loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

We’ve all heard the statistics. More millennials live with their parents than with roommates. We are delaying partner-marrying and house-buying and kid-having for longer than any previous generation. And, according to The Olds, our problems are all our fault: We got the wrong degree. We spend money we don’t have on things we don’t need. We still haven’t learned to code. We killed cereal and department stores and golf and napkins and lunch. Mention “millennial” to anyone over 40 and the word “entitlement” will come back at you within seconds, our own intergenerational game of Marco Polo.

Read the Source

Poor millennials or entitled millennials? GS decide!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I eat cereal and have lunch and I'm not 40+.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I am millennial who owns my own place, has a steady, decent paying job which involves coding, don't have any student debt, and I play golf.

screw you, article!

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

More people believe the Baby Boomer generation (not all) was so greedy and incompetent and lacking forsight , that they messed it up for their kids and grandkids. Also remember, the FAR LEFT hippies of woodstock and peace loving flower sniffers would do a complete 180.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/05/why-the-boomers-are-the-most-hated-generation/276368/

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

marriage? ha! so if I buy a house and marry. then she says Im no good and keeps half of my things?

kids? hHahahHhah.. a kid = pay 30% of your salary to a woman for 2 decades then it turns up it wasnt your kid after all? or even if it was your kid you live like a slave working for 20 years to keep her and the kid both at home doing?

We are not screwed up. we are just smarter

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@pcmasterrace69 said:

marriage? ha! so if I buy a house and marry. then she says Im no good and keeps half of my things?

kids? hHahahHhah.. a kid = pay 30% of your salary to a woman for 2 decades then it turns up it wasnt your kid after all? or even if it was your kid you live like a slave working for 20 years to keep her and the kid both at home doing?

You're not really making a strong point with such poor grammar and composition. :-\

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Millenials are a mess

......and it's gonna be worse with the following generation. Just the way it is.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

Nobody are asking why?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12

@horgen said:

Nobody are asking why?

Because we all know its a bullshit article, and I doubt anyone has read it fully, its like a mini-novel.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Its obvious English isnt my first language. Yet its easy to understand what I meant.

Marriage and having kids are not worth it.

Even killing a man is easier on you depending on where you live

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@GTR12 said:
@horgen said:

Nobody are asking why?

Because we all know its a bullshit article, and I doubt anyone has read it fully, its like a mini-novel.

Took a look at it... Damn, worse than I thought actually.

It brings up a few good points it looks like. But hard to read.

Ok there are some examples. These are... Well time to put someone of the higher ups through the same scheme perhaps?

One of Batt’s papers found that employees lose up to 40 percent of their salary when they’re “re-classified” as contractors. In 2013, the city of Memphis reportedly cut wages from $15 an hour to $10 after it fired its school bus drivers and forced them to reapply through a staffing agency. Some Walmart “lumpers,” the warehouse workers who carry boxes from trucks to shelves, have to show up every morning but only get paid if there’s enough work for them that day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b173a489ba56
deactivated-5b173a489ba56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b173a489ba56
Member since 2017 • 367 Posts
@horgen said:

One of Batt’s papers found that employees lose up to 40 percent of their salary when they’re “re-classified” as contractors. In 2013, the city of Memphis reportedly cut wages from $15 an hour to $10 after it fired its school bus drivers and forced them to reapply through a staffing agency. Some Walmart “lumpers,” the warehouse workers who carry boxes from trucks to shelves, have to show up every morning but only get paid if there’s enough work for them that day.

