My question about being trained into a good basketball player...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JapaneseLeader
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

My question about being trained into a good basketball player...
My height is 5'8

I want to be a good basketball

I feel that my shooting beyond the arc so lame, because I do not have enough strength to toss the ball into the focus of the air when shooting from there, so how can I do to become a good 3-point shooter?

GrandTheftHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GrandTheftHalo
Member since 2004 • 4187 Posts
practice?
Avatar image for Viewtiful-GaMeR
Viewtiful-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Viewtiful-GaMeR
Member since 2005 • 10789 Posts
By practicing?
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JapaneseLeader
I know practice makes it perfect but my concern is that why my arms are not able to toss the ball that high from the arc?
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
I want to be a good basketballJapaneseLeader

Oh, you can be a good basketball. But It'll cost you :|
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
maybe you need to lift wieghts and get your arm strenght up, i can shoot three-pointers all day and make them to
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JapaneseLeader
maybe you need to lift wieghts and get your arm strenght up, i can shoot three-pointers all day and make them to2ndWonder
Look, I can make most of my shots by tossing the in the paint, pretty much like what Tim Duncan does. But shooting beyond the arc requires so much energy, I barely have enough strength to toss the ball that high unless I jump and toss simultaneously.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]maybe you need to lift wieghts and get your arm strenght up, i can shoot three-pointers all day and make them toJapaneseLeader
Look, I can make most of my shots by tossing the in the paint, pretty much like what Tim Duncan does. But shooting beyond the arc requires so much energy, I barely have enough strength to toss the ball that high unless I jump and toss simultaneously.

your shooting technique is wrong then. my 10 year old cousin makes 3 pointer all the time and hes really small, so fix the way you shoot and you should be able to hit those shots.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"]maybe you need to lift wieghts and get your arm strenght up, i can shoot three-pointers all day and make them tobadaboom187

your shooting technique is wrong then. my 10 year old cousin makes 3 pointer all the time and hes really small, so fix the way you shoot and you should be able to hit those shots.

By being a good bball player, do you need to have big palms so that you can handle the ball well?? and why some NBA players are able to shoot by jumping to the mid-air, and then releasing the ball from their hands? When I jump to the air, my arms barely have strength to release the ball that high.
Avatar image for Viewtiful-GaMeR
Viewtiful-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Viewtiful-GaMeR
Member since 2005 • 10789 Posts
Start from close range to get the hang of it.Then do the exact same thing from behind the 3 point line.

And like someone said before,lift weights.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JapaneseLeader
Start from close range to get the hang of it.Then do the exact same thing from behind the 3 point line.

And like someone said before,lift weights.
Viewtiful-GaMeR
r u saying if you are unable to release certain mass of energy from your hands, you will be unable to be good at hitting beyond the arc?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kitty  Moderator
well all i gotta say is practice, keep trying one day you get the hang of it and maybe the strengh to shoot from there, also some ppl can't shoot from there very good, dont know why, you could be one of them, who knows just keep training and you'll get the hang of it
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JapaneseLeader
well all i gotta say is practice, keep trying one day you get the hang of it and maybe the strengh to shoot from there, also some ppl can't shoot from there very good, dont know why, you could be one of them, who knows just keep training and you'll get the hang of it2ndWonder
But you know what, I was surprised when I found out that I was able to run and shoot on the mid-range spot with great shooting percentages.
DatsClownin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DatsClownin
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
Only 5-8? Make your kneegrow
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JapaneseLeader
Only 5-8? Make your kneegrowDatsClownin
I was born in the beginning of 1984, turning 23 in a few days. Is it possible for me to grow a few more inches by playing bball an hour per day?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kitty  Moderator

hey, i'm a big guy, i'm not even supposed to be shooting three's, if you looked at me you would expect me to be dunking on ppl all the time, you wouldnt expect me to ever shoot a three, but i do and i have a very high percentage 43% percent to be exact, i practiced at three's for a very long time, yes i had your problem at one point but, i practiced shooting two pointers and started to move back once i got the hang of a certain spot, you gotta do the same

