This topic is locked from further discussion.

dogel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dogel99
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts

Guess what! I'm making another girl advice thread! Just what we need!

But seriously, this has just been bugging me for awhile and I need any advice I can get. There's this girl Angela and she's my best friend in the entire world, but I love her. She doesn't love me back though, she says we are just friends and that's kinda just been mutually accepted by us. I've known her for years and we've gone out twice but both times she has ended it saying that it is too weird because she just doesn't feel that way about me. To put it plainly, it's breaking my heart. She knows how I feel about her, she always acknowledges it, but it's almost always to remind me that the feelings are one-way. The worst part of it is thatI'm her best friend so sh tells me everything, including everything that goes on between her and her boyfriends and I just have to sit through it cause otherwise I wouldn't be that good of a friend. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've found myself gettign more and more depressed and craving her love. It's not like I can kick her out of my life and forget about her because 1) love doesn't work liek that and 2) we hold too big of a part in eachother's lives to let ourselves do that.

I'm just really looking for any advice, and please take this seriously. Thanks for your help.

Elmo

lolwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lolwaffles
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts
always be there for her, maybe someday she'll realize you complete her and you might even share your lives in marriage, that is, if you really love and and viceversa
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
You can't force her to like you. If she knows how you feel already, I don't think there's anything you can do besides finding someone else. If her talking about other people bothers you... tell her so. She's pretty insensitive to discuss that with you anyway, knowing what she already knows.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts
Is she hot?
lolwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lolwaffles
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts
She's not a very good friend if she knows how you feel about her but continues to talk about her boyfriends when she's with you. Ditch the witch or buy some chlorophorm...MannequinLegs
lol the chlorophorm here is pretty much big business
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
she doesnt want you, my advice is get over it while your young and find someone else worth your time.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

She's not a very good friend if she knows how you feel about her but continues to talk about her boyfriends when she's with you. Ditch the witch or buy some chlorophorm...MannequinLegs

:lol: I like that, great advice.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

But seriously, this has just been bugging me for awhile and I need any advice I can get. There's this girl Angela and she's my best friend in the entire world, but I love her. She doesn't love me back though, she says we are just friends and that's kinda just been mutually accepted by us. I've known her for years and we've gone out twice but both times she has ended it saying that it is too weird because she just doesn't feel that way about me. To put it plainly, it's breaking my heart. She knows how I feel about her, she always acknowledges it, but it's almost always to remind me that the feelings are one-way. The worst part of it is thatI'm her best friend so sh tells me everything, including everything that goes on between her and her boyfriends and I just have to sit through it cause otherwise I wouldn't be that good of a friend. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've found myself gettign more and more depressed and craving her love. It's not like I can kick her out of my life and forget about her because 1) love doesn't work liek that and 2) we hold too big of a part in eachother's lives to let ourselves do that.

I'm just really looking for any advice, and please take this seriously. Thanks for your help.

Elmo

dogel99

Just tell her what you just posted right here.

dogel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dogel99
What good would telling her what I told you all do? All I'm doing is complaining.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Elmo

dogel99

There's your problem. If you keep holding on the heartache will just stay with you. Telling yourself "if I'm there for her, then maybe she'll see I'm the guy for her" is, in most cases, just wishful thinking. Something about you doesn't appeal to her in that way.

I know it's hard to let go, but if you don't the heartache can turn into depression (if it hasn't already) and it will take a long, long time to go away (or if ever, as long as you two are close friends).

I'm in a situation myself, it's not fun, I know what to do to make the sadness or disappointment go away. The problem is it's hard to do. But I've let go before and hope I can again.

swgrl84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swgrl84
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts
Oh, I know all about situations like this. It is really difficult to just be friends with someone that you like/love. However, she should be more understanding about how you feel about her and not bring up her relationships with you (seeing as how it will make you feel uneasy). There are only really two options: 1) Stay the course - it's not going to be easy but if you feel that strongly about her then you have to fight for what you love or 2) Distance yourself - which will be really difficult to do considering how good of friends you are with her - but sometimes you can't change or wait around for a certain outcome. Whatever you decide to do - I wish you the best of luck!
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Elmo

dogel99

My advice is to watch The Royal Tenenbaums.

saywat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 saywat11
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

elmo? lolwut?

but on topic, your probably gonna end up staying friends.

theres a reason why you never become best friends with a girl your interested in...because then they start lookin at you like a girlfriend, and nothing more.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Find someone who is interested in you romantically. You cannot force her to develop romantic feelings for you and she has already expressed an interest in remaining friends. Don't ruin your friendship, just respect her desire to remain friends and leave it at that.

