PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/12/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

What does everybody think about the shooting and riots?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

It's pretty stupid to tear up your own neighborhood in protest.

But cops are out of control. Some of them are little cowards hiding behind a badge and a gun

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I don't fucking care.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

The media is trying to whip up racial tensions, this is just the beginning in the social unrest as the militarisation of the police continues until martial law is declared in the major cities.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PurpleLabel

@seahorse123 said:

The media is trying to whip up racial tensions, this is just the beginning in the social unrest as the militarisation of the police continues until martial law is declared in the major cities.

Don't bring your "globalist" tin-foil bullshit into this thread please.

@Nuck81 What is the side of the story you've heard and believe in? I've heard so many different versions, my head is spinning.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 seahorse123

@purplelabel: Most moronic closed minded member of gamespot on here congrats. My opinion is my opinion deal with it.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4218 Posts

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

@Nuck81 What is the side of the story you've heard and believe in? I've heard so many different versions, my head is spinning.

But he never said anything about globalists or globalism. He was talking about something completely different.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleLabel

@outworld222 said:

@purplelabel said:

@seahorse123 said:

But he never said anything about globalists or globalism. He was talking about something completely different.

He is though. It comes out in every thread.

Anyways, back to the thread, what is everybody's version of what happened?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@seahorse123 said:

Yeah, that will totally happen.

/sarcasm

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

There should be a thorough investigation of the shooting and those responsible be brought to justice. And that is that.

Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

I'll wait until the investigations are complete before I pass judgment.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@seahorse123 said:

Certain cities, like Detroit, need Martial Law.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seahorse123

@Master_Live: No doubt it will take 4 years to here the result which will be- the officer murdered him.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Live

@thegerg said:

@Master_Live said:

There should be a thorough investigation of the shooting and those responsible be brought to justice. And that is that.

What if those responsible did nothing wrong? What kind of "justice" should they be brought to?

Street justice.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Live

@thegerg said:

@Master_Live said:

@thegerg said:

@Master_Live said:

What if those responsible did nothing wrong? What kind of "justice" should they be brought to?

Street justice.

Haha, I wonder what that entails.

Ha, let your imagination run wild gerg.

No but really, what I meant was that if there were any wrong doing that party should be brought to justice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@thegerg said:

@Master_Live said:

@thegerg said:

@Master_Live said:

Street justice.

Haha, I wonder what that entails.

Probably this

Cops in full military riot gear pointing their guns at any ethnic person they see

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PurpleLabel

I just don't understand why people have to riot and loot. It never seems to ever happen when any other race is involved?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@purplelabel said:

I just don't understand why people have to riot and loot. It never seems to ever happen when any other race is involved?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah. Wrong wrong wrong.

Rioting isn't race specific. Try harder.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleLabel

@Shottayouth13- said:

@purplelabel said:

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah. Wrong wrong wrong.

Give me examples that are in the same situation as this?

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

American police killing killing people who shouldn't be getting killed as usual. F*** them. RIP Michael.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
@Master_Live said:

Doesn't typically happen when police are involved. They haven't even taken a witness statement yet from the friend who witnessed everything.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Master_Live

@lamprey263 said:
@Master_Live said:

Doesn't typically happen when police are involved. They haven't even taken a witness statement yet from the friend who witnessed everything.

What happened to hope and change. This time will be different.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PurpleLabel

@lamprey263 said:
@Master_Live said:

I like how the youth always seem to view the police as these evil people out to get people, until they need the police themselves, then they're angels.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

@Master_Live said:

"brought to justice" implies wrongdoing. we don't know for sure if there was any wrongdoing

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised if people on "da streetz" are talking shit about what happened. It's pretty common to hate police officers and tar them whenever possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

This is indeed tragic if the face value of the situation is true.. But WTF is with the rioting and looting, are they fvcking dumbasses? Any national support they had in protest towards the police force was thrown out when these jackasses decided to start looting..

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

A few things:

1.) The police are out of control and need someone to slap some sense into them. A civilian is treated one way while L.E. another. The excuse about why the name of the police officer involved can not be named is b.s. Civilians don't get that luxury. In my opinion it shows someone involved with the L.E. is swine.

2.) The actions of the blacks were predictable. Although their frustration is warranted, acting like lawless morons is not the answer. It won't help their cause.

3.) I never thought the day would come when I actual root against the police but now I do because we've seen police act lawlessly far too often.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Being European my views on the matter are probably somewhat biased regarding the US police force and the riot. For instance the picture above with the police. To me those aren't cops, they look like soldiers about to head out onto a battlefield and "Protect and Serve" is not the message I get from that sight. But again, I'm not used to that sight.

What I will say however is, you really need to sort stuff out over there cause it's not exactly showing the country in any positive light outside of your borders.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PurpleLabel

@l34052 said:

Only good cop is a dead one. People need to rise up against them all and fight back, they aint the only ones with guns....

