Merry Christmas OT!

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

10357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10357 Posts

How are you celebrating under these unprecedented conditions?

I'm having lunch (chicken with filling) with my parents. Might watch a Christmas movie afterwards and play some games.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

43580

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 43580 Posts

Merry Christmas.

Avatar image for sancho_panzer
Sancho_Panzer

1544

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1544 Posts

Merry Christmas to you too, and the rest of OT!

I dropped plans to visit family in the UK last week on a hunch things were about to get messy with travel. Definitely dodged a bullet there, lol. Now I'm roasting turkey in plum sauce, reading, listening to music, chatting with relatives online - that kind of thing. Quiet one.

We've got the first snow of the season slated for this evening, which is cute, so I figure I'll go into town and see the lights, maybe stop by and see family too if it doesn't fall too late. No rush though. :)

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

124678

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124678 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I celebrated with son, his mom, and my parents. 5 people is the limit for gatherings here.

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

6075

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6075 Posts

Merry Christmas!

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

10357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10357 Posts

@sancho_panzer said:

Merry Christmas to you too, and the rest of OT!

I dropped plans to visit family in the UK last week on a hunch things were about to get messy with travel. Definitely dodged a bullet there, lol. Now I'm roasting turkey in plum sauce, reading, listening to music, chatting with relatives online - that kind of thing. Quiet one.

We've got the first snow of the season slated for this evening, which is cute, so I figure I'll go into town and see the lights, maybe stop by and see family too if it doesn't fall too late. No rush though. :)

Yeah I hear health security screening has been tightened in the UK due the new covid variant. But your Christmas doesn't sound too bad. Sometimes we just got to take it easy.

Sadly, there's no snow predicted in the immediate future for my corner of Europe. It's not often I get to see snow during Christmas days.

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

10357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10357 Posts
@horgen said:

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I celebrated with son, his mom, and my parents. 5 people is the limit for gatherings here.

To be honest I didn't mind spending Christmas just with my parents. It felt more laid back and casual.

Avatar image for brimmul777
brimmul777

4722

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4722 Posts

Everyone have a Safe and Happy New Year and peace fill your home. God Blessing to All.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6634

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6634 Posts

Merry X-mas.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

12890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12890 Posts

Merry Christmas!!!

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

513

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 513 Posts

Merry Christmas all, I’m working today, will be celebrating with my girlfriend, brother and his fam and our parents tomorrow.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

172102

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 172102 Posts

Merry Christmas. Just hanging out with the family. We watched Die Hard last night.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

124678

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124678 Posts

@johnd13 said:
@horgen said:

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I celebrated with son, his mom, and my parents. 5 people is the limit for gatherings here.

To be honest I didn't mind spending Christmas just with my parents. It felt more laid back and casual.

Oh I don't mind it at all. I still have no idea how to make the food taste anywhere near as good as my mom does.

On the other hand there is a border separating my brother and his family from us. I hoped he could visit us, but no that isn't possible atm.

Avatar image for speeny
Speeny

2777

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 4

#14 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2777 Posts

Merry Christmas.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
Ezekiel43

3807

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 3807 Posts

Planning to watch Die Hard tonight. Not because of Christmas. That's just coincidence. No, because I've only watched my 4K once since 2020/12/3 and I haven't listened to the original matrixed 2.0 soundtrack yet.

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

10357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10357 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Planning to watch Die Hard tonight. Not because of Christmas. That's just coincidence. No, because I've only watched my 4K once since 2020/12/3 and I haven't listened to the original matrixed 2.0 soundtrack yet.

I wanted to watch Die Hard as well. It's been many years since the last time I saw it and wanted to inform myself in order to take a stance on the "is Die Hard a Christmas movie" debate. Unfortunately, it wasn't on Netflix so I ended up watching The Christmas Chronicles. Not a particularly good movie.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
Ezekiel43

3807

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 3807 Posts

@johnd13 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Planning to watch Die Hard tonight. Not because of Christmas. That's just coincidence. No, because I've only watched my 4K once since 2020/12/3 and I haven't listened to the original matrixed 2.0 soundtrack yet.

I wanted to watch Die Hard as well. It's been many years since the last time I saw it and wanted to inform myself in order to take a stance on the "is Die Hard a Christmas movie" debate. Unfortunately, it wasn't on Netflix so I ended up watching The Christmas Chronicles. Not a particularly good movie.

Disney wants you to watch Die Hard on Hulu.

Avatar image for mandzilla
mandzilla

4686

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Merry Christmas all.

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

6075

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#19 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6075 Posts

I saw a Christmas Story for the first time, last night.