Well that's making me feel better about my own job at least.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I googled millennials to see what it means and i still dont understand it. lol. Any way I'm 37 and 38 in jan and still live at home. Ive been wanting to move out for last 10 years but having health problems such as dialysis and kidney transplant i needed a bit of help. Any way this last 3 years have been worst and been wanting my own place more and more. In January i will be looking into getting my own place as living with mum and dad still is really getting me down.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AFBrat77

@skipper847:

You are Generation X

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Getting slammed for not getting married and/or kids is ridiculous. Marriage is worthless. When it comes to "having kids" and "moving away from parents house" I blame the job insecurity that has plagued most jobs for the last decade. ln my country you can hardly get a job with an effective contract. Our future is uncertain but lets not pretend society isn't at fault here

Previous generations could get secured jobs for life easier then newer generations, thus more security when moving from their parents house. I'm 30, I already lived out of my parents home for a couple of years but had to return because I didnt had a secure job. Now I'm saving the most I can to finaly be able to buy me a home... but it'll take a while

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

The western world's dominance is over because of these obnoxious millennials

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Yeah, boomers are the worst. They screw up the world with no regard for the generations that come after, then they blame it on the generations that come after. "Oh, you all live with roommates," yeah, maybe it's because we don't want to pay half our damn paychecks to rent, and you left us with a housing shortage that drove up rent prices to insane levels in most areas. "Oh, you killed X industry," yeah, maybe it's because our employer (run by boomers) doesn't pay us enough to buy [insert product we can get by without here] and we're trying to be frugal, ya know, like you keep telling us to. "Oh, you can't buy homes because you eat avocado toast," I thought we were killing the restaurant industry because we ate out too little, now you're saying we eat out too much?" Literally everything gets blamed on millennials. I was just reading an article today about how people who want to do away with medicare and social security are pretty much planning to pay out to the boomer generation, which is causing the crunch in the first place because it's so large, and cut benefits for the next generation, i.e. millennials who have already paid into the general fund to support the damn boomers in the first place. So we give away a portion of our paychecks all our lives to make sure boomers are well taken care of, and boomers take away those benefits after they've received them but before we have because they were such a big generation they destroyed the system. Oh, but we're the worst, right?

The one silver lining is that, in my experience, millennials are dedicated to making the world a better place and when they get to a point where they're not just trying to scrape by because the housing market is destroyed or college costs have exploded or jobs don't pay as much as they used to (thanks, boomers) they actually do put a lot of time and energy into making the world a better place. Yeah, we'll spend a lot of time trying to reverse all the damage the boomers did, but we'll come out the other end with a more well-functioning society.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

@themajormayor said:

The western world's dominance is over because of these obnoxious millennials

The decline and shift began in the 70's. Before millennials were born.

@stormcast said:
@horgen said:

Well that's making me feel better about my own job at least.

It mentions that the change came when the focus shifted from a long term investments in stocks to short term. Long term investments do better if the company is doing well over time. Important aspect for companies to do well over time is to have happy employees that wants to stay.

The decline of the job has its primary origins in the 1970s, with a million little changes the boomers barely noticed. The Federal Reserve cracked down on inflation. Companies started paying executives in stock options. Pension funds invested in riskier assets. The cumulative result was money pouring into the stock market like jet fuel. Between 1960 and 2013, the average time that investors held stocks before flipping them went from eight years to around four months. Over roughly the same period, the financial sector became a sarlacc pit encompassing around a quarter of all corporate profits and completely warping companies’ incentives.

The pressure to deliver immediate returns became relentless. When stocks were long-term investments, shareholders let CEOs spend money on things like worker benefits because they contributed to the company’s long-term health. Once investors lost the ability to look beyond the next earnings report, however, any move that didn’t boost short-term profits was tantamount to treason.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@loco145 said:

We’ve all heard the statistics. More millennials live with their parents than with roommates. We are delaying partner-marrying and house-buying and kid-having for longer than any previous generation. And, according to The Olds, our problems are all our fault: We got the wrong degree. We spend money we don’t have on things we don’t need. We still haven’t learned to code. We killed cereal and department stores and golf and napkins and lunch. Mention “millennial” to anyone over 40 and the word “entitlement” will come back at you within seconds, our own intergenerational game of Marco Polo.

Read the Source

But it is true that you and only you are in control of your own choices are you not? Every morning you wake up, you can make a variety of choices that will effect your future and there is only so much tolerance for bad choices until it takes you down the wrong path.