A revolutions is comin, you can only shit on people for so long before somethin gives then its all she wrote.

Good news is you probably won't make it to 30 with that attitude.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@l34052 said:

Only good cop is a dead one. People need to rise up against them all and fight back, they aint the only ones with guns....

A revolutions is comin, you can only shit on people for so long before somethin gives then its all she wrote.

i hope that happens so idiots like yourself can join the dead idiot in your picture

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#35 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@purplelabel: The link is not working for me

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
@Solaryellow said:

A few things:

1.) The police are out of control and need someone to slap some sense into them. A civilian is treated one way while L.E. another. The excuse about why the name of the police officer involved can not be named is b.s. Civilians don't get that luxury. In my opinion it shows someone involved with the L.E. is swine.

2.) The actions of the blacks were predictable. Although their frustration is warranted, acting like lawless morons is not the answer. It won't help their cause.

3.) I never thought the day would come when I actual root against the police but now I do because we've seen police act lawlessly far too often.

If a civilian receives death threats, proper measures are taken to make sure that the threats are dealt with. In the officer's situation, this is the best way of dealing with death threats. What's bullshit about death threats? If African American families threatened your life, you would cry like a baby and run to the police, asking them to protect you...

Or are you going to pretend to be an internet bad ass and act like the police have no justification in their decision?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
@purplelabel said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

@purplelabel said:

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah. Wrong wrong wrong.

Give me examples that are in the same situation as this?

Vancouver riots in 2011 after they lost in the Stanley Cup finals to Boston. Same thing happened in 1994. Heck, just about every derby match in European soccer you'll have rioting and hooliganism. The match with Bastia vs. Marseille last weekend had 40+ cops injured. These are mostly white people, too.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@Treflis said:

Being European my views on the matter are probably somewhat biased regarding the US police force and the riot. For instance the picture above with the police. To me those aren't cops, they look like soldiers about to head out onto a battlefield and "Protect and Serve" is not the message I get from that sight. But again, I'm not used to that sight.

What I will say however is, you really need to sort stuff out over there cause it's not exactly showing the country in any positive light outside of your borders.

The police have become quite militarized and their para-military raids are quite ubiquitous; about 45,000 SWAT raids every year - that's 124 homes a night.

Another Day, Another 124 Violent SWAT Raids: https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/another-day-another-124-violent-swat-raids

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 seahorse123

@Treflis: The police will eventually become the military, police forces are already buying armoured vehicles on mass and stock piling bullets and are being trained to see the public as the enemy. I saw video of the 'police' on top of armoured vehicles with snipers with red dots pointing at peaceful protesters chests with live ammo, what is this China?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#40 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

If initial police reports are accurate, the shooting -- from the reasonable officer standard -- can be argued as justifiable. Protesting a shooting, no matter how tragic, by destroying local third party businesses and stealing only showcases clear ignorance and a clear lack of respect of authority/others.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@purplelabel said:

@lamprey263 said:
@Master_Live said:

I like how the youth always seem to view the police as these evil people out to get people, until they need the police themselves, then they're angels.

I'm not saying that all cops are crooked cops, but the ones that are have the benefit of avoiding accountability on every level from their own internal affairs turning a blind eye, to prosecutors refusing to take on cases, from grand juries refusing to indict. "Investigations" do little but sweep the problem under the rug for months or years until they're well out of peoples minds before rendering their predetermined judgment of no wrongdoing.

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts
Loading Video...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

sad if this was true, but I can't imagine someone shooting another person for no reason, especially when it's a cop

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

AMERICA! Where (from any report I have read) a young man can be killed for no fucking reason, and the police can retaliate against peaceful protesters with rubber bullets and tear gas! The live stream tonight was sickening. Shameful situation.

awesome3496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 awesome3496
Member since 2008 • 2209 Posts

Both sides are handled this the wrong way.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

If they're gonna protest then protest if they are gonna riot then riot but do it against the police, why vandalise and loot businesses, they are basically using the death of this guy as an excuse to openly steal things.

Say I never hear on the news that a unarmed white guy has been shot it's always a black guy, is it just that it's not big news? Or is it that it just doesn't happen?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SaintLeonidas

My god, how pathetic and incompetent the Ferguson police force is; after "ordering" everyone (including news crews) to stop filming their transgressions they even went as far as to do this (pic below) - after tear gassing peaceful protesters (yes PEACEFUL, the whole event was live streamed), including this Al Jazeera film crew, they went about trying to dismantle and confiscate their equipment as the reports fled the gas:

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SaintLeonidas

Apparently, when you are white and protest you can carry guns and aim them at law enforcement officials, and gets your way - as happened at the Bundy Ranch:

But if you are black and protesting peacefully in the streets, unarmed, the guns get pointed at you...followed by tear gas and arrests... (first picture Bundy Ranch, last two from Ferguson...)

Black_Alpha_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Black_Alpha_G
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

Video of peaceful protest being met with teargas and rubber bullets.