My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

So who else here watches Friendship is Magic? The Executive Producer, Lauren Faust, who has previously done work on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Powerpuff Girls, and The Iron Giant, has taken a vapid and sacharine series, and re-booted it as as brilliant and hilarious cartoon.

So, who here enjoys the show? At the same time, whom here who likes cartoons can give an honest reason that they wouldn't want to try watching it, other than "It's My Little Pony"?

Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

It's not the best show ever like many people claim it is, but it's pretty good.

PrinnyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PrinnyChan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I've watched a few episodes. It's rather epic in my opinion. Anyone that wants to hate on it isn't my friend :'(
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I've seen a few episodes, I find it enjoyable and I actually like it.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Oh, so that's why I've seen My Little Pony images pop up all over the internet recently.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tylendal
Oh, so that's why I've seen My Little Pony images pop up all over the internet recently. JML897
If you like cartoons like Fairly Odd-Parents or Spongebob, you'll probably like Friendship is Magic. If not, then feel free to move along.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

**** yeah, best show in years. I was a full-fledged brony after only one episode.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Found it surprisingly good for a modern US cartoon.

Also, speaking as an anime person this feels sooo much like a moe anime (though allot better then most moe anime

except with cute school girls replaced with cute ponies

vs

Heck, look at the characters humanfied

PrinnyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PrinnyChan
Hmph... That picture isn't totally right. Fluttershy should be the cutest just like in Pony Form.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

i liked avatar even tho it was targeted for children. Think i would like this too?

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tylendal

i liked avatar even tho it was targeted for children. Think i would like this too?

halokillerz
A lot less serious than Avatar, but maybe. If you like comedy.
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
I don't watch it but's it's a lot of fun trolling people with it
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GabuEx

I don't watch it but's it's a lot of fun trolling people with itberserker2389

You're not representing the element of kindness very well. :(

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts

[QUOTE="berserker2389"]I don't watch it but's it's a lot of fun trolling people with itGabuEx

I'm sorry...
strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

who knew horses can be adorable

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="berserker2389"]I don't watch it but's it's a lot of fun trolling people with itberserker2389

I'm sorry...

You'd better be, or else I'll love and tolerate the **** out of you. :x

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

I watched a Criminal Minds marathon, and I think I probably watched too much because I had a crazy dream with murderers and axes and abandoned warehouses...

So when I woke up I found five episodes of My Little Pony playing back to back, basically I thought I could use something happy to recover :P After watching it I was hooked.

The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

I've only seen one episode, it was about the ponies having to share apples with buffalo, it was pretty good.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
At first I thought it was just some trolling scheme. Whether it was or wasn't, I got hooked on that show.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tylendal
At first I thought it was just some trolling scheme. Whether it was or wasn't, I got hooked on that show.MistressMinako
I never noticed the trolling aspect, I just noticed a huge increase in MLP images and fan-art. I just assumed that a new generation had come out, and various childhood MLP fans were coming out of the woodwork. However, it never went away, and finally a friend told me to watch it.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#21 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I watched the first episode on Youtube a while back after reading the Neogaf thread (a really, really disturbing thread). Typical children's pablum. I don't understand why anyone my age would continue to watch it, let alone praise it.
Vivec93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vivec93

I watched the first episode on Youtube a while back after reading the Neogaf thread (a really, really disturbing thread). Typical children's pablum. I don't understand why anyone my age would continue to watch it, let alone praise it.DJ_Lae

Episode one and two aren't the best in the series. I would recommend watching episode three or four.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tylendal
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I watched the first episode on Youtube a while back after reading the Neogaf thread (a really, really disturbing thread). Typical children's pablum. I don't understand why anyone my age would continue to watch it, let alone praise it.

The question is though, do you enjoy any sort of cartoons? Pablum is defined as bland and insipid, and Friendship is Magic is anything but.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GabuEx

I watched the first episode on Youtube a while back after reading the Neogaf thread (a really, really disturbing thread). Typical children's pablum. I don't understand why anyone my age would continue to watch it, let alone praise it.DJ_Lae

It's cute, charming, fun, and wholesome.

