completeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 completeboy
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

so i think eating non veg is really wrong, i do not even eat cake made of eggs or use egg based shampoos

people can live by eating fruits alone, there is no need to kill animals for food lust

lastly do not bother arguing about killing plants, plants grow another fruit to eat, animal's body parts do not grow back for your eating pleasure, besides fruits can be eating when they naturally fall down from trees THUS YOU ARE NOT EVEN TAKING FRUITS BY FORCE

so as you can see if you eat non veg you are doing injustice to living beings

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@completeboy: Fine, we'll put a Leopard or Tiger in you're house and tell it not to eat you, lets see how you fair.

People are free to choose what they want to eat and what not to eat, you can have your own opinions and they can have theirs, deal with it.

Also, you haven't seen the food chain;

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I dont like eating animals either, its very primitive.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

OP where are you from??

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12

@indzman said:

OP where are you from??

He wont answer, multiple people have asked similar questions. My bet, India.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#6 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

If the good Lord didn't want us to be eating animals why'd he make out of meat?

rekt.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@completeboy:

You can't live on this planet without killing a living thing. Plants are just as alive as you and me, you're just being selective by excluding meat.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

Because meat is an excellent source of proteins?

Eating meat allowed humans to do other things than just gather food in the earlier days.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 indzman

@GTR12: chances are High OP being from a asian country as India,pakistan or indonesia?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

Such arrogance to tell other's what to eat..............

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Hmmm.... I'll make sure to pick up a steak later and eat it for you.

How do you feel about meat grown in a lab?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Im all for people to think about what they eat, where it comes from, and how often.

I do think however that eating meat and fish is necessary for a healthy diet.

It just could be less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I think plants are self conscious. Then we shouldn't eat plants or animals but we need death and sin.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

If you are against meat because of the resources it takes to produce, that's fine. But if you think cows and chickens are going to do okay if we let them off into the wild, then you don't understand that cows and chickens aren't exactly natural and would fare poorly in the wild. We've bread the wild out of them...Cattle for instance act nothing like the animals we bred them from.

Auroch bull and cow on left, domesticated bull and cow on right. FYI, the last Auroch died in the 1400's.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Cool, more meat for me.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

@completeboy: I just had a croissant topped with cheese, ham, and egg. The egg was sunny side up and I sopped it up with the croissant. I just thought you would want to know.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16517 Posts

as much as I hate to say it, its true that people eat far too much meat in north america. Especially red meat, which is extremely unhealthy. We are meant to eat a ton of veggies and fruits...our bodies are naturally geared to them and the people who live longest and healthiest are always the ones who eat a healthy diet. Our meat has remained so cheap because of the corn we grow. Get rid of that, and you'll see prices of meat skyrocket tomorrow, and alot more people eating healthier diets as a result.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I'd kill a man who would try and part me from me and my bacon.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GTR12

@indzman: I personally think he's a Hindu from Delhi or Goa, but we'll never know cos he wont say it.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indzman

@GTR12: yeah ?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@completeboy said:

so i think eating non veg is really wrong, i do not even eat cake made of eggs or use egg based shampoos

people can live by eating fruits alone, there is no need to kill animals for food lust

lastly do not bother arguing about killing plants, plants grow another fruit to eat, animal's body parts do not grow back for your eating pleasure, besides fruits can be eating when they naturally fall down from trees THUS YOU ARE NOT EVEN TAKING FRUITS BY FORCE

You do realize that animals are "natural food", right?

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol...don't tell people what to eat just because you choose to limit yourself to a certain group food. Lastly ya don't make friends with salad. :P

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@completeboy said:

So we should eat more reptile tails?

Ever seen an iguana in the wild? They fall out of tree's all the time.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23807 Posts

I hope you realize that whether you want to admit it or not, you will consume creatures within the animalia kingdom.

I am a former vegetarian, I stopped eating meat for a span of 2 years, as a response to meats getting increasingly expensive for a while, and as an excuse to go down in weight (it worked). But I can not even claim to not have eaten meat in those times, since at some points I will have accidentally swallowed something.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KOD

@Maroxad said:

I hope you realize that whether you want to admit it or not, you will consume creatures within the animalia kingdom.

I am a former vegetarian, I stopped eating meat for a span of 2 years, as a response to meats getting increasingly expensive for a while, and as an excuse to go down in weight (it worked). But I can not even claim to not have eaten meat in those times, since at some points I will have accidentally swallowed something.

WTF are you even talking about man? Animals are not part of nature... thats not how mother nature works dude.

