Mom accused of feeding child bleach to cure autism.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

An Indianapolis mom is accused of forcing her child to down bleach to cure her autism, police said.

The father reported to authorities that his 28-year-old wife was placing drops of hydrochloric acid and water-purifying solution, which contains chlorine, into their autistic daughter’s drinks, WTTK reported.

He said the woman learned about the dangerous concoction through a Facebook group and believed the mixture was a “miracle mineral solution,” according to police.

She was arrested Saturday, and the child was removed from the home following the report, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The Department of Child Services is reportedly investigating the allegations.

Source

Should we start to help accountable the people spreading dangerous FUD over the interwebs?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

*sigh*

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

If there are people out there advising parents to poison children, and on top of it benefiting it from monetarily, shut them down and prosecute them.

While we're at it, start forcing chiropractors and all homeopathic manufactures to prove their medical claims with scientific literature as well. Let's clean house with all these snake oil salesman.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Well, he wouldn't have had autism in the first place if you hadn't have gotten him vaccinated! I mean, failing that, bleach is probably your best fallback option.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

?Fu°king sad world we live in ☹

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

So sad that I read the title and immediately thought "yep, i believe it" :/

I've dealt with a lot of autistic kids and Down kids but I can't imagine how it feels to actually have one of my own....the difference between taking care of them a few hours a week versus 24/7 must be abysmal but I was always saddened by their parents. The vast majority was either in the "I wish I could fix my broken kid so I could enjoy him/her" camp or in the "my child is an angel sent by God to teach us and the autism is God's mark upon them" camp. So it's either a car or an angel? No wonder a lot of parents don't know what to do with their autistic children and search for "internet experts" to give them the answers.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Stupid people are stupid...

This reminds me of that movie where 2 people travel into the future where the people are watering the crops with Gatorade and everyone but these 2 people have a very low IQ.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Sad, really sad.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I would say spreading of malicious misinformation should be illegal and whoever posted that advise should be arrested as well.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@brimmul777: I understand that this is a detestable story and feelings about it will be pretty raw but please keep the posts classy.

-Byshop

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#12 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

@Byshop: Sorry about that. I'll try to watch what I say in the future. ?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#13 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Well I don't see any of you coming forward with any solutions.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Not to downplay the story, but hydrochloric acid is not bleach. That's like using muriatic acid to get stains out of your clothes. It's much worse than bleach. You can actually use a drop of bleach in water in extreme circumstances if needed for drinking. Still sick the mother would do this. A good thread could also be the crap homeopathic remedies parents force on their kids... Some obviously not harmful, but some are, and some just don't do anything.

Edit: My bad, just saw she was putting BOTH in there! Holy crap.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

She might be more mentally challenged than her child.

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Some people should never breed. I'm guessing she's the type of person who tries to find a toothiologist instead of a dentist when her kid gets toothache.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

"Well, nothing can be worse than the Tide Pod Challenge" said past-me...

*reads this*

"Sigh..."

@borninblood60 said:

Some people should never breed. I'm guessing she's the type of person who tries to find a toothiologist instead of a dentist when her kid gets toothache.

Feel bad for agreeing with you, but yeah, sometimes I think this.

I have a friend and she is crazy. Her husband is cool, but also a little nuts. Now, I am no eugenicist, but they had a kid and this kid had tons of issues. I mean, literally allergic to everything except water. As the kid got older, she had learning issues and was diagnosed with a few things. Meanwhile, the mom is taking selfies, talking about what a great mom she is for dealing with her kids, and in every picture of "me and my sweet child" the mom is in most of the picture while the kid might be in a corner of it lol. Talk about narcissism. Claims about how she doesn't have time or money to take care of things, yet got a boob job and does like 10 hours of crossfit a week.

Anyway, they had a second kid. Kid also has problems. Sigh.

Now, I don't think we should outright forbid people from having kids, but I do think we should have some sort of certification system in place, because god damn some people should just not have kids in their current mental or educational state.

Not to bring up an apples and oranges argument, but we have to get certified and/or educated to drive a car, own and shoot a gun, operate a business, operate heavy or specialized equipment...but nothing for kids?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

She still looks like rocket scientist compared to all those people who voted for Trump...

Burn!

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

"Well, nothing can be worse than the Tide Pod Challenge" said past-me...

*reads this*

"Sigh..."

@borninblood60 said:

Feel bad for agreeing with you, but yeah, sometimes I think this.

I have a friend and she is crazy. Her husband is cool, but also a little nuts. Now, I am no eugenicist, but they had a kid and this kid had tons of issues. I mean, literally allergic to everything except water. As the kid got older, she had learning issues and was diagnosed with a few things. Meanwhile, the mom is taking selfies, talking about what a great mom she is for dealing with her kids, and in every picture of "me and my sweet child" the mom is in most of the picture while the kid might be in a corner of it lol. Talk about narcissism. Claims about how she doesn't have time or money to take care of things, yet got a boob job and does like 10 hours of crossfit a week.

Anyway, they had a second kid. Kid also has problems. Sigh.

Now, I don't think we should outright forbid people from having kids, but I do think we should have some sort of certification system in place, because god damn some people should just not have kids in their current mental or educational state.

Not to bring up an apples and oranges argument, but we have to get certified and/or educated to drive a car, own and shoot a gun, operate a business, operate heavy or specialized equipment...but nothing for kids?

How would this certification system work? Especially for new parents, how do you know they're going to be bad parents if they haven't had kids yet?

Furthermore, what if someone has kids without getting the proper clearance? Do you send them to prison and leave their kids without ANY parents? Again, I have to point out that cars and guns and businesses can be either confiscated or shut down. Kids are PEOPLE. You can't just confiscate them and then put them down like dogs, so what the hell exactly is supposed to be done with all of the kids who are produced without the proper certification?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@MrGeezer: I was just talking about, idunno, some classes or something lol. Really basic stuff.

Penalties? No penalties. I'd rather provide incentives to people to get the certification (i.e. you get a gov't stipend for the first three years or something if you get certified). That should be more than enough motivation. I'm not trying to make this into a Big Brother-Dystopia kind of thing where The Man is going to snatch your kids due to "illegal breeding". This isn't the amazing "Fortress" movie starring Christopher Lambert :D Not going to send you 30 floors underground to serve out a sentence.

Anyway, I don't really feel this way, just talking out of my butt a little bit, like usual.