You are going to end up feeling a lot worse if you don't give up and break up your friendship over this. If she is your close friend you should be able to take to her openly about this and she can help you find someone who is willing to be with you romantically. Take advantage of what you have, don't ruin it.
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts
Don't force her to develop feelings for you, that never works out as it should be.
Vikthorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vikthorious
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="dogel99"]

Elmo

muffincakes87

Just tell her what you just posted right here.

and ther you got youre answer, if she still dont want to be with you or at least give it a try... you should try to forget her as fast as you can (i know its pretty much difficult) while you can...cause if you still have that problem, it will evolve into depression. i know its hard... but thats my advise..

go-cizmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 go-cizmek
Member since 2007 • 1782 Posts

Find someone who is interested in you romantically. You cannot force her to develop romantic feelings for you and she has already expressed an interest in remaining friends. Don't ruin your friendship, just respect her desire to remain friends and leave it at that.

You are going to end up feeling a lot worse if you don't give up and break up your friendship over this. If she is your close friend you should be able to take to her openly about this and she can help you find someone who is willing to be with you romantically. Take advantage of what you have, don't ruin it.foxhound_fox

This is 100% true.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#19 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Just going on from what someone else said: you just have to move on.

You can say it is difficult and what not but believe me when you are even just hanging out with someone else you will forget about those 'aching feelings' quite quickly and feel better about yourself.

You can't force someone to love you. And you can waste a lot of time and energy trying to change that. But really..

You are like a dog chasing a car. You'll never catch it and you wouldn't know what to do with it if you did.

Just keep friends and remember the fun times you have spent with each other. There are plenty more memories to come!

At least you got to go out with her twice..

dogel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dogel99

Thanks a lot guys, this really helps. I guess I just have to try and find soem one else and see if I can forget my feelings for her...Well, thanks again.

Elmo

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
boyz II men - End of the road /thread...seriously
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

You need to get over the feelings for her. Probably best to take a break from the friendship for awhile.

esbastica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 esbastica
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts
leave her for a short period to feel ur lack,it seriously helps sometimes.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#24 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I reckon they will still grow old together! Who agrees with me?! Raise your hand!
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
[QUOTE="dogel99"]

Elmo

cametall

There's your problem. If you keep holding on the heartache will just stay with you. Telling yourself "if I'm there for her, then maybe she'll see I'm the guy for her" is, in most cases, just wishful thinking. Something about you doesn't appeal to her in that way.

I know it's hard to let go, but if you don't the heartache can turn into depression (if it hasn't already) and it will take a long, long time to go away (or if ever, as long as you two are close friends).

I'm in a situation myself, it's not fun, I know what to do to make the sadness or disappointment go away. The problem is it's hard to do. But I've let go before and hope I can again.

I agree with this. I loved this girl before and she didn't love me back, I just waited and hoped that she would develop feelings for me. Looking back, that was pretty dumb :roll: Best to move on and find someone else, it'll help a lot. I moved on and now me and that girl are friends
criegz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 criegz
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

Just going on from what someone else said: you just have to move on.

You can say it is difficult and what not but believe me when you are even just hanging out with someone else you will forget about those 'aching feelings' quite quickly and feel better about yourself.

You can't force someone to love you. And you can waste a lot of time and energy trying to change that. But really..

You are like a dog chasing a car. You'll never catch it and you wouldn't know what to do with it if you did.

Just keep friends and remember the fun times you have spent with each other. There are plenty more memories to come!

At least you got to go out with her twice..

biggest_loser

This city deserves a better class of criminal, and I... am gonna give it to them - The Joker.