DatsClownin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DatsClownin
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
whatever, it's all luck whether or not it goes into the rim. it's pathetic, the NBA is willing to pay people millions to play chance with a basket
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JapaneseLeader

hey, i'm a big guy, i'm not even supposed to be shooting three's, if you looked at me you would expect me to be dunking on ppl all the time, you wouldnt expect me to ever shoot a three, but i do and i have a very high percentage 43% percent to be exact, i practiced at three's for a very long time, yes i had your problem at one point but, i practiced shooting two pointers and started to move back once i got the hang of a certain spot, you gotta do the same

2ndWonder
First of all, how old are you and how tall are you? Secondly, big guys should have easy times at shooting threes considering their arms have more strength at being able to toss the ball higher.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JapaneseLeader
whatever, it's all luck whether or not it goes into the rim. it's pathetic, the NBA is willing to pay people millions to play chance with a basketDatsClownin
are you saying that NBA is more willing to pay to the players who like to show some gimmicks rather than paying to the players who work hard?
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
Jump when you shoot, it gives your shot more lift and arc. Also, your shooting technique might be wrong. Ask someone to teach you the proper mechanics to shoot.
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 familyguy77

whatever, it's all luck whether or not it goes into the rim. it's pathetic, the NBA is willing to pay people millions to play chance with a basketDatsClownin

Not really:| You have to have technique, why do you think they have basketball coaches? I assure you, Michael Jordan didn't score all those points and make all those shots by "luck".

JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JapaneseLeader

[QUOTE="DatsClownin"]whatever, it's all luck whether or not it goes into the rim. it's pathetic, the NBA is willing to pay people millions to play chance with a basketfamilyguy77

Not really:| You have to have technique, why do you think they have basketball coaches? I assure you, Michael Jordan didn't score all those points and make all those shots by "luck".

I understand, many NBA stars do have good basic knowledges at shootings, however, one thing that seems so ironic to me is that how come some NBA players are able to shoot beyond the arc with their arms? I always inhale the fresh air before I release the ball.
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 familyguy77
[QUOTE="familyguy77"]

[QUOTE="DatsClownin"]whatever, it's all luck whether or not it goes into the rim. it's pathetic, the NBA is willing to pay people millions to play chance with a basketJapaneseLeader

I understand, many NBA stars do have good basic knowledges at shootings, however, one thing that seems so ironic to me is that how come some NBA players are able to shoot beyond the arc with their arms? I always inhale the fresh air before I release the ball.

It all has to do with technique and mechanics, and you gotta have a little bit of arm strength too(But not much. ) Your probly just not shooting it right. Do you jump when you shoot? Do you follow through? You can get someone to teach you how to shoot the proper way if you know anyone that's good at basketball.

JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JapaneseLeader
When shooting three, I jump and release the ball from my arms at the same time Is the the perfect way to go?
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 familyguy77

When shooting three, I jump and release the ball from my arms at the same time Is the the perfect way to go?JapaneseLeader

Release the ball at the top of your jump, and make sure your follow through is good.

JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JapaneseLeader

[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]When shooting three, I jump and release the ball from my arms at the same time Is the the perfect way to go?familyguy77

Release the ball at the top of your jump, and make sure your follow through is good.

Would you recommend a person to release the ball when inhaling the air or exhailing?
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

I was once the 2nd best player in my state...and 3rd best in the country (Australia) (for my age 13)

It takes alot out of ya to be really good..........i used to train at least 3 hours each day.............

But i guess if you wanna do it good luck to ya8)

BaconBallz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BaconBallz1337
Member since 2006 • 3017 Posts
Maybe build up muscle strength. Use Medicine balls. Trust me, I'm a good basketball player. Works like a charm everytime. Practive doing chest passes to your teamates it a drill of your own.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JapaneseLeader
Maybe build up muscle strength. Use Medicine balls. Trust me, I'm a good basketball player. Works like a charm everytime. Practive doing chest passes to your teamates it a drill of your own.BaconBallz1337
Do you think doing pus-ups everyday will increase your accuracy of shooting threes?