Seems straightforward to me. :P

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I watched the first episode and thought it was okay, don't really feel like continuing watching it though.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#26 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I watched the first episode on Youtube a while back after reading the Neogaf thread (a really, really disturbing thread). Typical children's pablum. I don't understand why anyone my age would continue to watch it, let alone praise it.GabuEx

I guess I could always try and watch another episode and claim that its' for the benefit of my 15 month old daughter.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tylendal
I watched the first episode and thought it was okay, don't really feel like continuing watching it though.Lonelynight
Try episode 7. Episodes 1&2 are very different from the rest of the series.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I watched the first episode on Youtube a while back after reading the Neogaf thread (a really, really disturbing thread). Typical children's pablum. I don't understand why anyone my age would continue to watch it, let alone praise it.DJ_Lae

I guess I could always try and watch another episode and claim that its' for the benefit of my 15 month old daughter.

I would certainly recommend, as others have, that you skip to episode 3 - episodes 1 and 2 (the pilots) definitely do contain more fluff than other episodes.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tylendal

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

GabuEx

I would certainly recommend, as others have, that you skip to episode 3 - episodes 1 and 2 (the pilots) definitely do contain more fluff than other episodes.

Not to mention they're a completely different flavour. They're meant to be a "Magical Girls" sort of thing, like Sailor Moon. Hasbro told Lauren Faust that they didn't want that though, which I kind of agree with. Wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was just the mane six defeating the baddy of the week with their rainbow magic friendship stuff. Much more entertaining to watch Rainbow-Dash's crippling self doubt.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"] I guess I could always try and watch another episode and claim that its' for the benefit of my 15 month old daughter.Tylendal

Not to mention they're a completely different flavour. They're meant to be a "Magical Girls" sort of thing, like Sailor Moon. Hasbro told Lauren Faust that they didn't want that though, which I kind of agree with. Wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was just the mane six defeating the baddy of the week with their rainbow magic friendship stuff. Much more entertaining to watch Rainbow-Dash's crippling self doubt.

And the triumph when she achieved sonic rainboom brought manly tears to my eyes. :cry:

noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

its not shown in the UK :cry:

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I was tired as hell one night and turned on treehouse(I watch it on a semi-regular basis. Most of the stuff they have on there is creepy as hell though) and this was on. Being a kid of the 90s who played with the original plastic ponies, including the dangerously cute baby ponies, I was intrigued, and shortly after, sorely disappointed. I mean I know this whole teenage-to-twentysomething-guys-love-MLP is just a big joke, but seriously, that show is horrible. They're not even cute, they're just annoying. It's nothing like the original ponies or the original cartoon at all.
Vampireofficer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vampireofficer
Member since 2011 • 77 Posts
That show is like god to me.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Nah, not really my cup of tea. A big old rainbow salute to feminism, LGBT rights and ponies in general, but I don't see myself buying into the hype.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
I quite like the show for some reason or another (no trolling) I don't know how or why, maybe it's the psychedelic colors.
Nah, not really my cup of tea. A big old rainbow salute toGBT rights jimmyjammer69
Care to elaborate further on this? O.o
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

I quite like the show for some reason or another (no trolling) I don't know how or why, maybe it's the psychedelic colors. [QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Nah, not really my cup of tea. A big old rainbow salute to feminism, LGBT rights and ponies in general, but I don't see myself buying into the hype. Baconbits2004
Care to elaborate further on this? O.o

If I'm misinterpreting the makers' intentions, then my apologies to all fans who don't want to be tarred with that brush - I haven't watched much to tell the truth, but I assumed its rainbow associations were a given.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts
Heard the hype, might check it out sometime soon
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
I used to watch the old school one.
PrinnyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PrinnyChan
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I was tired as hell one night and turned on treehouse(I watch it on a semi-regular basis. Most of the stuff they have on there is creepy as hell though) and this was on. Being a kid of the 90s who played with the original plastic ponies, including the dangerously cute baby ponies, I was intrigued, and shortly after, sorely disappointed. I mean I know this whole teenage-to-twentysomething-guys-love-MLP is just a big joke, but seriously, that show is horrible. They're not even cute, they're just annoying. It's nothing like the original ponies or the original cartoon at all.

