Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

After years of shows of questionable quality or animation style (Wabbit, The Looney Tunes Show) or just flat out garbage (Space Jam-- yeah, i said that!), it looks like we will FINALLY get something close to classic Warner Bros. cartoons again.

Looney Tunes Cartoons looks to be the proper return to the classic cartoons most of us loved growing up. It will premiere along with WarnerMedia's new streaming service, HBO Max on May 27.

This is the one thing I'm actually looking forward to. What do you guys think?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

This sounds awesome! I looooove Looney Tunes..........but I can only enjoy this if I'm an HBO subscriber? That sucks.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@shellcase86: There is some confusion regarding HBO (the cable channel) and HBO Max (Warner's streaming service).

It won't be on the cable channel, only through the streaming service. If you subscribe to HBO Now directly through their website (and not through a 3rd party service such as Amazon Prime or Roku) you get upgraded to Max for free when it launches. For those who get HBO through their cable service, it is unknown if they will get it for free; the only cable provider that is confirmed to do so is Spectrum.

That said, I think as interesting as HBO Max will be, it may be a confusing, messy launch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

Interesting, I do watch Looney Tunes on Boomerang from time to time and I thought this would be included as well. I no longer have HBO but once I'm done with DC Nation, I'll resubscribe to HBO.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@davillain-: From what I understand, they will make some of the original Looney Tunes shorts available to stream as well. I just hope the original ones are the uncensored versions as well, it was hard to watch the reruns on Boomerang because some of them were cut.

When they first announced this a year or so, I also thought this would be on Cartoon Network or Boomerang, but I guess this is high profile enough to warrant being on a premium service.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@davillain-: From what I understand, they will make some of the original Looney Tunes shorts available to stream as well. I just hope the original ones are the uncensored versions as well, it was hard to watch the reruns on Boomerang because some of them were cut.

When they first announced this a year or so, I also thought this would be on Cartoon Network or Boomerang, but I guess this is high profile enough to warrant being on a premium service.

That's cool, I been looking to get back with HBO only because my DC Nation sub is almost over.