Movie News: Enter the Dragon to be remade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

Yup, you read it right. Warner Independent Productions is remaking Bruce Lee's 1973 martial arts classic. Normally, I'd make a comment about this, but right now, I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours, and I'm too frigging tired to chime in with my two cents. I just thought I'd share with you.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117969988.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marty_McFly_
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Nooo why God, why?! Leave it be!
Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cloud418
Member since 2005 • 1969 Posts
Wow, this is interesting. Who's playing the lead role? I think I missed it. Still, they shouldn't call it a remake of Enter the Dragon....just make the damn movie without calling it a Bruce Lee remake. I don't think it's necessary.
3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts
hmm, sounds alright, depends on the cast
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

Wow, this is interesting. Who's playing the lead role? I think I missed it. Still, they shouldn't call it a remake of Enter the Dragon....just make the damn movie without calling it a Bruce Lee remake. I don't think it's necessary.Cloud418

No one's been cast yet. Judging from what I read inthe story, I think they're lookin for a relatively unknown actor for the part.

Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cloud418
Hmmmm...I can't think of anyone. Maybe Tony Jaa or even Donnie Yen.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
This doesn't sound so outlandish as some years ago Jet Li starred in a remake of the Chinese Connection that was called Fist ofLegend and that turned out pretty good although there was a bit of a backlash in the asian nations due to their almost religious reverence for Bruce Lee. I'm going to wait and see who is going to star in it and, more importantly, who is doing their fight choreography before I attempt to pre-judge the project.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

And hollywood strikes again!

Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cloud418

This doesn't sound so outlandish as some years ago Jet Li starred in remake of the Chinese Connection that was called Fist ofLegend and that turned out pretty good although there was a bit of a backlash in the asian nations due to their almost religious reverence for Bruce Lee. I'm going to wait and see who is going to star in it and, more importantly, who is doing their fight choreography before I attempt to pre-judge the project. Lord_Daemon

That is a very good point. You're right about that. Fist of Legend was and still is a badass movie...

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
The only thing I want out of this movie is some good old fasioned martial arts action. No wire-Fu, no CGI effects, none of that crap. Just old school ass beatings. Give me that, and I'll be happy.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
To be honest, I didn't like Enter the Dragon much. It was good, but I thought it was kind of corny. I think Bruce Lee exaggerated to much when he punched someone and made that noise.
Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cloud418

Yeah I know what you mean. Did yo watch SPL? It was sort of going back to the Cop Movies of the 80's in Hong Kong. It featured Donnie yen and Sammo Hung kicking ass.

So yeah, this remake better be good....I have feeling Robin Shou (From Mortal Kombat) will star in this movie...don't know why but I just feel it...lol

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

Yeah I know what you mean. Did yo watch SPL? It was sort of going back to the Cop Movies of the 80's in Hong Kong. It featured Donnie yen and Sammo Hung kicking ass.

So yeah, this remake better be good....I have feeling Robin Shou (From Mortal Kombat) will star in this movie...don't know why but I just feel it...lol

Cloud418

I forgot all about him. Probably not a bad idea to cast him, especially if it going to be released from Warner Bros.'s independent film division. It'd save some money from casting, it could be used to go into the production of the film.

ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ernie1989

Cloud418

I haven't seen SPL. I have seen some Hong Kong cop movies like Police Story and Hard Boiled.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloud418"]

ernie1989

I haven't seen SPL. I have seen some Hong Kong cop movies like Police Story and Hard Boiled.

Those are both great films and Sha Po Lang (renamed "Killzone" in the U.S.) is another must see film. Here's a taste of the action you will see but there's is also a compelling story behind the motivations of the characters which makes this film stand out from the pack.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Laymsp0t
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

Yup, you read it right. Warner Independent Productions is remaking Bruce Lee's 1973 martial arts classic. Normally, I'd make a comment about this, but right now, I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours, and I'm too frigging tired to chime in with my two cents. I just thought I'd share with you.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117969988.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Hallenbeck77

I knew it was coming, and it will suck

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
Why does Hollywood constantly have to remake classic movies?
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
Well, alright, that's stupid.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ernie1989
[QUOTE="ernie1989"][QUOTE="Cloud418"]

Lord_Daemon

Those are both great films and Sha Po Lang (renamed "Killzone" in the U.S.) is another must see film. Here's a taste of the action you will see but there's is also a compelling story behind the motivations of the characters which makes this film stand out from the pack.