:'( Are you saying Fluttershy isn't cute? I liked your growlithe avatar, but you're not being very nice
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
I don't watch it, it's not my thing. Besides, most of the people who watch it are males who are most likely in their 20s :lol:
PrinnyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PrinnyChan
I don't watch it, it's not my thing. Besides, most of the people who watch it are males who are most likely in their 20s :lol:tekken220
So are you insulting me? I'm 20 I've watched it and I like it. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="tekken220"]I don't watch it, it's not my thing. Besides, most of the people who watch it are males who are most likely in their 20s :lol:PrinnyChan
So are you insulting me? I'm 20 I've watched it and I like it. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.

I'm not insulting the fan base, it's just that the fans makes me think that the show is the American counterpart of moe anime (which is somthing I hate)
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

If I'm misinterpreting the makers' intentions, then my apologies to all fans who don't want to be tarred with that brush - I haven't watched much to tell the truth, but I assumed its rainbow associations were a given.

jimmyjammer69

Oh, never crossed my mind.

I just always figured they added rainbows to it in order to appeal to little girls.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MistressMinako
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]At first I thought it was just some trolling scheme. Whether it was or wasn't, I got hooked on that show.Tylendal
I never noticed the trolling aspect, I just noticed a huge increase in MLP images and fan-art. I just assumed that a new generation had come out, and various childhood MLP fans were coming out of the woodwork. However, it never went away, and finally a friend told me to watch it.

Yeah, trolling was the first thing that came into my mind because most of the people who were posting it were like in their 20s so to some people... liking a freshly new cartoon that is aimed at little girls is not a normal thing so that's why I thought it was trolling at first. Hell, I am 23 and still love watching cartoons/anime/animation in general and I don't really care who knows about it so they might be just like me. :P
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

I don't think I would ever admit it IRL, but I love this show.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
i have only seen the animated gifs and pictures here at gamespot, i know nothing about it....
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="MistressMinako"]At first I thought it was just some trolling scheme. Whether it was or wasn't, I got hooked on that show.MistressMinako

Yeah, trolling was the first thing that came into my mind because most of the people who were posting it were like in their 20s so to some people... liking a freshly new cartoon that is aimed at little girls is not a normal thing so that's why I thought it was trolling at first. Hell, I am 23 and still love watching cartoons/anime/animation in general and I don't really care who knows about it so they might be just like me. :P

late 20's with a duck dodgers sig, problem?
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MistressMinako
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"][QUOTE="Tylendal"] I never noticed the trolling aspect, I just noticed a huge increase in MLP images and fan-art. I just assumed that a new generation had come out, and various childhood MLP fans were coming out of the woodwork. However, it never went away, and finally a friend told me to watch it.surrealnumber5

Yes. You are supposed to be watching Perry Mason and M.A.S.H.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="MistressMinako"] Yeah, trolling was the first thing that came into my mind because most of the people who were posting it were like in their 20s so to some people... liking a freshly new cartoon that is aimed at little girls is not a normal thing so that's why I thought it was trolling at first. Hell, I am 23 and still love watching cartoons/anime/animation in general and I don't really care who knows about it so they might be just like me. :PMistressMinako

Yes. You are supposed to be watching Perry Mason and M.A.S.H.

i saw ever episode of mash 100 times already back in the 90's when it came on fox 5 12-1am before the simpsons at 130, perry is hawt i do need more of him in my life....
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I'm dying my hair rainbow colored. :0 I love that show.