You can point your finger at anyone or anything you like but reality is not in your control rather you control how you interact with reality. It doesn't matter how bad the markets are doing, how many jobs are closing because that's not what dictates success and financial freedom. I started my own company as a senior in HS working at McD's. I don't have it now of course but it was a start and got me on my own but just saying you don't have to depend on anyone or anything else to taste success.

So from my perspective, forgive me when I see so many millennials that don't even try. I mean if a poor kid from Indiana, in HS before even graduating yet, being raised by a single mother can start a successful business, even if it was just for a decade, then any broke dick kid out there can do it. Short term or long term, there's no excuse to not try, to not think and plan ahead.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator

@pimphand_gamer said:
@loco145 said:

Read the Source

But it is true that you and only you are in control of your own choices are you not? Every morning you wake up, you can make a variety of choices that will effect your future and there is only so much tolerance for bad choices until it takes you down the wrong path.

You can point your finger at anyone or anything you like but reality is not in your control rather you control how you interact with reality. It doesn't matter how bad the markets are doing, how many jobs are closing because that's not what dictates success and financial freedom. I started my own company as a senior in HS working at McD's. I don't have it now of course but it was a start and got me on my own but just saying you don't have to depend on anyone or anything else to taste success.

So from my perspective, forgive me when I see so many millennials that don't even try. I mean if a poor kid from Indiana, in HS before even graduating yet, being raised by a single mother can start a successful business, even if it was just for a decade, then any broke dick kid out there can do it. Short term or long term, there's no excuse to not try, to not think and plan ahead.

When did you do this? The timing is everything. People who graduated between 2008-2012 could more or less be considered lost.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@AFBrat77: I cant even say it lol.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I think "Millenial articles" are great click-bait because it riles up millenials, and makes older generations feel good/better about themselves despite being part of who raised millenials.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

You could easily make the argument that this generation is forced to be more frugal due to the errors of the previous one. Minimum wage stayed the same, but inflation went up. Basic math.

As far as the kid having thing, I think it's becoming more socially acceptable to not have them. Think about how many parents from previous generations there are out there that were simply not fit parents at all, but had kids because they felt pressure to/ had an unplanned pregnancy. People STILL look at you sideways if you say you don't want kids. I know this because it's happened to me. At this point in my life, if you asked me whether or not I will ever want kids, the answer is no. Maybe that'll change some day but right now, it's a hard, HARD no. I don't think I'm cut out to be a dad, I value my free time, and the job I have, while okay as far as pay goes considering I'm in the customer service field, is nowhere near good enough to support a kid. People look at me sideways, but does it sound like a good idea for someone who doesn't want a kid, doesn't have the income to support a kid, and honestly enjoys free time too much to have a kid to have a kid??

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Video content pays loads for Millennials. I could never stream content people would pay to see. What kind of videos do you like? There is a millennial that does that.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GTR12

@horgen: "Hard to read" is an understatement, you have vertical scrolling and horizontal scrolling and the weird flip-book animation thrown in.

Its meant to be a semi-serious article, you cant even follow it.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: You'd be surprised. I never thought I was fit to be a father, as like you, I value my free time, having disposable income, etc.

It changes you though. I can safely say I'm not even the same person I was before having kids. Suddenly you're living for someone else rather than yourself, and surprisingly ok with it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 horgen  Moderator

@GTR12 said:

@horgen: "Hard to read" is an understatement, you have vertical scrolling and horizontal scrolling and the weird flip-book animation thrown in.

Hey snowflake, you can't have everything handed to you. :P

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GTR12

@horgen said:
@GTR12 said:

Hey snowflake, you can't have everything handed to you. :P

But my mum said not to take stuff from strangers, so I have to have it handed to me ;) ;p

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Nah, poor western society.

