deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Do you have any mundane obsessions? I have quite a few like if I find anything mostly in my attic I always like to see if there's a year on it. I also like to use the wayback machine and look at what old websites looked liked and sometimes I will watch late 90's to early 00's commercials on YT for nostalgia.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Not exactly obsessions... more compulsions: I can't stop myself making up plausible sounding space wizard names. Reached a peak a few months ago, with a couple of hundred a day. No idea why. It's slowed down since I cut down on smoking ....

Had another one when I was little - I used to repeat sentences backwards, reversing all the words and their order. Kind of freaked my family out, which is probably the reason I did it so much.

Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary really.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Does being in sync with timing as much as possible count? I do things a certain number of times. I try to guess how long a task or action will take and make adjustments as far as what will be needed in the efficiency and time management categories. Having not checked the time in hours I try to guess it to the tee. I try to predict within milliseconds how something will happen. Most of the time I'm too lazy to change it. But every once in a while I will catch something before it hits the ground.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@DEVILinIRON said:

Does being in sync with timing as much as possible count? I do things a certain number of times. I try to guess how long a task or action will take and make adjustments as far as what will be needed in the efficiency and time management categories. Having not checked the time in hours I try to guess it to the tee. I try to predict within milliseconds how something will happen. Most of the time I'm too lazy to change it. But every once in a while I will catch something before it hits the ground.

Sure does I kinda of do that too but don't even notice that I'm doing it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Hmmmm…there’s a lot I could add to this topic about myself if I truly thought about it. But, one thing that comes to mind is that I’m huge on having a routine if that adds anything to this topic? Keeps me grounded and focused I guess you could say when trying to get through day-to-day life?

Also, I do enjoy feeling nostalgic.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I smell a lot. Sometimes if I smell something in the wind I will start acting like a dog and sniffing around until I find the direction it came from, then I hunt it down. I've got a good sense of taste and I think sense of smell is really tied into that so I've sort of gotten good at it.

It's really weird so I try not to do it around strangers, but just ask my family lol. I tend to smell things earlier than most...it's almost like....like....I'm a superhero! THE SMELLER!

Not sure if that counts but I mean if you're breathing you're smelling so I think the act of smelling is sort of mundane...I just obsess over it haha.

@sancho_panzer said:

Not exactly obsessions... more compulsions: I can't stop myself making up plausible sounding space wizard names. Reached a peak a few months ago, with a couple of hundred a day...

Could you share some of the names? You don't have to if you don't want to.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@mrbojangles25:Never. I'd feel beyond stupid typing them out, lol. In person, though, I'd happily recite them for you all day.

I mean, I got really into it. There's a whole phonetic system that goes with the game. Like, the letter L is funny as **** when used in second position, so it's reserved for the most powerful castes, and can only be used sparingly, you know - to retain its punch... Each has to have a first name and surname and they have to be fired off aloud in quick succession, in bursts of ten or so. If a name sounds like it might be a repeat, then the game's over, to keep things original. If I'm being honest, I'm actually kind of superstitious about writing them down now, since that's a form of repetition. XD

It's dumb as anything, I know, but it really amused me during lockdown... to the point that it became a totally involuntary reflex thing. I genuinely worry I'm going to start doing it in public one day.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Not sure if this counts but it's definitely mundane. I like to browse different styles of knitting techniques, copy and paste the text and image into a well known Microsoft app then modify the text obsessively.

I also can't eat or drink until it's a specific time (weird eh..?). Think this has to do with me loosing all my body fat and going down to 6 stone when I had all my teeth pulled. I was on protein shakes for over a year and was unable to drink water as I felt sick and full all the time. Think my mind broke back then. Not really recovered since.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

@Peasly: Here's to recovery!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Peasly said:

Not sure if this counts but it's definitely mundane. I like to browse different styles of knitting techniques, copy and paste the text and image into a well known Microsoft app then modify the text obsessively.

I also can't eat or drink until it's a specific time (weird eh..?). Think this has to do with me loosing all my body fat and going down to 6 stone when I had all my teeth pulled. I was on protein shakes for over a year and was unable to drink water as I felt sick and full all the time. Think my mind broke back then. Not really recovered since.

Know the feeling mine broke 20 years ago.