That was some nice action. I have to check this one out.

ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ernie1989

Why does Hollywood constantly have to remake classic movies?Headbanger88

They aren't remaking just classics, but some of the more modern Korean films as well.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#21 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Hmmmm...I can't think of anyone. Maybe Tony Jaa or even Donnie Yen.Cloud418

Anyone but Tony Jaa. The guy does crazy stunts and pulls out amazing moves, but he couldn't act to save his life.

Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cloud418

[QUOTE="Cloud418"]Hmmmm...I can't think of anyone. Maybe Tony Jaa or even Donnie Yen.JustPlainLucas

Anyone but Tony Jaa. The guy does crazy stunts and pulls out amazing moves, but he couldn't act to save his life.

You're right but I wasn't thinking really about the acting as much as the ass beatings.

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
I loved this film. I watched it one night on television. Glad to see this news. :D
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
I'm sick of Hollywood remaking/raping good films that are in a foreign language. Butchering these films for an audience who can't bring themselves to read subtitles is awful, because when it comes to greats such as Oldboy (which is being remade) the people who can't read subtitles probably won't understand what is going on in the film, unless its simplified... alot.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
if they cast tony jaa in bruces place it might actually be good, that guy is a great stuntman and martial artist:) he could pull off bruces moves, watch ong bok and you will see how talented he is.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Film-Guy

I'm sick of Hollywood remaking/raping good films that are in a foreign language. Butchering these films for an audience who can't bring themselves to read subtitles is awful, because when it comes to greats such as Oldboy (which is being remade) the people who can't read subtitles probably won't understand what is going on in the film, unless its simplified... alot.Samwel_X

the oldboy remake was canceled:|

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Cloud418"]Hmmmm...I can't think of anyone. Maybe Tony Jaa or even Donnie Yen.JustPlainLucas

and of course bruce lee was a world class actor:|

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Film-Guy

I'm sick of Hollywood remaking/raping good films that are in a foreign language. Butchering these films for an audience who can't bring themselves to read subtitles is awful, because when it comes to greats such as Oldboy (which is being remade) the people who can't read subtitles probably won't understand what is going on in the film, unless its simplified... alot.Samwel_X

they canceled the oldboy remake you know:|

jealentus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 jealentus
Member since 2003 • 3260 Posts
Horrible idea. The only thing that made that movie worth watching were the martial artists...and without them...well.. its just gonna be a generic action movie with probably unkown characters.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Film-Guy

Horrible idea. The only thing that made that movie worth watching were the martial artists...and without them...well.. its just gonna be a generic action movie with probably unkown characters.jealentus

im pretty sure people still do martial arts today:|

jealentus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 jealentus
Member since 2003 • 3260 Posts

[QUOTE="jealentus"]Horrible idea. The only thing that made that movie worth watching were the martial artists...and without them...well.. its just gonna be a generic action movie with probably unkown characters.Film-Guy

im pretty sure people still do martial arts today:|

No I mean Bruce Lee, Blackbelt Jones, etc. etc. They were martial arts superstars. Now its going to be Tony Jaa or Jet Li or someone like that and its not going to have the charm the older dudes had. That or the signature corniness, audio quality, immersion, any of it. Its just going to be another modern martial arts film and thus no need to remake.

Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cloud418
BUMP.....eh...
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#33 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Ugh. Nobody can replace Bruce Lee for this.
Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cloud418
I guess it can be made but it certainly won't have that magic that the original did.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

No one will ever replace Bruce Lee. Ever.

ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ernie1989
Personally, I think it shouldn't matter much if a remake is made. Sure, it might get you a little frustrated and Hollywood is grabbing a lot of classics and foreign films, but it I don't think about it as something bad. Not all remakes are bad. For example, The Departed. That movie is a remake of Internal Affairs, but it is still good. I thought they were as equally good. Besides, you don't have to see the remake if you don't want to.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
No Bruce Lee = phail
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

I know there could be improvements made on some parts of the film, but there is no need to re-shoot the movie since Bruce Lee gave the best performance possible. Yeah, there may be better supporting casts out there, but I only watch that Movie for one reason and one reason only! Bruce Lee!

Whats going to be next? A remake of "The Crow"? Oh wait, Hollywood already **** up every movie after the first one already, so their work is done there!