Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Anything come to your mind?

From the trailer these two movies looked poo and I was very wrong on both counts.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Dwayne johnson's Jumanji absolutely suck.

Robin william's one was much memorable.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uninspiredcup

I'd say the new one was a lot better barring the CGi the original used it well where as in the new one it looks like a PS3 game at times. Which, I guess makes sense with the movie.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Recently? Probably Dredd and John Wick. Both was fukin awesome and both have low quality trailer, for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Freaking Nickelback and that chick from Dawson Creek.

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uninspiredcup

The Shanghai series (Shanghai Noon/Shanghai Knights) probably add to that. It's 100% Rush Hour in Western times, but a lot better, Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan bounce off each other better and the setting is more interesting.

Perfect Sunday, can't be arsed thinking movies you'll forget about in 10 minutes.

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Hmmm....

Upgrade. Didn't know the actor and it seemed like a really stupid premise, but it actually turned out to be a really visceral action movie that did not lack character and drama, either. Really great plot twist. It's the best Robocop movie that isn't Robocop, in a sense.

It also offered a fairly b elievable view of the future and a semi-Luddite dealing with change and all that.

Loading Video...

Hardcore Henry. Not going to sit here and tell you it's a brilliant movie, but it was a lot better than I was expecting. Saw it on a whim, a jest, and I actually ended up really enjoying it. Started off a bit weird and oddly-paced, but about 30 minutes in it all sort of came together.

I mean, it's a weird concept, a first-person movie, right? but it worked.

Some of the scenes and how they filmed them are simply incredible, must have been a real challenge.

Loading Video...

Solomon Kane. I thought it was just going to be some generic straight-to-video swashbuckling epic-tryhard...but it was actually well acted, with great action and a good story. Think Count of Monte Cristo but with evil black magic instead.

Loading Video...

The Rundown. Stifler and The Rock (and this was back when he was still The Rock, not Dwayne Johnson) seemed like a really bad combo, but it ended up being a really fun, funny, corny-but-not-lame jungle romping action-comedy.

Stifler played a great scoundrel-turned-sidekick-turned-good-guy--not as good as Han Solo but in the same vein--and The Rock made a good reluctant-hero type. Featuring the attractive Rosario Dawson and the funny Christopher Walken.

Loading Video...

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Don't really remember many trailers from that far out so I can't really contribute to your thread. I'm just here to say, Dredd was the shit! I consider it to be one of the best comic book movies ever made. Sure it doesn't really compare to the MCU in terms of budget, effects or star power, but damn if it isn't one of the most faithful to the source material and just delivers a perfect, no nonsense, action packed representation of the baddest Street Judge there ever was.

You got me kind of pumped now. Might have to throw it on again tonight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Hardcore Henry was pretty friggin awesome. Even after watching it with a friend, I still felt like I was more pleasantly surprised with the film than anyone else there. I knew I would like it, but I never thought the story would be so meta lol.