myself what roles these companies might play in a future for asteroid mining.

http://blogs.nasa.gov/bolden/2014/09/16/american-companies-selected-to-return-astronaut-launches-to-american-soil/

Also, I remember reading a while back that the UK is also pushing to set up a commercial space port, to support commercial space industries as well as space tourism. What pioneering times we live in. I wish we could hear exciting news like this more often.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Good, I'd rather give American companies the money instead of the Russian government.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

oh man

catasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By catasaurus
Member since 2011 • 249 Posts

@watchdogsrules:

oh man what?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

As a space nerd, this is seriously exciting!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

This is great news. There is much out there.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Great and all...but how about using that $6.8 Billion to finally build and send a rover of some sort to one of Saturn or Jupiter's moons????

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@airshocker: So you rather support Illuminati corporations and NWO and world banking cartel who run US government instead of supporting a country who is against all that.

Yeah make sense, humanity will get far, real far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@airshocker: So you rather support Illuminati corporations and NWO and world banking cartel who run US government instead of supporting a country who is against all that.

Go back to being quiet. Save everyone the trouble.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet

@airshocker: You stay ignorant, doing well so far :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@airshocker: You stay ignorant, doing well so far :)

You're the one talking about the NWO and the Illuminati. You're in no place to call anyone ignorant with those kinds of ridiculous beliefs.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet

@airshocker: No hope for you. Where have you been living last 50 years mate. Dont want to **** up this thread for people so my last reply. Even bunch of games educate you about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@airshocker: No hope for you. Where have you been living last 50 years mate. Dont want to **** up this thread for people so my last reply. Even bunch of games educate you about it.

i.e. you have no proof.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet

@airshocker: Proof is all around you. all you have to do is ask question and stop watching TV.

Edward Snowden, Asange, FEMA the real government, where Obama takes orders from, 9/11 the inside job, list goes on. But hey no help for the eyes that cannot see, stay asleep sheep.

Maybe listen to some Immortal Technique songs, saves me typing. As i said dont want to ruin this thread, im out. Your ignorance does not deserve any more of my time or anyone with common sense and some brain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@airshocker: Proof is all around you. all you have to do is ask question and stop watching TV

I see no proof. The fact that you aren't actually citing anything specific reinforces my belief that you're out of your mind. Seek professional help.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet

@airshocker: Cause you are fucking ^%*$# Ok, thats why and blind too. Go read and watch about things i wrote or you are scared or ignorant, cant be anything else. **** some people are thick in the head.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@airshocker: Cause you are fucking stupid Ok, thats why and blind too. Go read and watch about things i wrote or you are scared or ignorant, cant be anything else. **** some people are thick in the head.

I'm still waiting on you to show some proof. A youtube video of a song isn't proof of anything. Except that you seem to be too stupid to put your arguments into actual words.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WolfgarTheQuiet

@airshocker: You just dont get it do ya. This is to make you look for yourself. Doesnt all this make you ask questions. or maybe you are just to young and occupied with trend.

Go read, go read, question authority

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet

@Iszdope: Did you even listen to the damn song or just being a douche. Told you if you find my shit boring dont waste your fucking time. Yeah i know you listen to Metal and all, same. Good music is good, no matter what genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@airshocker: You just dont get it do ya. This is to make you look for yourself. Doesnt all this make you ask questions. or maybe you are just to young and occupied with trend.

Go read, go read, question authority

I don't think you actually get it. If you want people to see your point of view, you have to convince them. Nothing you're saying here is convincing me of anything except the fact that you're an idiot. You haven't provided any proof, nor any situations that would make me question anything.

None of that means, however, that I don't question authority. I simply don't believe in crazy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WolfgarTheQuiet: Don't PM me. Post your insane beliefs here for the rest of OT to ridicule.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WolfgarTheQuiet

@lamprey263: Back on topic. It would help so much plus the traveling into space. Many industries, mainly mining and oil could be outsourced to another planet so Earth is not ravaged any more, after all resources will run out at some point.

Still could take long time for an average tourist to go up there haha, It will cost a fair bit. Thanks for sharing

Dazytazy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Dazytazy-
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

Easily this. i agree. US government is illumanti.

I prefer Russia. one of the best country on earth. there are so many proof of illumiati, freemason and 9/11 was inside job, osama bin laden is CIA agent by the name of Tim osman etc. i mean you can watch some documentries on youtube and will see the truth. Vladimir putin (one of the best leader alive today) is against illuminati that is why he is consider bad guy in mainstream media. illuminati is also in hollywood. if you want make world free of corruption, bribery, thieft. we should reunite regrdless of faith, color, nationality, religion. we should all reunite and fight against illuminati.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Anything promoting humanity's expansion in space is good news.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@dazytazy- said:

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

I prefer Russia. one of the best country on earth. there are so many proof of illumiati, freemason and 9/11 was inside job, osama bin laden is CIA agent by the name of Tim osman etc. i mean you can watch some documentries on youtube and will see the truth. Vladimir putin (one of the best leader alive today) is against illuminati that is why he is consider bad guy in mainstream media. illuminati is also in hollywood

+1

Suchagoodidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Suchagoodidea

Hope the American will make this better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Master_Live said:

+1

You should be ashamed of yourself for giving a +1 to any of SNIPER's posts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@dazytazy- said:

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

I prefer Russia. one of the best country on earth. there are so many proof of illumiati, freemason and 9/11 was inside job, osama bin laden is CIA agent by the name of Tim osman etc. i mean you can watch some documentries on youtube and will see the truth. Vladimir putin (one of the best leader alive today) is against illuminati that is why he is consider bad guy in mainstream media. illuminati is also in hollywood. if you want make world free of corruption, bribery, thieft. we should reunite regrdless of faith, color, nationality, religion. we should all reunite and fight against illuminati.

