Maryland mall shooting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/us/3-reported-dead-in-maryland-mall-shooting.html?_r=0

3 reported dead including the shooter and 4 injured. Happened today around 11:15am.

Geez, it seems like this stuff is way too common now and it barely shocks people.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Sad, I know where that is.. Just too common

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

This is news? I thought gunfire was a form of greeting in America.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

It's pretty bad that a shooting where 2 people were killed doesn't even phase me anymore

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

I'm betting the mall was a gun-free zone. He must not have seen the sign.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

More guns. Clearly arming more people is the answer.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

@chrisrooR said:

More guns. Clearly arming more people is the answer.

What if the mall was a gun-free zone? Or what if the shooter was stopped by someone with a firearm? Right now we don't know that much other than three people are dead and the shooter is likely one of the dead.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marcheegsr

Let me guess the shooter "plays video games like call of duty".. I won't be surprised if the news says this.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@huggybear1020 said:

I'm betting the mall was a gun-free zone. He must not have seen the sign.

and political posturing after the gunfire is like a response to the greeting.

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

If only everybody on the mall had guns....

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Isn't Maryland one of the strictest gun control states in the US?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcheegsr

@Master_Live said:

Isn't Maryland one of the strictest gun control states in the US?

Yea supposedly, yet the guy used a shotgun. So brutal.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

and republicans will oppose any kind of gun restrictions....

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/us/3-reported-dead-in-maryland-mall-shooting.html?_r=0

3 reported dead including the shooter and 4 injured. Happened today around 11:15am.

Geez, it seems like this stuff is way too common now and it barely shocks people.

Funny because the US homicide rate is actually lower than it's been in years.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Live

Ditto, look at CNN, so sad. Don't know if Fox News is covering it (I don't get the channel) but even MSNBC has already moved on from this story. The host even called, mind you with great emphasis in his voice, "We are covering every detail of this, the latest American tragedy". Man is CNN desperate for ratings, basically nobody watch them except on "breaking news events" and even that numbers have been slipping.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@marcheegsr said:

Funny because the US homicide rate is actually lower than it's been in years.

But the modern information age just makes sure we hear about everything immediately.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Only three people dead? I'm sure we will have forgotten about this in a week or so.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#19  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

If the guy walked into a house and killed the two then himself it barely even makes the news, if at all. It has already been reported these people knew each other and they were targeted.

Murders happen every day, I assure you these were not the only two people murdered yesterday. The only reason this is being made a big story is because it happened in a mall. This does not qualify as a mass shooting, as much as the gun control crowd would love it to. Oh and he used a shotgun....imagine that...no assault rifle needed!

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vfibsux

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

That's bullshit and you know it. We already have a shitload of gun laws, and the last time I checked it was illegal to MURDER, that law did not stop him either. Imagine that. Such simpleton thinking.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178832 Posts

Sad indeed....and RIP to the victims.....but it'll blow up into another guns are bad discussion instead of what triggers the violence. And Maryland has strict gun control....so it's not the wild wild west out there.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@marcheegsr said:

If the guy walked into a house and killed the two then himself it barely even makes the news, if at all. It has already been reported these people knew each other and they were targeted.

Murders happen every day, I assure you these were not the only two people murdered yesterday. The only reason this is being made a big story is because it happened in a mall. This does not qualify as a mass shooting, as much as the gun control crowd would love it to. Oh and he used a shotgun....imagine that...no assault rifle needed!

You seem to be going off on a guy who 's only expressed sentiment in this thread is sadness that people shoot each other all the time in this country. He hasn't advocated gun control of any kind.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vfibsux

@Serraph105 said:

@vfibsux said:

@marcheegsr said:

You seem to be going off on a guy who 's only expressed sentiment in this thread is sadness that people shoot each other all the time in this country. He hasn't advocated gun control of any kind.

First of all I was not "going off", amazing how some people read tone in text. Second, his main point was shootings are so common they barely shock people, where you got sadness and sentiment out of that I do not know.....my guess is the same place you got that I was "going off" on him. No I am not implying he was not sad about this, but that was NOT his point in his post.

Third, I only added the gun control stuff because it is in the thread, my first sentence was the one directly replying to the OP. My only point to him was people get shot every day, you cannot expect people to be shocked by something that happens every day. More people die in car wrecks daily than by murder in general. No ones gets shocked when that happens either.

Sad that this happened, but I am not going to dwell on it. Something like the Newton shootings has lasting effects, this was just another murder suicide. Sad but true.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sad indeed....and RIP to the victims.....but it'll blow up into another guns are bad discussion instead of what triggers the violence. And Maryland has strict gun control....so it's not the wild wild west out there.

plus it's on the east coast

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Thank you Captain Obvious...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

My work here is done. Up, Up and away!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

My work here is done. Up, Up and away!

LOL...beware the kryptonite....

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

That's bullshit and you know it. We already have a shitload of gun laws, and the last time I checked it was illegal to MURDER, that law did not stop him either. Imagine that. Such simpleton thinking.

maybe at least ban assault weapons...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@vfibsux said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

maybe at least ban assault weapons...

Define an "assault weapon"?

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Well.. I live in mexico, and the amount of killings due to cartel problems have become a running gag. There is a show which tells the number of people killed every day: It is called the "executo-meter". But, that is drug cartel settling scores: in the US it is crazy people doing crazy s#1t! I don't get it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Live

@Serraph105 said:

Only three people dead? I'm sure we will have forgotten about this in a week or so.

It will.