Marvel's trailer for "What If...?" show releases this August!

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 47374 Posts

If you enjoy Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, than this is exactly what you'll get only mix with Marvel characters from the MCU. It should be noted this is Chadwick Boseman's final film, glad he was able to do this before passing away. I haven't been this excited for a Marvel show in a long time since WondaVision.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6588 Posts

I loved reading these comics as a kid.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16082 Posts

I seen the trailer this morning and I'm looking forward to this. The idea of T'challa being the one taken by Yondu as a Ravager instead of Peter Quill is interesting. And Howard the Duck is going to be featured in the series? I can get behind that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 46278 Posts

Very interesting art direction.

Probably what the Avengers/GOTG games should have aimed for instead of off-brand stunt doubles.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: I think that's a thing where developers don't have the rights to use the actors' likeness. That and the games aren't based on the MCU. I could be wrong, though. But the look so far isn't bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 46278 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Yea probably.

Think still attempting to emulate the look of the movies where everything just seems off was a poor move.

A direction such as, donno, Ultimate Spider-Man probably would have worked better aesthetically.

Suspect they couldn't use the likeness, or were scrimping on having to pay the actors, but assumed the consumers were, basically, stupid. Needing it to look like the films for mass appeal.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: Maybe they can course-correct with the GotG game, but I have my doubts. At any rate, the show looks to be fun, and apparently they are already working on a second season.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80134 Posts

Sadly, this series will never cover some of the comics I read as a kid because the MCU just doesn't have the characters, like What if...Wolverine killed the hulk, Silver Surfer took the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos and Punisher killed Spider-Man. There's also something about the production I don't like. I mean, the close up on Thor was just bad. It just seems kinda lazy to me, like it's some animation intern's finals project. Not really sold on it.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6588 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: Here is a list of all the What if? comics. It's not just so-and-so kills so-and-so. There are a lot more intriguing ideas than that. In addition, who's to say they have to stick to the comics?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80134 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

@JustPlainLucas: Here is a list of all the What if? comics. It's not just so-and-so kills so-and-so. There are a lot more intriguing ideas than that. In addition, who's to say they have to stick to the comics?

Well, yeah I know that, which is why I mentioned Silver Surfer taking the Infinity Gauntlet. Considering they MCU did do the IG in some form, it's a shame that we're never going to see that episode done. But from the looks of the preview, aside from Howard the Duck, this show looks very limited in scope because it doesn't have the pool of characters to pool from, just what they've done in the movies. I can't see this series running anymore than two seasons.