Muslims believe in evolution pre-dates Darwin! :O

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

The Muslim scientists ibn Kathir, ibn Khauldun, ibn Arabi, ibn Sina, among other scientists, such as the Ikhwan school of thought, arrived at the same conclusions as Darwin with a convincing amount of evidence. Some westerners, including Darwins contemporary, Sir William Draper, called it the Mohammedan Theory of Evolution.

The Mutazili scientist and philosopher al-Jahiz (c. 776-869) was the first of the Muslim biologists and philosophers to develop an early theory of evolution. He speculated on the influence of the environment on animals, considered the effects of the environment on the likelihood of an animal to survive, and first described the struggle for existence and an early theory on natural selection. Al-Jahiz wrote the following on the struggle for existence:

"Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."

There are clearly things which are simply argument by analogy. For instance: coral has branches like a tree; the date palm does not wither if all its branches are chopped but it dies when the head is cut off so its like an animal. And through such analogy they link minerals to plants to animals.

In fact, Hamidullahs summary reads something like a Great Chain of Being which was associated with commoners earlier while al-Jahizs description reminds of natural selection.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1712098

Isn't this contrary to the popular belief that religion is anti-evolution? Or there are other religions that accept evolution?

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

I think most people believe in evoltuion with religious beliefs.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

The_Lipscomb

just today, or even before Darwin?

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

Mystery_Writer

just today, or even before Darwin?

I would think more so today. I don't have no idea though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Darwin wasn't the first person to come up with the idea of evolution. Who claims he was (other than the uneducated)?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

We muslims believe in different type of Evolution. for example back than humans were far more taller. but its all lies that we were monkeys. pure lie.SNIPER4321
Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. 

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. SNIPER4321
No and you know there are lot of Doctors. highly trained doctors debunk the theories of Evolution. its fake, lie. and even darwin was first person or not. He was freemason agent. He spread lies and lies. evolution theory is debunked. it proove to be false but u ppls will still believe it.

lol
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
and yet the religion itself and 90% of its followers are anti-evolution. talk to muslims, see what they think
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BossPerson
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. SNIPER4321
No and you know there are lot of Doctors. highly trained doctors debunk the theories of Evolution. its fake, lie. and even darwin was first person or not. He was freemason agent. He spread lies and lies. evolution theory is debunked. it proove to be false but u ppls will still believe it.

you belong in a mental institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

The vast majority of doctors and scientists believe in evolution. 

There is tons of evidence to support it and you have none to prove any other idea. 

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BossPerson
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]We muslims believe in different type of Evolution. for example back than humans were far more taller. but its all lies that we were monkeys. pure lie.

and they also lived to be 500 years old, right? mashallah
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BossPerson
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. SNIPER4321
you mean those who are paid agents?

who pays them?
Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts

Guys, SNIPER4321 is obviously not a Muslim. I've seen him in OT for years. He's just trolling

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. BossPerson

you belong in a mental institution

Or a spelling and grammar course

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. SNIPER4321

Muhammad was a paid agent and one of the founders of the Illuminati. 

I have as much evidence to support that claim as you have to support yours.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib

http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articlesSNIPER4321

no thanks

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articlesSNIPER4321

no thanks

harun yahya is very intelligent creationism. watch some of his videos. maybe your eyes will open.

No thanks

Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

Guys, SNIPER4321 is obviously not a Muslim. I've seen him in OT for years. He's just trolling

SNIPER4321
all i did in OT here is to defend muslims and deny the theory of Evolution. and how is it trolling? I only link to other usefull sites. so they are also trolls?

Stop trolling. I know you're not a Muslim, as I've frequented this site for many years and don't remember you ever even participating in a thread pertinent about Islam, let alone "defending" the religion
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

i'ma toss sniper in the troll category

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

stop posting

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

well classically speaking the arab cultures of the past were forward thinking and came up with stunning scientific, mathematical  and intellectual discoveries that are still used to this day.

then they got caught up in fundamentalist  religion.

what a shame.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wis3boi

well classically speaking the arab cultures of the past were forward thinking and came up with stunning scientific, mathematical  and intellectual discoveries that are still used to this day.

what a shame.

