Migraines are the worst anybody here get them?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I suffered from Migraines for a long time especially growing up it got to the point where they made me get physically sick it was hell does anybody here experience them?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I don't suffer from migraines but I get killer headaches if I don't get my coffee fix, especially when I'm traveling. I get bad ones before it rains/snows as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@SOedipus said:

I don't suffer from migraines but I get killer headaches if I don't get my coffee fix, especially when I'm traveling. I get bad ones before it rains/snows as well.

Man I get this too it's the worst.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@warmblur: I used to suffer from migraines when I was younger, in my late teens and early twenties, again in my late twenties. Each bout of migraines lasted over a month on a daily basis and then went away.

Like you, I would sometimes vomit, but I never saw the white spots of light that some see.

I have not had them for over a decade now but it might be because I found my trigger, bright sunlight. I realised this because my migraines often appear in winter when I was going to school, driving or walking to train stations when the sun is very bright. (yes in the UK you get this deceptive bright sun in the mornings during winter sometimes).

As a result, I have over 20 pairs of prescription sunglasses now, I wear them when I go outside.

Perhaps make a diary of what you eat and drink, there could be a simple trigger or combination that causes your migraines. I hear cheese causes migraine for some people.

Additionally, go and get your eyes checked out. Glaucoma causes migraines that's a build-up of pressure in your eyeballs. Your local optician will be able to test this easily.

As for therapeutic, I found nothing worked particularly well, paracetamols, ibuprofen or codeine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@kadin_kai said:

@warmblur: I used to suffer from migraines when I was younger, in my late teens and early twenties, again in my late twenties. Each bout of migraines lasted over a month on a daily basis and then went away.

Like you, I would sometimes vomit, but I never saw the white spots of light that some see.

I have not had them for over a decade now but it might be because I found my trigger, bright sunlight. I realised this because my migraines often appear in winter when I was going to school, driving or walking to train stations when the sun is very bright. (yes in the UK you get this deceptive bright sun in the mornings during winter sometimes).

As a result, I have over 20 pairs of prescription sunglasses now, I wear them when I go outside.

Perhaps make a diary of what you eat and drink, there could be a simple trigger or combination that causes your migraines. I hear cheese causes migraine for some people.

Additionally, go and get your eyes checked out. Glaucoma causes migraines that's a build-up of pressure in your eyeballs. Your local optician will be able to test this easily.

As for therapeutic, I found nothing worked particularly well, paracetamols, ibuprofen or codeine.

Thanks for sharing I'm glad you found out what is triggering your migraines. I have had my eyes checked out and everything looks fine which is great but unfortunately I haven't found a solution to permanently get rid of them. I use to get migraines in my temples it went away but in the last 5 years I started getting pain in my eyes that feels just like a migraine and it can last all day. All the eye doctors I been to say my eyes look healthy but dry I tried eye drops and a bunch of different meds unfortunately nothing has permanently got rid of them yet.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Sounds like sinuses as a change in colder temps and precipitation can really set them off in some people.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I get them pretty bad, they will start small in the morning and by 2am I'm either in an Ambulance or Vomiting heavily in the shower. Sometimes they stay small though.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I don't think they're migraines that I experience but, what's strange about me is that if I sleep all through the night without waking up once, I actually wake up with a headache that lasts for the entire day until I sleep again that night. Painkillers don't help either. I've had it for years and it doesn't seem like anything to be overly worried about.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I've had two. Both were preceded by loss of central vision (there's no black hole, you just can't see what you're looking at, it's weird) and vibrating neon ribbons in my peripheral. About 15 minutes after that, I am on the floor vomiting. It sucks.

First was in 2000 and the second in 2006, so it's not a chronic condition I live with. Feel terribly for anyone who does.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I get a migraine about every week.

Have been since I was little.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#11 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Not very often but are painful hate it when it happens if I was working

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

The last time I had a migraine was after my car accident back in March of 2018. Someone rammed the back of my car and I got whiplash from hell. A couple days later, I woke up with the absolute worst headache I've ever had. My vision was fuzzy and it nearly caused me to vomit. It lessened after taking some tylenol, but it only stopped completely after I went to my chiropractor that day.

I can't imagine having migraines chronically. They're brutal and crippling.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

one time and it hit me like bricks

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I used to get them regularly. Like 2-3 times a week from when I was 18 till around 40. Then they just went away, thank God! They were bad enough in the beginning to keep me bedridden. Then Imitrex came out and it was a godsend. Take one of them as I felt the migraine come on and in 20 minutes, gone. Changed my life.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Don't often get migraines. Used to get them more when I was little. I think eating healthier is one factor that got rid of my migraines.

I remember my primary teacher said she has never had a migraine in her life. Absolute ballocks I tell ya