Lol that is a great line from teh Batman Movie.:D The Dark Knight = awesomz! But er now, to your feature thread presentation...:oops:

Katafran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Katafran
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

If it means anything, that is how my relationship with my husband was. We were friends for two and a half years before I would go on a date with him. He listened to me through everything and was always someone I could depend on. Eventually I realized that he was what I needed to be happy forever.

Just give her space and be there when she needs you.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I'm pretty sure she knows what she's doing to your feelings, otherwise why discuss her boyfriends with you? She's leeching your love for her deliberately or otherwise. I'm sure it gives her a confidence boost to know that you'll be crazy about her no matter how badly she treats you. Find yourself another girl and you'll see how quickly her attitude changes.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Elmo

dogel99

ugh... i hate when girls tell me about there boyfriends.... i would tell her hay cut that crap out i like you alot if you have not noticed... and when you talk to me about your boyfriends...it hurts.... but anyway... your young...i would say forget her play like you dont like her... and i bet she will like you even more.... because girls like that for some reason

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Move on. You're taking the fun out of your life.
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

Walk away dude, go hang out with your other friends, and just leave it at that.

You can't force somebody to like you, and always being there just doesn't help your case.

Walk away, hang out with your friends, meet other girls, live your life. If things work out, maybe she'll realize what she doesn't have anymore (happened to me and my last girlfriend, we started as friends), if not,then you'll be meeting other girls (that don't drag your heart through the mud) anyway and it just doesn't matter anyways.

And to be honest, if she knows you like her, and she's giving you details of her and her boyfriend, she's f'n with your head and you should NEVER take that.

ClassicPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 ClassicPlayer
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts
You need to learn to let go, seriously...if she doesn't love you then you have to accept it, you obviously can't change her mind and you shouldn't like force it upon her....stay friends with her obviously but if you want proper advice ask some friends, you know? People in real life?
moptopskate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moptopskate
Member since 2004 • 2362 Posts
if shes not into it, it wouldnt work it anway
primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 primateface
Member since 2008 • 1095 Posts
Dude there's always a cooler/hotter chick than another lol.
primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 primateface
Member since 2008 • 1095 Posts

girls=mind games :lol:

but if you grew up with this chick...that's probley why because you were friends and didnt meet as people who like each other.

Abdullahcoolyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Abdullahcoolyo
Member since 2004 • 1967 Posts
Kill her in her sleep
Abdullahcoolyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Abdullahcoolyo
Member since 2004 • 1967 Posts

girls=mind games :lol:

primateface

Even being in a fake marraige with a girl is hard enough!! Had to do the most randomest things to win her back O.o
x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts
OOOOHHHHHH GOD you are screwed!
crazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 crazychris
Member since 2003 • 1420 Posts
the friendzone... once your there your stuck there.
genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts

I don't know you. I don't know her. I only your version of the story. But it seems that anyone on this site is qualified to give you advice so here you go.

1) You can't make some one love you. If the love you experience is one sided then you're wasting your time. Do yourself a favor and move on. She clearly does not feel the same as you do. If you are dead set on waiting for her then at least find anoter woman to kill time with. Who knows? Maybe you'll find someone better that will actually love you back. How much more of a sign do you need than to have her tell you about the things she does with her boyfriends, things that she won't do with you. You said that she knows how you feel but come on. Do you think that if the roles were reversed she would want you to tell her about your girlfriends?

2) Women have the power when they are young and attractive and men have the power when they are older and successful. Spend your time developing yourself with school and career so that you can take advantage as an older man and live the kind of life that you want to have with the opposite gender.

3) Never attach yourself emotionally to one woman unil the relationship you want has been established. You should be dating multiple women to find out what kind of women you like instead of fixating on a woman just because she's nice to you. Keep your options open and develop your self esteem so you can find the mate you want and need instead of the mate you're offered. There are more than 3.4 billion women on the planet, women that would love to be with you if only you had the confidence to ask them out and the self esteem to believe that you deserve to be with them. There is no excuse for pursuing one woman that does not want you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to playing Mass Effect.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

waling away seems like the wise option. you need to get over her. if she really cared for you as a friend then she would understand this. Love sucks half the time

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

walking away seems like the wise option. you need to get over her. if she really cared for you as a friend then she would understand this. Love sucks half the time

pete_merlin