This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 jasperrussell
Member since 2005 • 1960 Posts

I did manual labour today. Yes that's right!!! I took myself away from the computer, went outside and fixed a retaining wall that's been fallen down for months!

I even........ wait for it....... broke into a sweat!

Ok, you pale, weak computer geeks :P what manual labour have you done lately!

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
i emptied the cat litterbox (or whatever its called in english) recently. the putrid stench of semi-decayed flesh was manual enough for me.
psychosurfer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 psychosurfer10
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts
i went outside once, the sun hurt my eyes.
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jasperrussell
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]i emptied the cat litterbox (or whatever its called in english) recently. the putrid stench of semi-decayed flesh was manual enough for me.

I've got a cat - I don't like cats that much - we have no kitty litter for the very reason it stinks and needs emptying.
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasperrussell
i went outside once, the sun hurt my eyes.psychosurfer10
you need sunglasses. they can make anyone look cool! (actually that's not true - I have a friend who just can't seem to pull it off)
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BiancaDK
... so where does your cat... handle its business? The front lawn? Under the couch? :o
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jasperrussell
... so where does your cat... handle its business? The front lawn? Under the coach? :oBiancaDK
It was dumped near us and adopted us. It slept under the house for ages until I finally caved when winter got to below freezing and I let it sleep inside. It goes out in the garden somewhere. I try to keep it;s inside time to a minimum.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BiancaDK

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]... so where does your cat... handle its business? The front lawn? Under the coach? :ojasperrussell
It was dumped near us and adopted us. It slept under the house for ages until I finally caved when winter got to below freezing and I let it sleep inside. It goes out in the garden somewhere. I try to keep it;s inside time to a minimum.

why keep its inside time to a minimum? house cats are fussy and warm and caring and giving and and *sporadic hand movement* yeah so...

I´d totally let it inside. So we could cuddlez. Whats wrong with you.

jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jasperrussell

[QUOTE="jasperrussell"][QUOTE="BiancaDK"]... so where does your cat... handle its business? The front lawn? Under the coach? :oBiancaDK

why keep its inside time to a minimum? house cats are fussy and warm and caring and giving and and *sporadic hand movement* yeah so...

It gets under my feet making me trip, it gets up on the kitchen bench eating food. The baby pulls it's tail and gets scratched. It scares, chases and scratches the dog we paid $950 for! If I had paid a lot of money for it - hang on since keeping it we've paid hundreds in vet bills! and it has weed inside twice, but I now know when it's acting skittish or prowling around the bedrooms it time to put it outside. It gets to sleep inside most nights. I guess I'm just a dog person.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

[QUOTE="jasperrussell"][QUOTE="BiancaDK"]... so where does your cat... handle its business? The front lawn? Under the coach? :oBiancaDK

My family has 4 cats. They are all useless. Also, today, I went ouside to collect a parcel and burnt my feet on the searing hot cement. I had to do something, and it hurt, so I think it falls under 'manual labour' >_>.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I broke a sweat yesterday cooking over a hot stove, doesn't mean it was manual labour Good work though
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BiancaDK

Jasper:

i guess if you really are a dog person, all your points are viable as to why one should refrain from letting kittycat indoors.

DigitalExile:

How can you say your cats are useless? When does a housepet become useful then? Oh i can hear it already! "Dogs can guard your property", yes, but cats own rodents, bugs and birds!

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DigitalExile

Jasper:

i guess if you really are a dog person, all your points are viable as to why one should refrain from letting kittycat indoors.

DigitalExile:

How can you say your cats are useless? When does a housepet become useful then? Oh i can hear it already! "Dogs can guard your property", yes, but cats own rodents, bugs and birds!

BiancaDK

This thread is now about pets.

No, they just whine to go outside and then whine 30 seconds later to come back inside, then they **** anywhere but where they are supposed to.

My dogs bark, and probably growl, but one is scared of the cats even so he's pretty useless (although i have seen him attack a delivery man, it was pretty funny)--he's a small dog.