It's become a huge mess that extends further than just millennials. Instead of having great thinkers and philosophers, we have a bunch of idiots running the mainstream. You people all disappoint me and deserve the destruction of western civilization.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Y'all keep voting for more mass immigration over jobs. Well over a million new immigrants keep coming in every year, most from poor nations. And to plenty of them very low wages by our standards is a bonanza compared to where they came from. So wages never go up, haven't in decades except for your better white collar jobs, but the job market keeps getting more competitive. I for one think we're plenty multicultural already and have nothing left to prove. But the talking heads on tv (Owned by the very multinational corporations y'all claim to hate btw) keep convincing a large portion of the population that no amount is ever enough. Well, continuing to believe that will come at a cost: very low wages and lots of people with no jobs at all. Stop immigration and wages can start going up. Leave the floodgates open and your options keep deteriorating. Your choice.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AFBrat77

Funny thing is, Millenials completely forget that the majority of their parents aren't even Baby Boomers, they are from Generation X (1964 -1982). So, put the parenting blame on the right people.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

Y'all keep voting for more mass immigration over jobs. Well over a million new immigrants keep coming in every year, most from poor nations. And to plenty of them very low wages by our standards is a bonanza compared to where they came from. So wages never go up, haven't in decades except for your better white collar jobs, but the job market keeps getting more competitive. I for one think we're plenty multicultural already and have nothing left to prove. But the talking heads on tv (Owned by the very multinational corporations y'all claim to hate btw) keep convincing a large portion of the population that no amount is ever enough. Well, continuing to believe that will come at a cost: very low wages and lots of people with no jobs at all. Stop immigration and wages can start going up. Leave the floodgates open and your options keep deteriorating. Your choice.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/immigration/news/2013/08/29/73203/immigration-helps-american-workers-wages-and-job-opportunities/

http://time.com/4503313/immigration-wages-employment-economy-study/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/05/06/immigration-helps-american-workers-the-definitive-argument/?utm_term=.5e7cfffb4f8f

This is the kind of thing that gives me hope for the future. Millennials seem to not only see through all the lies people have told in order to smear minorities, but they see why those lies were told in the first place. They see people like you for what you are: toxic, selfish, small-minded bigots. It sincerely warms my heart to know that when people like you go around telling us to hate and fear other groups, we respond by embracing their humanity. We'll all be better off for it.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Heres my post from another website and I'll say it again.

I was born in the 1970's. I lived through the 80's and 90's. I saw what my grandparents had and I see what millennials have. An entire generation of wealth was stolen from the millennials.

My grandmother was born in 1919 on a kitchen table in a dirt floor shack in Kentucky. She had a 3rd grade education and she retired in 1981 with a full pension. She owned 3 homes and had thousands upon thousands in the bank. She had enough money to have her dream home built in Florida. She moved from Kentucky to Detroit. During WW2 she worked in a munitions factory. She made parts for the bombs that were dropped on Japan. After war she went on to work for Crystler. She was an inspector. She climbed in and out of trunks all day inspecting wiring.

My grandfather was at the invasion of Normandy in WW2. He was one of the first people to hit the ground at Omaha Beach. He had an 8th grade education. After the war he went to work at Crystler. He retired in 1986 with over a half million in the bank. He lived out his retirement at the crap tables in Las Vegas.

Over the last 40 years I watched everything my grandparents generation fought and worked for get systematically destroyed. This country was built on the backs of our grandparents and the rich stripped everything they could for themselves. They want to live the American dream but they think they don't have any responsibility to the country which allows them to do so.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wickerman777

@theone86 said:
@Wickerman777 said:

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/immigration/news/2013/08/29/73203/immigration-helps-american-workers-wages-and-job-opportunities/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/05/06/immigration-helps-american-workers-the-definitive-argument/?utm_term=.5e7cfffb4f8f

This is the kind of thing that gives me hope for the future. Millennials seem to not only see through all the lies people have told in order to smear minorities, but they see why those lies were told in the first place. They see people like you for what you are: toxic, selfish, small-minded bigots. It sincerely warms my heart to know that when people like you go around telling us to hate and fear other groups, we respond by embracing their humanity. We'll all be better off for it.

