Marvel's Agents of Shield terrible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#1 Edited by TheFadeForever (2653 posts) -

I caught up with the show but man is it me but it feels so dull like the characters and acting man other than maybe Coulson and that older agent lady the acting feels wooden and below average at times. Not only that the dialogue can be really cheesy. It also feels like a really tone down X-files without the suspense and at times anti climatic.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (25309 posts) -

Couldn't get into it. Most "superhero" shows that aren't cartoons are shit imo. Actually, all of them are.

Apart from the Hulk, that was mostly good. Mostly.

Avatar image for hippiesanta
#4 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

I'm stuck with that show .... but got to admid it's 5.5/10 .... and should not be renewed for 2nd season

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
#5 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15283 posts) -

I'm more interested in seeing what Marvel will do with their upcoming shows for Netflix.

Avatar image for ferrari2001
#6 Edited by ferrari2001 (17762 posts) -

It's not a terrible show, it just isn't good. Typical run of the mill programming, it probably won't last long.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (25309 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

It's not a terrible show, it just isn't good. Typical run of the mill programming, it probably won't last long.

Marvels pretty huge matey, not sure I'd agree with that. Smallville (DC obv) ran for about a decade.

Actually I want to retract my statement before, I really liked the adventures of lois and clark. Quite a fun show for the time. And unlike Smallville, superman wasn't some moody little prick who only done shit if he was forced into it.

Avatar image for SaintLeonidas
#8 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

Terrible? Far from it. Certainly isn't great, but it is starting to gain momentum with the shifts that happened in the latest Captain America.

Avatar image for jimkabrhel
#9 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

I watched a few episodes and it seems standard fantasy fare. I'm impressed that they are trying it directly into the Marvel movie universe. That takes some guts, considering that people might not be going to see all of the Marvel movies, for the cost.

Avatar image for Byshop
#10 Edited by Byshop (18351 posts) -

I enjoy it. It's not some super compelling, gripping series where I'm waiting for each new episode with baited breath, but I have fun watching it and it has that Whedon tv series cleverness to it. To @uninspiredcup's point, quality and run duration don't always have anything to do with each other. Smallville was such a god-awful piece of shit and it lasted for a freakin' decade. That still boggles my mind.

-Byshop

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#11 Edited by uninspiredcup (25309 posts) -

@Byshop said:

. To @uninspiredcup's point, quality and run duration don't always have anything to do with each other. Smallville was such a god-awful piece of shit and it lasted for a freakin' decade. That still boggles my mind.

-Byshop

You basically just repeated what I said with an argument no one made.

Avatar image for Byshop
#12 Posted by Byshop (18351 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

You basically just repeated what I said with an argument no one made.

I was agreeing with you, but if that pisses you off for some reason then I'm terribly sorry.

-Byshop

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#13 Edited by harry_james_pot (11399 posts) -

In the beginning it was indeed very boring, but right now it's actually pretty good! The last few episodes have been amazing.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (25309 posts) -

@Byshop said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You basically just repeated what I said with an argument no one made.

I was agreeing with you, but if that pisses you off for some reason then I'm terribly sorry.

-Byshop

Not a problem mate.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#15 Edited by LJS9502_basic (162176 posts) -

Couldn't get into the show....stopped watching it....and apparently the Captain America tie in show had the lowest ratings yet.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#16 Posted by harry_james_pot (11399 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Couldn't get into the show....stopped watching it....and apparently the Captain America tie in show had the latest ratings yet.

Well, when there's a great episode it affects the ratings of the one after it, so we'll see..

Avatar image for slateman_basic
#17 Posted by slateman_basic (4142 posts) -

I don't exactly make it a point to watch it. If I'm bored and want background noise or something, I might play a DVR'd episode and get caught up. It certainly isn't appointment TV, as it used to be known.

Avatar image for Byshop
#18 Posted by Byshop (18351 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Not a problem mate.

Oh good. Now I'll be able to sleep at night.

-Byshop

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#19 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4841 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

In the beginning it was indeed very boring, but right now it's actually pretty good! The last few episodes have been amazing.