Movies that you changed your view on over time?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Is there any movies that you changed your opinion on over the years after seeing it a second time?

For me I use to be a fan of the Fast and Furious movies. Ever since the 6th one it's all the same and I just can't stand how over the top the series has become. Back in 2009 when I saw Fast and Furious 4 I found it boring and to slow place but now it's one of my favorite movies in the series. I appreciate this movie alot more for being grounded and having all the original characters only. It's a much better movie IMO then any of the new ones since 6 easily.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Blade Runner. When I first watched it, I was put off by its obsolete special effects. I appreciated the movie a lot more in subsequent viewing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

When I first watched Conan The Barbarian I thought it was really boring with not enough action. Then when you get abit older and learn what it's really about and what they were aiming for you start to appreciate it. It's one of those movies that people think is another dumb arnie movie, but actually has quite a lot more going on.

There's also a complete lack of CGI that has made most fantasy movies (including LOTR) age quite poorly in places, and it was designed to be like a opera where the music emotes rather than the characters, having one of the best soundtracks of all time doesn't hurt.

Loading Video...

Def went from "what is this shit?" to one my fav movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

When I was a teenager and LotR Fellowship of the Ring came out. At first I was really interested in it, and promotional stuff for the film got me kind of psyched up for it. My Dad went with me and we watched it. And idk, for some reason the movie just didn't interest me as much as I thought it would at that time. I never ended up watching the other two then.

Well, many years later I ended up watching it over again, along with the sequels, and we're talking the full-length versions. And, I really liked all of them.

I guess when I was younger I had this idea of what a high fantasy world was like, and the movie wasn't matching up to my expectations of it....which is weird, considering that Tolkien was a huge influence on the genre. But I think maybe another thing that negatively impacted my opinion of Middle-Earth was that I only saw the first part of the story. And being younger, one and two years is a long wait for a teenager, so it seemed like it would have been forever until I could see the next part. I lost interest quicker than the movies could come out.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

These days, if I like a movie, I generally will always like it. It is disappointing when you re-watch a movie from your childhood and don't enjoy it as much anymore. (Nostalgia can really let you down.) But here's a few from my childhood, all animated:

Firstly, Toy Story 2. I used to watch that all the time as a kid. (Maybe because it was the only VHS we had out of that particular series.) But, as I've gotten older I've realised that 2 is the weakest movie for me, and I enjoy 1 & 3 much more. (Still haven't seen 4.)

The same thing goes for Shrek. I think I remember enjoying the original as a kid as that was the only one out. But upon watching the sequels I actually put the first film as my least favourite. (3 being my favourite.)

Finding Nemo, is one that I remember liking growing up, but I don't care for it these days. I was let down by Finding Dory too. It didn't feel like a true sequel.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Moonraker. One of the first Bond movies I remember watching, and thought it was great. Saw it again in college and WOW is it bad. Practically a cartoon.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@judaspete: That's how I feel about most of the Bond movies.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. Loved the movie when I was a kid, now its my least liked of the 3 original Indiana Jones movie. Never finished the 4th movie so I can't comment on that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@uninspiredcup: straight up, dude. Conan is great. Lot of fans of it at my work. We listen to the soundtrack all the time, and have transitioned from "god dammits" to "Crom!" when something goes wrong. After all, jesus might come back and be like "WTF is up with all those curses?" but Crom? Crom don't care.

@judaspete said:

Moonraker. One of the first Bond movies I remember watching, and thought it was great. Saw it again in college and WOW is it bad. Practically a cartoon.

Yeah most of the Bond films (at least pre-Daniel Craig) are like that. I'd say the Moore and Brosnan films are in general very campy.

Loading Video...

Apparently that was a real, legit stunt. Too bad it was ruined by a redneck, terrible sound, and Bond impersonating a redneck.

Instamixes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Instamixes
Member since 2019 • 45 Posts

Titanic is my favorite movie. I have watched almost 15 times and never be bored.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

Au Hazard Balthazar for the good. It's a lot more profound than I realized.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World for the worse. I don't know why I originally thought it was funny.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah most of the Bond films (at least pre-Daniel Craig) are like that. I'd say the Moore and Brosnan films are in general very campy.

Loading Video...

Apparently that was a real, legit stunt. Too bad it was ruined by a redneck, terrible sound, and Bond impersonating a redneck.

Haha yea, one of the best stunts in the series ruined. Weird thing is the soundtrack for the entire tailing sequence is great, Scaramanga and Bonds theme cutting into each other.

Loading Video...

Weird shit again in Octopussy where someone puts an audio dub of Tarzan over it.

Loading Video...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 judaspete

@vfighter said:

They are all kinda goofy, but how many Bond movies have this?

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@judaspete said:
@vfighter said:

They are all kinda goofy, but how many Bond movies have this?

Loading Video...

Trump's Space Force right there!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I can't believe that sound effect actually made it into a non comedy movie?!?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 judaspete

@sakaixx: Temple of Doom was called the high point of the series for years, and I never understood why.

Love interest and kid were both kind of annoying, and most of the movie taking place in one temple made it feel a bit less epic than the others. Still good, I just like 1 and 3 more.

What's this 4th movie you're talking about? I can assure you that never happened :).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@judaspete: agreed. I feel locale and the treasure indy looking for doesn't have the charm of the other movies especially when in 1st movie we got the Ark of Covenant or the third when indy reaches Petra. Temple of Doom felt its a bit cramped considering most of the movie sets in the temple/cave. I still enjoys the movie but not as much as when I was a kid where I really loved each one.

Haha, I heard there will be a fifth movie.

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

Technically it was a TV mini series but I'm going to say the film IT (1990). As a child and well into my teenage years I thought the film was made by demons as I found it to be too scary. Today as an adult pushing 30 I think it's one of the funniest films ever and Tim Curry is an absolute legend. Since the original film was instrumental to me throughout my childhood I went ahead and saw the newer films and enjoyed catching the similarities and differences between them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i really liked the last jedi when i saw it at the cinema. one or two bits were a little jarring, the ending and luke's passing was a bit flat but on the whole i came away happy.

then i watched it when it premiered on sky movies and it was almost like seeing a different film. i can't entirely discount the few beers i'd sank prior but i must've been so wrapped up in the excitement and giddiness of a new star wars film i totally missed all the awfulness which jumped out a mile watching it at home. my eyes were opened

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

In The Mood for Love (2000), Wong Kar-Wai.

Watched it when i was too young.

A masterpiece.