warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6855 Posts

What do you think? I like what I see looks promising.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45532 Posts

Sub-Zero not getting bodied by Scorpion in a trailer? Must of had no NRS involvement. I'm surprised just how creepy and unsettling they made Bi-Han look. His overall look tells me that costume designers really wanted to envoke the "Forest Demon" translation of Lin Kuei. I like the easter egg of him doing the MK11 throw. The "get over here" is weak on delivery and could've just copy/paste voice from the game and no one wouldn't complain about it. But aside from that, action looks decent and looks a lot better than I expected and glad this is coming to HBO Max app.

Edit: Why does Mileena have a normal mouth? She has sharp teeth as all Tarkatan has.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 8243 Posts

Looks alright.

Video game movies only come in three flavours; merely alright, entertainingly bad, and painfully awful. Time will tell which bin this will fall into.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 17193 Posts

This looks pretty bad. Original character as main lead? in a MK movie?

Loading Video...

I prefer this movie and its cast. christopher lambert was best raiden and compare shang tsung to new one is incredibly disappointing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44165 Posts

Video games work better as animation imo.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 508 Posts

Looks better then I thought.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 4

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2821 Posts

Saw a few snippets of it on TV. Looks alright but I can't see myself watching it. (Not all that familiar with the games.)

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17984 Posts

@madrocketeer: "Video game movies only come in three flavours; merely alright, entertainingly bad, and painfully awful. "

lol, no question Street Fighter: The Movie (1994) fall into the "entertainingly bad" category. Especially if you watch it now.

But what movies would you say falls into those 3 categories?

Also, to me, Mortal Kombat(1995) was actually really good and to me still holds up today. I guess you have that in your "merely alright" category.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 8243 Posts
@PSP107 said:

@madrocketeer: "Video game movies only come in three flavours; merely alright, entertainingly bad, and painfully awful. "

lol, no question Street Fighter: The Movie (1994) fall into the "entertainingly bad" category. Especially if you watch it now.

But what movies would you say falls into those 3 categories?

Also, to me, Mortal Kombat(1995) was actually really good and to me still holds up today. I guess you have that in your "merely alright" category.

Yeah, Steet Fighter was definitely top of my list in the "entertainingly bad" category. And yeah, Mortal Kombat was alright. No cinematic masterpiece, but watchable.

I'd say the Resident Evil series pretty much covers all three categories. Resident Evil 1 was alright - not good, not too bad, just tolerable. The subsequent sequels, however, were either entertaining schlocks or just plain bad.

Can't be bothered going back to figure out which is which, because Paul W. S. Anderson churned out so many of them that they sort of congealed into an amorphous mess in my mind. Might as well make it a 2 & 2 split then throw a dart.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 2145 Posts

The best Mortal Kombat movie for me is the story mode in the Mortal Kombat 2011 game.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6855 Posts

@AcidTango said:

The best Mortal Kombat movie for me is the story mode in the Mortal Kombat 2011 game.

Agree and man what a game that was one of the best reboots ever.