So on a serious note here, people.. mostly Americans as far as im aware, really simply need to learn how to cut down on meat consumption. We as humans do not need and should not have, six ounces of beef every meal. Realistically we should not even have six ounces of any meat for any meal or even day. The ideal consumption would probably be around six to ten ounces a week and you want the majority of your food to be fruits, veggies, nuts, oils and good fats.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Maroxad

@kod said:
@Maroxad said:

WTF are you even talking about man? Animals are not part of nature... thats not how mother nature works dude.

So on a serious note here, people.. mostly Americans as far as im aware, really simply need to learn how to cut down on meat consumption. We as humans do not need and should not have, six ounces of beef every meal. Realistically we should not even have six ounces of any meat for any meal or even day. The ideal consumption would probably be around six to ten ounces a week and you want the majority of your food to be fruits, veggies, nuts, oils and good fats.

Huh? Ohh :P Yeah, this natural argument some vegetarians and organic crowd use are ever so silly. Appeals to nature means nohting to me. I love them GMOs (even though they are pretty natural once you consider that humans are a part of nature), best way to save the environment too :)

Yeah, following that 2 year vegetarian incident (the meat finally went back to being affordable for a college student like me). I actually saw a drop in general meat consumption, I had pretty much learnt to love my vegetables during that time. I am currently consuming roughly 0.2kg of meat per day across 2 meals. That is less than before, but maybe I should cut it down a bit.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KOD

@Maroxad said:

Yeah, following that 2 year vegetarian incident (the meat finally went back to being affordable for a college student like me). I actually saw a drop in general meat consumption, I had pretty much learnt to love my vegetables during that time. I am currently consuming roughly 0.2kg of meat per day across 2 meals. That is less than before, but maybe I should cut it down a bit.

At about 28 or so i started drastically reducing the amount of meat i ate and i noticed i had more energy and felt better. But one thing that i think REALLY helped me that im sure a lot of people here consume a lot of, was i completely cut out soda and drank more water and unsweetened tea. Its astonishing how much better you feel if you cut that crap out of your diet.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Maroxad

@kod said:
@Maroxad said:

At about 28 or so i started drastically reducing the amount of meat i ate and i noticed i had more energy and felt better. But one thing that i think REALLY helped me that im sure a lot of people here consume a lot of, was i completely cut out soda and drank more water and unsweetened tea. Its astonishing how much better you feel if you cut that crap out of your diet.

Due to unknown issues I have with my throat. I stopped drinking soda and any form of overly sugary drink at the age of 14. I also stopped all my consumption of candy. I started drinking water. And much like you I felt a lot better. I also went from being obese, to no longer obese.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm currently eating tortilla wraps, with chicken, melted cheese and hot sauce. Unhealthy, but so good.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I actually eat vegetables and fruits more than meat... I still eat meat can't really give up.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Pigs are great, magical animals.

If you could only eat one species of animal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

A vegan diet is definitely better for the environment, although I haven't been able to stop eating meat. It's just to delicious and I'm way to used to meat based meals. Humanity might stop eating meat eventually, but that'll be way into the future.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Meat is not a natural source of nourishment?
I think carnivorous animals will disagree with you.

HotWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By HotWoman
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Sorry TC, I love meat way too much.

suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

No gainz to be made going vegan. Point is invalid.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I had this class by a vegan nutjob and he was trying his best to convince us why non-eating meat is beneficial, to the point of ridiculousness. He actually argued that the reason why, especially in the rural areas, carnivorous animals such as tigers hunted humans, is because they can smell the beef, chicken/mutton whatever else that we ate, thats why tigers eat humans.

What.

If thats the case, wtf did the deer get eaten by the same tiger in the first place, it eats leafs and grasses all day long!

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@completeboy said:

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Domestic animals like cows and chickens are the least we should be worried about. As they are not endangered species.

If vegans and animal rights activists cared that much for animals and the environment. They would spend less time advocating for domestic animals that are privately owned. And more time helping to save various animail species from extinction. Like the Northern White Horn Rhino. Which may be too late to save from extinction. While the vegan world focuses on condemning steak and chicken consumers.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@completeboy said:

If you are so convinced stop taking the supplements that keep you alive.

Also, those lab grown supplements are made of prokaryotes. What a coincidence their status as living beings goes out the window as soon as you die if you don't eat them.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Oh look another veg head telling people what to eat no wonder your kind are despised.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@completeboy:

People are free to choose what they want to eat and what not to eat, you can have your own opinions and they can have theirs, deal with it.