None of that is proof.

And Russia isn't one of the best countries on Earth. Stop watching Russia Today, it's sponsored by their government.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@-inspirational said:

@airshocker said:

None of that is proof.

And Russia isn't one of the best countries on Earth. Stop watching Russia Today, it's sponsored by their government.

coming from sheep like you how irony. Russia >>>>>>>>>> America.

I never seen russia invade other countries for oil. instead i see russia helping other countries.

Mother Russia. one of the best country ever. i dont watch russia today

Oh how ridiculous this entire post is. What did they do with Crimea, then? What are they continuing to do in Eastern Ukraine?

Russia doesn't help other countries. It helps itself. And if it's interests somehow benefit others, which is rare, even better for them.

It doesn't matter if you don't watch RT. That country has it's own state-run propaganda machine. America doesn't. That will always make America better.

You need to stop making alts, SNIPER. No one wants you here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@-inspirational said:

@airshocker said:

@-inspirational said:

@airshocker said:

None of that is proof.

coming from sheep like you how irony. Russia >>>>>>>>>> America.

I never seen russia invade other countries for oil. instead i see russia helping other countries.

Mother Russia. one of the best country ever. i dont watch russia today

Oh how ridiculous this entire post is. What did they do with Crimea, then?

They are defending themselves. and unlike US. they dont bomb civillians instead fight against terrorist of ukraine who are sent by NATO.

DEFENDING themselves? Wow, that's the most ridiculous description I've ever heard of what they're doing. Stealing territory isn't defense.

They've killed plenty of civilians in Ukraine, SNIPER. Or did you forget about that little military action already?

Ukraine isn't even a member of NATO, dummy. Do you have any proof to back up your claims? Anything from a reputable source?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@-inspirational said:

are you talking about israel or russia? i mean earlier stole land not later.

and russia are not stealing but fighting against ukraine terrorist that are supported by NATO. Russia is not bombing ukraine.

Well considering we're talking about Russia, I think it's pretty safe to assume I'm talking about them.

They stole the Crimea, you moron! They forcefully annexed it. Do you not even pay attention to the news? Until you show me some proof to back up your claims, I don't believe a word you say about Ukraine and NATO.

It doesn't matter if they aren't bombing Ukraine, you dolt. They're still killing civilians. You really are stupid.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

@thegerg said:

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@lamprey263: Back on topic. It would help so much plus the traveling into space. Many industries, mainly mining and oil could be outsourced to another planet so Earth is not ravaged any more, after all resources will run out at some point.

Still could take long time for an average tourist to go up there haha, It will cost a fair bit. Thanks for sharing

How, exactly, do you suggest we outsource the oil industry to another planet?

oil industry will be dead in another decade or two

Loading Video...

-inspirational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -inspirational

@airshocker said:

@-inspirational said:

are you talking about israel or russia? i mean earlier stole land not later.

and russia are not stealing but fighting against ukraine terrorist that are supported by NATO. Russia is not bombing ukraine.

Well considering we're talking about Russia, I think it's pretty safe to assume I'm talking about them.

They stole the Crimea, you moron! They forcefully annexed it. Do you not even pay attention to the news? Until you show me some proof to back up your claims, I don't believe a word you say about Ukraine and NATO.

It doesn't matter if they aren't bombing Ukraine, you dolt. They're still killing civilians. You really are stupid.

you hate every country that is not america or their allies or those who dont support them. I dont hate america. there are lot of good americans who oppose thier freemason goverment but most of them are liberals. they are good people

Russia is sane and humane country who dont go around and bombard house. they didnot kill any civillian in ukraine. terrorist did. and they are just protecting people from terrorism.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@-inspirational said:

you hate every country that is not america or their allies or those who dont support them. I dont hate america. there are lot of good americans who oppose thier freemason goverment but most of them are liberals. they are good people

Russia is sane and humane country who dont go around and bombard house. they didnot kill any civillian in ukraine. terrorist did. and they are just protecting people from terrorism.

Stay focused, SNIPER. I know it's hard for you, but this has nothing to do with how I feel towards other countries.

Russia is the furthest thing from humane that you can get. They're an oligarchy in the truest sense of the word. Vladimir Putin is a dictator with a velvet glove. They have killed many civilians in the Ukraine. They illegally annexed a portion of a sovereign nation.

You are delusional if you believe the spin coming from the Kremlin. In fact, you're a scum bag for supporting such tyranny.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 branketra

Disagreeing without resorting to insults and still having strong opinions is possible, folks.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Russia needs to reassess

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@BranKetra: you should ban insults from the thread if you feel it is necessary.

I don't feel that it is though

#davemod2014

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 branketra

@dave123321: That is already against the Code of Conduct. Every member should know what they agreed to when they made an account here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@BranKetra said:

Disagreeing without resorting to insults and still having strong opinions is possible, folks.

Then give me a warning. I won't stop insulting and ridiculing users that are flagrantly breaking the rules and posting insanities, to boot.