Yawn. Enjoy your parents' basement then, buddy. I don't want immigration from white countries either. We're full. Our jobs keep going overseas, people from overseas keep coming here. Something gotta give and it's giving like crazy. This whole feelings over math and common sense started with the hippie generation in the late 1960s and that's when American workers started getting worse off and when we started thinking spending more money than we have is a good idea. That all then accelerated like gangbusters in the 90s when immigration transformed into mass immigration, trade deals like NAFTA happened, China got welcomed into the WTO, etc. Situation for their workers got better, situation for ours got worse; give and take. If you're more concerned about people in India and Ecuador and Brazil and wherever than you are your friends, family, neighbors, and yourself then they're gonna keep getting better off and you're gonna keep getting worse off. And that's fine if you want it that way. Everyone gets a vote. But stop fucking whining when the politicians your heartstrings voted for do exactly what you asked them to.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

While it is basically a fact that this generation has it a bit tougher, the amount of people who try to use that as an excuse not to try is way too high. People can still succeed if they put the work in even when the odds are stacked against them. The main problem I see is that even kids coming out of college and getting good jobs are still stuck with $50k-$150k in debt that basically stalls their lives for years. I got a good job right out of college as a software engineer and while I can live comfortably, my loans put things like buying a house far out of reach for a few years. Not trying to complain as I feel very happy with my life, but some things are still much harder to do now than when my parents were my age.

@Wickerman777 said:
@theone86 said:
@Wickerman777 said:

Yawn. Enjoy your parents' basement then, buddy. I don't want immigration from white countries either. We're full. Our jobs keep going overseas, people from overseas keep coming here. Something gotta give and it's giving like crazy. This whole feelings over math and common sense started with the hippie generation in the late 1960s and that's when American workers started getting worse off and when we started getting into debt, etc. Y'all want to blame prior generations for your woes but each generation keeps doubling down on the puppies and butterflies bullshit. If you're more concerned about people in India and Ecuador and Brazil and wherever than you are your friends, family, neighbors, and yourself then their gonna keep getting better off and you're gonna keep getting worse off. And that's fine if you want it that way. Everyone gets a vote. But stop fucking whining when the politicians your heartstrings voted for do exactly what you asked them to.

Man he gave you actual facts and stats and you just folded and couldn't defend your point and instead just spewed what can only be considered as nonsense. Was really fun to watch lol. You literally can't back up any one of those points with facts.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wickerman777

@Nick3306 said:

While it is basically a fact that this generation has it a bit tougher, the amount of people who try to use that as an excuse not to try is way too high. People can still succeed if they put the work in even when the odds are stacked against them. The main problem I see is that even kids coming out of college and getting good jobs are still stuck with $50k-$150k in debt that basically stalls their lives for years. I got a good job right out of college as a software engineer and while I can live comfortably, my loans put things like buying a house far out of reach for a few years. Not trying to complain as I feel very happy with my life, but some things are still much harder to do now than when my parents were my age.

@Wickerman777 said:
@theone86 said:
@Wickerman777 said:

Yawn. Enjoy your parents' basement then, buddy. I don't want immigration from white countries either. We're full. Our jobs keep going overseas, people from overseas keep coming here. Something gotta give and it's giving like crazy. This whole feelings over math and common sense started with the hippie generation in the late 1960s and that's when American workers started getting worse off and when we started getting into debt, etc. Y'all want to blame prior generations for your woes but each generation keeps doubling down on the puppies and butterflies bullshit. If you're more concerned about people in India and Ecuador and Brazil and wherever than you are your friends, family, neighbors, and yourself then their gonna keep getting better off and you're gonna keep getting worse off. And that's fine if you want it that way. Everyone gets a vote. But stop fucking whining when the politicians your heartstrings voted for do exactly what you asked them to.

Man he gave you actual facts and stats and you just folded and couldn't defend your point and instead just spewed what can only be considered as nonsense. Was really fun to watch lol. You literally can't back up any one of those points with facts.

Are you kidding me? I didn't read his links or even click on them. It's a big internet. I could find a kzillion links that back up my perspective if I wanted to as well.

I get a kick out of millennials thinking they can have it all. You think you can improve the lives of everyone in the world without losing anything you have, lol. That's a fantasy.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:
@Nick3306 said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@theone86 said:

Are you kidding me? I didn't read his links or even click on them. It's a big internet. I could find a kzillion links that back up my perspective if I wanted to as well.