What about people eating you?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GTR12

@themajormayor said:
@GTR12 said:

@completeboy:

Go ahead once I die.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Hmm I do think it would be good for me to eat less meat. And even though in my top 10 tasty foods it's probably all meat, missing the taste of it is not so much the problem. My problem is that I am not really convinced that it is healthy (or even healthier) to eat less or no meat. I know you are supposed to eat vegetarian stuff that kinda replaces the meat things. But does it replace all of the healthy things in meat? I'm a little skeptical. I guess, because the food I eat so far has worked well for me.

I am sure there are dietists and food specialists that can tell me that vegetarian food is very healthy. I am also sure plenty will tell me that it is not true. On the topic of food there is so much ongoing debate that someone like me will never know what is right or wrong. I guess I could try it a little and see what happens. It's tough to do, though, because I don't make my own food. And I can't just buy more food. Hmm we'll see.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@GTR12 said:
@themajormayor said:
@GTR12 said:

@completeboy:

Go ahead once I die.

I would prefer my corpse be eaten, as well.

I don't want to die by being eaten, you know, like "Oh he was eaten by a shark". No. I want to die naturally, peacefully.

But once I'm dead, chop me up into chum and toss me in the water. Cut me into steaks and throw me into a zoo for the tigers and bears. I don't care. As big as I am I could feed a lot of critters. Or one critter for a long time.

Or give me to those Indian dudes that are cannibals.

@KungfuKitten said:

Hmm I do think it would be good for me to eat less meat. And even though in my top 10 tasty foods it's probably all meat, missing the taste of it is not so much the problem. My problem is that I am not really convinced that it is healthy (or even healthier) to eat less or no meat. I know you are supposed to eat vegetarian stuff that kinda replaces the meat things. But does it replace all of the healthy things in meat? I'm a little skeptical. I guess, because the food I eat so far has worked well for me.

I am sure there are dietists and food specialists that can tell me that vegetarian food is very healthy. I am also sure plenty will tell me that it is not true. On the topic of food there is so much ongoing debate that someone like me will never know what is right or wrong. I guess I could try it a little and see what happens. It's tough to do, though, because I don't make my own food. And I can't just buy more food. Hmm we'll see.

Humans are omnivores, this is fact. We have canines, incisors...meat-cutting teeth. We have the digestive gear to process meat.

The issue, in this modern world of having everything at our fingertips, is over consumption. People eat too much meat, at least in the West and especially in the US. I forgot what the ratio is, but we are protein-obsessed here and in the rest of the world it's like 70% vegetable-based carbs 30% protein and here in the US it is the opposite, with protein generally being meat.

You don't need that much protein. Most of us are not body builders. Again, there's nothing inherently wrong with consuming that much animal protein, but it is taking a toll on the environment, and depending on the source of that protein it will take a toll on your health.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KungfuKitten

@mrbojangles25 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Humans are omnivores, this is fact. We have canines, incisors...meat-cutting teeth. We have the digestive gear to process meat.

The issue, in this modern world of having everything at our fingertips, is over consumption. People eat too much meat, at least in the West and especially in the US. I forgot what the ratio is, but we are protein-obsessed here and in the rest of the world it's like 70% vegetable-based carbs 30% protein and here in the US it is the opposite, with protein generally being meat.

You don't need that much protein. Most of us are not body builders. Again, there's nothing inherently wrong with consuming that much animal protein, but it is taking a toll on the environment, and depending on the source of that protein it will take a toll on your health.

Hmm ok. I do have pretty big (butt) muscles so I do need some protein. I guess I could eat less meat and more gross vegetables. Every bit helps, right?

When people say red meat does that include meat that you put on a sandwich?

I found that the word for people who eat less meat is 'reducetarian'. That doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it... I think even lessetarian would sound better.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@KungfuKitten: you don't have to eat less meat. Whatever you're doing is fine, I'm sure, as long as you're health is good and only that can be determined by a doctor (not people on a video game forum). I was just saying, in general, we could all stand to cut back a bit, especially when it comes to red meat. Not trying to preach :D

As for "red meat", they're talking about beef. That can include sandwich/deli meats, but those are more often referred to as "processed" meats, which are a whole 'nother discussion (specifically about nitrates). Red meat consumption should generally be kept low; you want to limit how much steak and how many hamburgers you eat. With that said, a couple steaks per month is not going to do much damage, it's more the fact that beef (especially undercooked, steak beef) is hard to digest and has a lot of connective tissue and the bad kind of fat (the hard fat that clogs your arteries).

Chicken is fine, the ideal is fish and shellfish, though. Pork is also OK.

Never heard of Reducetarians lol, that is...silly. Whatever, everyone want's to be part of something special.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KungfuKitten

@mrbojangles25: Oh I know you weren't being preachy. I wouldn't mind contributing a little. Thanks for being so comforting. It makes me feel warm inside.