Most Awkward Dating Moments - GS Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Squall18 (3755 posts) -

I'll begin with a date that I had last November...

After being told her college major (which is rare and can be difficult to find work), I go off on a spiel about why some college degrees (in my opinion) are worthless. Then I forgot she was trying to be a storm chaser.

Ironcially, we dated for 6 months after that.

Your turn!

#2 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13796 posts) -

On a date in high school, her mother forced us to take her little sister as a chaperone. way lame

#3 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
My first date with my girlfriend :P We watched some horror movies, and being the big puss I am I was freaking out xD 3 Years later she still makes fun of me :P
#4 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

The first kiss I had with my wife when we first started going out was a "miss". I was going for the cheek, she was going for the lips, we met halfway in between and had a laugh. She still likes to tease me about it.

A few years later on April Fools, she sent me an email suggesting we should break up, then at the very bottom, after having to scroll down, she said it was a joke. I confronted her about it and she still laughed, though I was really upset. I still give her crap about it to this day.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
#5 Posted by deactivated-598fc45371265 (13247 posts) -

After being told her college major (which is rare and can be difficult to find work), I go off on a spiel about why some college degrees (in my opinion) are worthless. Then I forgot she was trying to be a storm chaser.

Squall18

Was she getting a degree in "Storm Chasing"?

#6 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -

The first kiss I had with my wife when we first started going out was a "miss". I was going for the cheek, she was going for the lips, we met halfway in between and had a laugh. She still likes to tease me about it.

jimkabrhel
This happened to me as well xD The first time we tried to kiss, I ended up missing her cheek and kissing the Tip of her ear and her hair xD While of cours she realized she was going to miss and tried to stop :P
#7 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
I forgot to put my car in park when I turned off the engine and it wouldn't start back up again, so me and my date were freaking out I'd have to call AAA. It was very embarasing
#8 Posted by Squall18 (3755 posts) -

I forgot to put my car in park when I turned off the engine and it wouldn't start back up again, so me and my date were freaking out I'd have to call AAA. It was very embarasingCleanPlayer

Hahaha, man, these stories are making my Wednesday! Keep 'em rollin'!

#9 Posted by Squall18 (3755 posts) -

[QUOTE="Squall18"]

Storm_Marine

She was getting "meteorology", which was pretty cool and isn't worthless by any means. But right after we discussed the difficulties of finding a job in her field, I started dogging on worthless degrees and she totally felt uncomfortable!! :/

#10 Posted by yummifullz (119 posts) -

In high school, we popped a couple ambien and went to the mall, where I proceeded to steal a bottle of wine from a shop, turns out it was empty. Then later driving down the street to drop her off, she turns and looks at me and asks "What the hell were we doing for the past 3 hours I can't remember anything!" Total amnesia. And no I wasn't trying to date rape her. I definitely don't miss those days.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
#11 Posted by deactivated-598fc45371265 (13247 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="Squall18"]

Squall18

She was getting "meteorology", which was pretty cool and isn't worthless by any means. But right after we discussed the difficulties of finding a job in her field, I started dogging on worthless degrees and she totally felt uncomfortable!! :/

As long as she didn't take Women's Studies with a minor in Sanskrit.

#12 Posted by kalparun (112 posts) -
I'm on a date with this shy chick on a beach bar. I reach to my pocket to grab some change, on the way out my phone, gum and 3 condoms fall out. She looks at them and doesn't say anything. I tell her "Don't worry, they're not for you". It took me 2 minutes to realise the BS I had done.
#13 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -
[QUOTE="kalparun"]I'm on a date with this shy chick on a beach bar. I reach to my pocket to grab some change, on the way out my phone, gum and 3 condoms fall out. She looks at them and doesn't say anything. I tell her "Don't worry, they're not for you". It took me 2 minutes to realise the BS I had done.

LOL. Nice one.
#14 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

once my right hand caught me with my left hand.

that sure as hell was awkward.

#15 Posted by Alter_Echo (10724 posts) -

Once picked a girl up for a first date after having eaten a large all meat stromboli for lunch. Was real gassy. She said she had to go back in to grab something and I figured I had enough time to let one rip and have it air out before she got back. Whatever she had to get was right by the door apparently because she was back in like 10 seconds.

I played with the locks pretending I couldn't get it to open long enough for it to die down but it was still pretty bad when she got in. Like a champ she didn't say anything but I could tell she clearly smelled my ass and there was no confusion over what it was she was smelling. Was a silent ride to the movies indeed.

#16 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Honestly I haven't had any really embarrassing moments in dating. Maybe I've just been lucky.

#17 Posted by theone86 (21503 posts) -

Ironcially, we dated for 6 months after that.

Your turn!

Squall18

I've learned this the hard way, spiels on dates are never a good idea.

Anyways, I can't remember if this was a first date or just an early one, but I forgot to put gas in my car and it died while we were coming back from the movie. It was raining, I needed to ask her to steer the car while I pushed, and then to call her dad to bring us gas. I think the ost embarassing part, though, was that I was a mechanic. That kind of thing shouldn't happen to mechanics.

#18 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
[QUOTE="kalparun"]I'm on a date with this shy chick on a beach bar. I reach to my pocket to grab some change, on the way out my phone, gum and 3 condoms fall out. She looks at them and doesn't say anything. I tell her "Don't worry, they're not for you". It took me 2 minutes to realise the BS I had done.

Brilliant I say that's the most comical one out of here.
#19 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I accidentally called a lady friend 'bro'.
#20 Posted by johnd13 (9351 posts) -

once my right hand caught me with my left hand.

that sure as hell was awkward.

konvikt_17

I love the stories about you and your hands :P

#21 Posted by themajormayor (25726 posts) -
Burned up her bag
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
#22 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6203 posts) -

I accidentally called a lady friend 'bro'.Fightingfan

Did the same, but called her "Man"...............

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
#23 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4889 posts) -

I remember one girl I went to kiss for the first time, dodged my kiss. Came in from the side on the couch, and didn't know what do do so I kissed her neck. Awkward.

We dated for a while though.