MIB (Men in Black) International wins the box office weekend but opens up with the lowest numbers!

#1 Posted by DaVillain- (37424 posts) -
  1. Men in Black: International - $28.5 Million (new release)
  2. The Secret Life of Pets 2 - $23.8 Million
  3. Aladdin - $16.7 Million
  4. Dark Phoenix - $9.0 Million
  5. Rocketman - $8.8 Million
  6. Shaft - $8.3 Million (new release)
  7. Godzilla: King of the Monsters - $8.1 Million
  8. John Wick 3 - $6.1 Million
  9. Late Night - $5.3 Million
  10. Ma - $3.6 Million
  11. Avengers: Endgame - $3,517,000
  12. The Dead Don't Die: - $2.3 Million (new release)

(I added 2 more to the top 10 because The Dead Don't Die came in 12 and is a new release and more recognize due to it's advertising)

Didn't see anything and I'm more shock MIB International flop and Chris Hemsworth still can't get anything going outside of Thor, which is a shame, MIB 1,2,3 were worth watching because it had Smith & Jones in it. Never got into Shaft movies, and The Dead Don't Die should have been at 10. So people are just flat out not wanting to watch these movies? This is a dead Summer if I ever saw one.

June 14-16 mojo's box office weekend

#2 Edited by Horgen (120869 posts) -

MIB International I have barely seen a trailer for it and that one didn't leave the best impression. Not so surprised really.

#3 Edited by dzimm (5509 posts) -

Hollywood stopped making movies to entertain and instead tries to use them as a vehicle for spreading liberal indoctrination. Even low-info morons don't want to pay to watch that crap.

#4 Edited by DEVILinIRON (4926 posts) -

@dzimm: Nah, I think it's because the movie looked bad in general. Not because the lead was female.

#5 Posted by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

I didn’t even know a new MIB existed until I saw some of my conservative news feeds commenting on how the female lead is complaining about the franchise’s sexist title. She thinks it should be called ‘Human’ or ‘Person’ in Black. Apparently she’s some sort of marketing expert.

#6 Posted by foxhound_fox (98011 posts) -

Kind of surprised that the social justice league didn't get all over them for using "Men" in Black and not "People" in Black.

#7 Posted by Serraph105 (33959 posts) -

I'm not particularly surprised about MIB's low box office either to be honest. It didn't look bad, just kind of forgettable aside from Chris Hemsworth being in it not much else stood out. I may see it one day, but I doubt it will be in theaters. Also, I think Disney kind of got everyone's money a little too recently with Aladdin for yet another summer blockbuster flick to do it all over again.

There's some statistics for how many movies the average person goes to see each year and while I don't remember the exact number (I think it was 5) and if that's still accurate then anyone who has seen three movies in the theater this year probably feels like they've already been to the movies a ton lately. With Avengers Endgame and Captain Marvel both making a billion dollars at the Box Office then we can assume that there are already a lot of people who have seen at least 2 movies and probably a 3rd somewhere along the way. For me Aladdin was the 6th movie as I saw Happy Death Day 2, How Train your Dragon 3, Missing Link and the two Marvel movies. I guess I tend to go to movies more than the average person. I would probably go less if my wife didn't enjoy going so much. I'd probably just get a larger tv to go with my surround sound and watch more movies at home, but happy wife happy life and all that.

#8 Posted by Serraph105 (33959 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Kind of surprised that the social justice league didn't get all over them for using "Men" in Black and not "People" in Black.

Xforce!

#9 Posted by dzimm (5509 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

"People of Color"