mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Is anyone else really enjoying this show?

I was really caught off guard by how much I am enjoying it. Granted, I don't think I am (near-40 adult white male) really the target demographic as it is a show that seems to be for teens and folks addicted to social media, but I am finding it really interesting.

The main core group of actors (Kamala, her two friends, and her family) are really great in my opinion. While I was initially expecting a really "woke" show about Muslims and stuff, it's been more informative and educational than preachy and I am really enjoying the insights into another culture.

The superhero aspect is great, and I think the pacing is really good as well. It doles out just enough of the superhero stuff to be entertaining but not so much it feels over the top.

I gotta say, I found Ms Marvel as surprisingly entertaining as I found Kenobi surprisingly disappointing.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

I want to watch it, add the song Blinding Lights to the advertisement for it and you have my interest. I can’t justify paying for Dis+ currently though. Especially since I have other paid for entertainment which I can partake in.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

its been good. love the art design to.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@mrbojangles25: It's a cute show. Only seen the first two episodes, but it's not bad.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
@firedrakes said:

Yes I believe one of the people involved was like "We want to make live action 'Into the Spiderverse'" and they got the go ahead. Lot's of neat artistic expression in it.

@hallenbeck77 said:

@mrbojangles25: It's a cute show. Only seen the first two episodes, but it's not bad.

It really is.

I'd probably act like her too if I found out I had powers I could not really explain lol. Just sort of fumbling about.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@firedrakes said:

Yes I believe one of the people involved was like "We want to make live action 'Into the Spiderverse'" and they got the go ahead. Lot's of neat artistic expression in it.

@hallenbeck77 said:

It really is.

I'd probably act like her too if I found out I had powers I could not really explain lol. Just sort of fumbling about.

oh yeah. if you slow down or such. tons of little Easter eggs or homages

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24978 Posts

Its trash like anything marvel related not named Daredevil or Punisher.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Which are the worst episodes, in your opinion? Assuming you watched it.

I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been fatigued over Marvel lately. I haven't even finished Moon Knight because I kinda lost interest half way through it, and I haven't watched the Doctor Strange sequel yet either.

I'll get around to catching up.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25

@jaydan said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Which are the worst episodes, in your opinion? Assuming you watched it.

I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been fatigued over Marvel lately. I haven't even finished Moon Knight because I kinda lost interest half way through it, and I haven't watched the Doctor Strange sequel yet either.

I'll get around to catching up.

I've been disappointed in Marvel films of late, but the shows have been pretty good.

This is much better than Moon Knight, I'd argue.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

@mrbojangles25: The last Spider-Man was really good, exceeded my expectations.

I liked Shang-Chi and honestly I liked Eternals much more than the reviews suggested.

It's really not that some of the recent output has been better or worse than the rest of the MCU, but I've just been fatigued. I'll bounce back, though. I may go for Doctor Strange this weekend now that it's on D+.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

@jaydan: Yeah I'm not trying to be a hater (I did enjoy just about everything) on Marvel, I just get a bit fatigued and if a Marvel movie doesn't really blow me away I'm just like "meh". Not so much that I dislike it, it just doesn't do much for me.

I think that's why I like Ms Marvel so much, it's refreshing. Neat art direction, likeable characters that are nerdy, and [thus far] lower stakes. It can seem a bit underwhelming given how the last few movies were all literally about saving the world, but I think it's kind of nice.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

It's fine. I don't get all the hate. It's more entertaining than Moon Knight was so there's that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24978 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

It's fine. I don't get all the hate. It's more entertaining than Moon Knight was so there's that.

Moon knight was better by far. oscar issac perfomance nailed as 2 different characters he played.

although no marvel series is even a shadow of Daredevil. it was masterpiece. now marvel making shit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
@ghosts4ever said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Moon knight was better by far. oscar issac perfomance nailed as 2 different characters he played.

although no marvel series is even a shadow of Daredevil. it was masterpiece. now marvel making shit.

Yeah I'm sad we didn't get one more season of Daredevil and one more out of The Punisher from Netflix.

I wouldn't say Marvel is making shit right now though, it's still entertaining, incorporates a lot of stuff from comics, and ties things together fairly well.

Really curious where everything is going right now, what the tie-ins are going to be. I mean everything in Phase 1-whatever was ultimately about Avengers and Thanos, not really sure where things are going now it does seem kind of scattered. But between the heavy emphasis on magic, religious tie-ins, the ten rings...I don't know.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Moon Knight was boring. Hated his accent as well. Just wanted to punch him when he opened up his mouth. So no, not better.

Daredevil was great though. I don't think Disney will be as good with the property though. Love dark and gritty.