Riverwolf007

Ah, the 1100s...when numbers became the devil. Good times....

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Darwin wasn't the first person to come up with the idea of evolution. Who claims he was (other than the uneducated)?

toast_burner

This is correct. Darwin simply described in great detail observations of evolution. He wasn't the first to propose the theory.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

what a shame.

wis3boi

Ah, the 1100s...when numbers became the devil. Good times....

it is really a valuable lesson in what religion can do to your society.

for centuries in europe  if you wanted to learn about science you looked to the east.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

We muslimsSNIPER4321
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wis3boi

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]We muslimsTeenaged

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts
I've heard about a "Golden Age" of Arab scientists, never heard about this line of specific scientific inquiry but that's worth knowing nonetheless. I've heard though that things like mathematics, physics, and optics have predated western rediscovery by centuries. I also heard that as far as early Western literature went, the Arabs were very interested in preserving early texts and they extensively worked to translate the texts from and to numerous languages, said to have laid the foundation for cultural renaissance in Europe centuries later. While I think much of the West is ignorant of the contributions of early Arab scholars, I think it could be a very telling tale of how it came to be that the progress of mankind's scientific inquiry being thwarted by whatever it was that would undue this progress by centuries. Was it war? Was it strict dogmatic religious theology or pervasive anti-intellectualism? Was it a lack of interest from societies to preserve and progress these scientific pursuits? And can we draw similarities today with aspects of our own societies that threaten to repeat this all over again?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#36 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. BossPerson

who pays them?

oh you know, all those evil people. the freemasons, the zionists, lawyers , infomercial producers.... all those people who have been running the world since 8000BC (when they first arrived from the planet Krypton)
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BossPerson
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"] you mean those who are paid agents?

who pays them?

oh you know, all those evil people. the freemasons, the zionists, lawyers , infomercial producers.... all those people who have been running the world since 8000BC (when they first arrived from the planet Krypton)

i think the rothschilds fit in there somewhere too abstergo as well

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articlesSNIPER4321

no thanks

harun yahya is very intelligent creationism. watch some of his videos. maybe your eyes will open.

If by intelligent you manipulative liar, then yes I agree.
quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

lolatsniperposts.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]who pays them? BossPerson

Im wondering where he is actually from.
Retro_Future

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Retro_Future
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="wis3boi"] oh you know, all those evil people. the freemasons, the zionists, lawyers , infomercial producers.... all those people who have been running the world since 8000BC (when they first arrived from the planet Krypton)Darkman2007

Im wondering where he is actually from.

Rothschilds are from Mars.

Rockefellers are from Venus. 

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

Nayef_shroof
Sniper4321 trolls ever sub-forum on this site. Its pretty obvious.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

NEWMAHAY

so many union bans :P

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
Darwin's theory of evolution predates Darwin.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] you mean those who are paid agents?SNIPER4321

Muhammad was a paid agent and one of the founders of the Illuminati. 

I have as much evidence to support that claim as you have to support yours.

0.1/10 just because you try there was no illuminati back than try harder Hadith - Bukhari 9.241, Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar Allah's Apostle stood up amongst the people and then praised and glorified Allah as He deserved and then he mentioned Ad-Dajjal, saying, "I warn you of him, and there was no prophet but warned his followers of him; but I will tell you something about him which no prophet has told his followers: Ad-Dajjal is one-eyed whereas Allah is not."

Muhammad jihad

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wis3boi

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

SNIPER4321

let me clear it. i troll sw. unions but i dont troll here i post links from other sites and if u call me troll than u are not only calling me but also intelligent ppls who made sites.

I lost IQ trying to decipher this

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Any religion that accepts change as a constant in the Universe would have no problem figuring out evolution or something similar. It's only crazy christians who believe God made us perfect in his image and that human are superior beings that stick to that moronic misunderstanding.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
 That's some mighty nice science you got there Baghdad, would be a shame if something were to happen to it.