Also, my cats suck at hunting. They'll just look at prey and then walk away from it (if it's in the house).

jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jasperrussell

Jasper:

DigitalExile:

BiancaDK

I do actually like the idea of our cat being the first line of defense against deadly snakes and our kids. (then the dog)

edit: chances are it will be the dog though, it's alerted us with it's barking, but we did find a black snake with it's head bitten off, and the neighbours had a black snake with its head bitten off too. A cat could probably do this and live but not a dog.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BiancaDK
DigitalExile: Okay, if what you say about the behaviour of your housecats holds true - then yes; they are (sadly.) quite useless. Also, kudos on transforming one of natures most succesful hunters into a couch potato. Jasper: Headless snake torsos? Where do you live, the amazones?! In your case, id ditch the kitty and get a sawed-off tbh!
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I got out of bed this morning.
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasperrussell
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]DigitalExile: Okay, if what you say about the behaviour of your housecats holds true - then yes; they are (sadly.) quite useless. Also, kudos on transforming one of natures most succesful hunters into a couch potato. Jasper: Headless snake torsos? Where do you live, the amazones?! In your case, id ditch the kitty and get a sawed-off tbh!

rural australia - snakes, spiders, scorpions. It's a nightmare!!!!!!!
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DigitalExile
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]DigitalExile: Okay, if what you say about the behaviour of your housecats holds true - then yes; they are (sadly.) quite useless. Also, kudos on transforming one of natures most succesful hunters into a couch potato. Jasper: Headless snake torsos? Where do you live, the amazones?! In your case, id ditch the kitty and get a sawed-off tbh!jasperrussell

Living in the city or suburbs is dangerous enough, I don't know how you country folk survive, lol. When I was a kid we used to get snakes in our backyard and my dogs then used to kill them. I live in Sydney, btw.
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasperrussell
I got out of bed this morning.Bourbons3
then you need a laptop!
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jasperrussell
[QUOTE="jasperrussell"][QUOTE="BiancaDK"]DigitalExile: Okay, if what you say about the behaviour of your housecats holds true - then yes; they are (sadly.) quite useless. Also, kudos on transforming one of natures most succesful hunters into a couch potato. Jasper: Headless snake torsos? Where do you live, the amazones?! In your case, id ditch the kitty and get a sawed-off tbh!DigitalExile

Living in the city or suburbs is dangerous enough, I don't know how you country folk survive, lol. When I was a kid we used to get snakes in our backyard and my dogs then used to kill them. I live in Sydney, btw.

I'm moving to the blue mountains but a new neighbour there said her dog was bitten by a snake a few days before. dogs alright but $1600 vet bill. At least I'm not afraid of spiders anymore now I have snakes to worry about.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BiancaDK
you must have an interesting sunset :o All i get is building roofs, so atleast youre fortunate in that sense. Still tho, sawed-off shotgun. asap.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DigitalExile
I'm moving to the blue mountains but a new neighbour there said her dog was bitten by a snake a few days before. dogs alright but $1600 vet bill. At least I'm not afraid of spiders anymore now I have snakes to worry about.jasperrussell
Ouch. At least the dog is okay, though.
TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
I work with pulling 2500 pound pallets and loading more pallets with 40 pound freight everyday.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
I had to go walk to school today....
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
I...I..ok you got me :P
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasperrussell
you must have an interesting sunset :o All i get is building roofs, so atleast youre fortunate in that sense. Still tho, sawed-off shotgun. asap.BiancaDK
I have a wippersnipper/brushcutter (not sure what other countries call them) that I have a 3 pronged steel blade attachment for. I'm waiting for the day I'm cutting through overgrown garden and a snake appears!
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jasperrussell
I work with pulling 2500 pound pallets and loading more pallets with 40 pound freight everyday. TwiztidJoker
I think this makes you the winner!
certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts
From spring to fall manual labour is my job, repairs, building etc. As for the latest manual labour that would be shoveling the snow off the drive way two hours ago.
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jasperrussell
I had to go walk to school today....horgen123
My new house is 1.4km to the shops. I plan to walk there more often than drive. My school was at the end of the street. Then we moved..... to the other side of the school, so still at the end of the street :P
psn_Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psn_Jaimzl
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts
yeah i had to walk to school 4km :( i also baked a cake :)
MrMC7992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrMC7992
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
work 6 times a week pushing carts in below freezing weather for 5 hours.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I read your post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts
I work in a tire place in below freezing temperatures for 4 hours mon-fri(except Thursday) saturday 11 hours, and sunday 6 hours. Your gloves get wet and you have to witstand the cold ultil people stop comming. I actually like my job ;) not really that hard.