So you are ignoring facts and scientific studies? Man, you are incredible lmao. You couldn't even come within a mile of giving links to actual facts and studies like he did, that is why you haven't done it. You're not fooling anyone.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wickerman777

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-clinton-immigration-economy-unemployment-jobs-214216

I'm not going to bother looking for more. You know how to use google. We could trade links all day. There are articles all over the place arguing both conclusions.

I also have my own life experience to pull from. There's a large meat packing plant nearby here. 20 years ago the starting wage there was $9.00 per hour. None of the old employees are there anymore. It is now staffed entirely by Guatemalans and the starting wage has dropped to $7.50 per hour. 20 freakin' years and the starting wage went DOWN. If immigration makes jobs better then why the hell didn't the wages there go up?

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

@theone86: also don't forget boomers are hypocritical in addition to not caring about their kids/grandkids' future.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

What generation am I? I'm 30. I've been told that I'm GenX and I've been told I'm a millennial.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

@loco145 said:

We’ve all heard the statistics. More millennials live with their parents than with roommates. We are delaying partner-marrying and house-buying and kid-having for longer than any previous generation...

I have no problem with this. It is slowing our problem on over population.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Yeah still with my parents. I wonder if many of the people between 18-30 are still without boyfriend/girlfriend/partner. I'm still alone and I get the feeling being alone is much more popular today than it used to be. Or maybe I should say, that starting a relationship is not as much of a given as it used to be. When I think of getting into a relationship I start weighing ups and downs and it's not a sure thing that I even want to. So the motivation to go on dates with people is pretty low. I only feel lonely like once a year and I know people who are in a relationship who still feel lonely now and then.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GTR12

@plageus900 said:

What generation am I? I'm 30. I've been told that I'm GenX and I've been told I'm a millennial.

I think if you were born after 1985, you're a millennial, in which case so am I, being 28.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@GTR12: Ah. Well I guess I'm going against the millennial grain; left home at 18, bought a house at 28.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@loco145 said:

Read the Source

the exact same rant that was given about my generation, X-Gen. word for friggin word

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AFBrat77

@multiplat:

The whining millenials (not all) should stop placing the blame on ALL (you made a sweeping statement) baby boomers as if they are responsible for millenials failng to be responsible. And don't blame parenting, most parents of millenials are not even boomers as I stated before.

And I agree with the guy who says we need to curb mass immigration into the U.S., that's one of the very few things Trump got right (just not as heavy handed as he originally proposed) and Obama screwed up on. Many Millenials are just idealistically naive when it comes to this. Millenials have a lot more information at a younger age (mostly thanks to boomers) but they aren't any smarter than any previous generation, they just think they are.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

I know people over 40 who live like that.

It would seem generalizations don't really mean much.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@multiplat said:

More people believe the Baby Boomer generation (not all) was so greedy and incompetent and lacking forsight , that they messed it up for their kids and grandkids. Also remember, the FAR LEFT hippies of woodstock and peace loving flower sniffers would do a complete 180.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/05/why-the-boomers-are-the-most-hated-generation/276368/

"time is money man"

on topic. i know mills that are the complete opposite of the stereotype and some that match it to a T.

and no, i don't think they're screwed.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@multiplat:

The whining millenials (not all) should stop placing the blame on ALL (you made a sweeping statement) baby boomers as if they are responsible for millenials failng to be responsible. And don't blame parenting, most parents of millenials are not even boomers as I stated before.

And I agree with the guy who says we need to curb mass immigration into the U.S., that's one of the very few things Trump got right (just not as heavy handed as he originally proposed) and Obama screwed up on. Many Millenials are just idealistically naive when it comes to this. Millenials have a lot more information at a younger age (mostly thanks to boomers) but they aren't any smarter than any previous generation, they just think they are.

EXACTLY word for word what was said about my generation X-Gen.

EXACTLY the same thing the Greatest Generation said about the hippy generation (which is boomers)

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@pcmasterrace69 said:

are you?