Matrix vs John wick trilogy. Which keanue Reeves movie is better?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

Poll: Matrix vs John wick trilogy. Which keanue Reeves movie is better? (24 votes)

Matrix 54%
John wick 46%

Hello friends,

No Caption Provided

So with the recent announcement of both Matrix 4 and John wick 4 coming in same day. we decide to discuss which keanu movie was best. and which is better as trilogy so lets discuss shall we?

so out of both franchsie. which one you feel is better?

well for me, no matter how amazing Matrix 1 was, its sequels just suck and they didnot have charm the original had. but i still quite like thier action scenes but Matrix 1 was masterpiece shows the journey of Mr anderson to become the one.

John wick 1 on other hand is best movie i have ever seen. here keannu looks better than he looks in matrix, the gunfu action scenes are better and he is the one here instead of teaming up with Morpheus and trinity. then its sequels are again excellent or even get better in a terms of action scenes. infact its only movie franchise where each and every part is amazing.

storywise no doubt Matrix 1 is better than any of John wick but 2 and 3 again suck.

so my friends, which trilogy you prefer? lets vote and discuss

• 
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 2833 Posts

You can really only account for the first Matrix film and then the rest of them are shit.

John Wick has at least been consistent with its quality in the sequels.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29225 Posts

While I certainly enjoyed the John Wick movies my favourite of the two trilogies would be The Matrix.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37116 Posts

The one where he's internet Jesus and love conquers all.

Still prefer Dark City though.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9920 Posts

John Wick is very entertaining but The Matrix is more groundbreaking and iconic. Despite the subpar sequels.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 2142 Posts

You made this thread already.

Anyway, Matrix 1, 2 and 3 are all better than John Wick.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40070 Posts

I prefer Keanu Reeves Matrix Trilogy cause they have been part of sci-fi pop culture for years, they had video games, an anime, and we're getting a new Matrix movie soon so yeah, Matrix gets my vote and while I enjoy John Wick films, nothing comes closer to Matrix's level. And besides, he's going to be Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077 which is as close to Matrix as they come.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3810 Posts

Matrix

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2179 Posts

Matrix, I don't know too much about John Wick. I think I learned and start noticing about John Wick when the third movie came out.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2880 Posts

matrix

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37116 Posts

@davillain- said:

I prefer Keanu Reeves Matrix Trilogy cause they have been part of sci-fi pop culture for years, they had video games, an anime, and we're getting a new Matrix movie soon so yeah, Matrix gets my vote and while I enjoy John Wick films, nothing comes closer to Matrix's level. And besides, he's going to be Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077 which is as close to Matrix as they come.

I think the problem with the John Wick movie, the first movie had a really simple premise, and it works in the context of that. Basic revenge story like 90% of the old Shaw Brothers movies, one and done.

When you try to elongate that simple premise out to 4 movies, the simplicity starts works against it, all that speculator action becomes numbing.

Matrix has the opposite problem, first movie, simple, then it turns into a cluster-**** of nonsense.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45413 Posts

John Wick for sure.

Not only is it a better made (imo) movie series, but the action sequences are a lot more fun. It also doesn't sniff its own farts and gets all high and mighty and start sending messages that ultimately make no sense.

Matrix 1 was pretty sweet, though; a shame the quality went downhill in the second and third. I still enjoyed them, however.

@jaydan said:

You can really only account for the first Matrix film and then the rest of them are shit.

John Wick has at least been consistent with its quality in the sequels.

Totally, the John Wick series has been solid throughout. I enjoyed the continuity with a lot of the characters as well; we got to see the same hotel concierge guy (who I thought was great), we got to see the owner of the hotel all the way through, and Lawrence Fishburne's character as well. It wasn't just three movies that were sort of related, it was three movies that almost happened all in a row and we got a lot of closure with a lot of characters.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45413 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Out of all the sci-fi "messiah" movies, Dark City is still my favorite. That movie is close to 20 years old and it still blows my mind.

When they break through the wall and it turns out they're just floating in space?! Holy shitballs.

Sadly it seems like no one has seen it :( Great cast, too; William Hurt, Jennifer Connely (before she got super famous), Rufus something-or-other, Sutherland.

*correction: it's over 20 years old.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11490 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

You made this thread already.

Anyway, Matrix 1, 2 and 3 are all better than John Wick.

matrix 2 and 3 are better than john wick?? come on.

everyone knows how bad matrix 2 and 3 were. they made neo a superman who flies.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6753 Posts

John Wick because its consistent. Matrix only have 1 good movie and a very decent anime short movie.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6753 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Neo was internet messiah.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40070 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Out of all the sci-fi "messiah" movies, Dark City is still my favorite. That movie is close to 20 years old and it still blows my mind.

When they break through the wall and it turns out they're just floating in space?! Holy shitballs.

Sadly it seems like no one has seen it :( Great cast, too; William Hurt, Jennifer Connely (before she got super famous), Rufus something-or-other, Sutherland.

Such an underrated and overlooked sci-fi movie. A worthy companion piece to The Matrix - both thematically and visually.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 15546 Posts

Matrix trilogy? there is only 1 matrix movie.

Anyway the matrix is better than all 3 john wick movies but the Wicks are still good fun and worth a look.

i had written the JW series off as a bit of a Taken knock off but i watched all 3 when 3 came out and enjoyed them quite a bit.

the dogs in 3....brilliant :D.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79707 Posts

I wasn't expecting the poll to be half and half... I thought John Wick would win by a considerable amount... Don't get me wrong, I love the Matrix movies, but really, the sequels were a mess. Reloaded was at least enjoyable on an action level, but Revolution really overdid it. But, with John Wick 3, I felt it's beginning to overstay is welcome. I honestly hope they wrap it up with the fourth, because this franchise does not need to be following the same story through four movies. If they want to make a new John Wick after this... at least give him a new assignment, not keep battling the High Table.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1880 Posts

@davillain- said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Such an underrated and overlooked sci-fi movie. A worthy companion piece to The Matrix - both thematically and visually.

Yep, I had always thought of the matrix as a very unique and revolutionary movie until I saw dark city which was actually released a year prior.

Anyway, I think the matrix trilogy is by far superior to the John Wick series. Sure the sequels to the Matrix dwindled a bit - particularly in the plot lines, but so too did the Jock Wick series.

John Wick just felt to me like a light-hearted action flick which became increasingly implausible all the way to just downright ridiculous whereas the Matrix seemed very profound to me - almost like a documentary.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 214

#20 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14041 Posts

Matrix. It's more iconic.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36364 Posts

I only liked the first Matrix movie and even that is a bit dated, the whereas I loved each John Wick film so far. John Wick is the better series IMO.

Solspear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solspear
Member since 2015 • 62 Posts

I can't wait for Neo to be reborn as.... Nea! :V HAH