LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 LoonelyTress
Member since 2017 • 119 Posts

We gamers have different ways to cope with anxiety, loneliness, etc. but this year may have been different especially to those who have experience with Covid-19 whether to self or with family.

This forum offered us a lot of ways to keep ourselves sane and I'm so thankful for it. However, I felt like something is missing in me and I'm being anxious about it, maybe I just missed my life before this pandemic.

So are there other things you have done that helped you cope with these feelings too? Your thoughts are really appreciated...

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6073 Posts

I mainly listen to music and play games,but while music is on most of the time I clean my apartment or prepare for my meals for the day or the week. I live alone and have no friends or girlfriends, so I’m keeping busy besides gaming by doing chores. I even walk to my local Tim Horton’s and take out a coffee just to get fresh air or a change of looking at my apartment. The last couple of days have been my day off work and as far as games go, I downloaded Dragon Quest XI on GamePass and I’m loving this game,been my favourite game of 2020, a gem. Normally I don’t turn to RPG’s much anymore,but with a lot of time indoors, GamePass is a God send! I don’t have friends outside work or anyplace else either so I keep to myself and I’m quiet. I understand you’re situation and can relate. Been depressing for the majority of folks and mentally stressful and damaging the stability of the mind. 😢 Sad. I wish you Peace and to let you know you’re Not alone,Many are With You. Keep Faith!

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

I just try to keep busy. As for gaming, I try and be creative like finding gaming apps as for example educational apps or apps that let you make small games.

I don’t know...I think there is a lot of suffering in this life...there’s also depression. Sometimes I’m sad...but I seem to pull myself out of the sadness.

I have my bad days....but I have good days as well. My doctor says I’m depressed, however I think I’m just bipolar. But I don’t know I’m not a doctor so I can’t make judgements.

Just find stuff to do and hopefully you learn along the way.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

Read a book a month.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: that’s extremely helpful as well.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

Anxiety comes from thoughts, whether conscious or subsconsious.

Best way to start dealing with it, is learning about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Getting out in nature helps the brain a lot, especially when dealing with depression and anxiety. Cutting down on screentime, helps the brain move away from certain states that puts its always on alert and that can lead to anxiety. More kids than ever before suffer from anxiety thanks to screentime.

It's always best to take at least half an hour a day to just totally relax yourself. And I mean that in a way to switch off. No books, nothing. Just a state of mindfulness.

LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LoonelyTress

@brimmul777 hi man, just want to say thanks for being here, I don't feel alone now thank you.

@NukleaWorfair I listened to this delta waves in youtube a friend told me about, and it's been helpful for me to take my mind somewhere else while staring from afar in my backyard. I guess I need some vacation which I couldn't afford right now because of what's happening here. I hope soon I can be with my parents again and have some vacation in some beach.

Avatar image for deactivated-6085a0bd46474
deactivated-6085a0bd46474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 deactivated-6085a0bd46474
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

Set a goal for yourself. Anything that interests you that you want to pursue. Focus on that and run after it. It's the only cure I've found that stopped me from thinking about inconsequential invasive thoughts.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7204 Posts

Been lucky as my kids were around to both drive me nuts and keep me sane. We started a garden with tomatoes, sunflowers, and basil; built hotwheels tracks out of cereal boxes, went to the park every day to for my oldest practice her bike and youngest her scooter, did a lot of cooking a nd baking.

While these particular activities may not interest you, having a new project every couple weeks that produces something tangible can help you feel like you're not wasting your life away.

Also, try new exercises.

LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LoonelyTress

Thanks @Keaze_ and @judaspete. My Mom asked me to do facetime with them this Christmas day, I hope my boss will let me take off early so I can catch up with them. I've also bumped into this article in hopes of looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas. https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/covid-19/information/covid-19-mental-health

grandporcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 grandporcupine
Member since 2020 • 33 Posts

I find comfort in discomfort and just trying to allow things to be as they are. That helps to diminish chronic anxiety.

And trust me, I wake up with my jaw on-lock due to family issues, work+finances, and personal unresolved traumas.

I take daily ice-cold showers, workout, grow my own food garden (major mental relief) and try to be as present as possible.

Video games aren't my thing anymore but it's a great anxiety reliever.

LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LoonelyTress

I'm thinking of making my own food garden too as I saw a lot in my neighborhood growing their own and I thought it's just practical to make your own vegetable hub during this crisis, but I don't know how to start, is it very time-consuming at the start?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

@judaspete said:

Been lucky as my kids were around to both drive me nuts and keep me sane. We started a garden with tomatoes, sunflowers, and basil; built hotwheels tracks out of cereal boxes, went to the park every day to for my oldest practice her bike and youngest her scooter, did a lot of cooking a nd baking.

While these particular activities may not interest you, having a new project every couple weeks that produces something tangible can help you feel like you're not wasting your life away.

Also, try new exercises.

Similar situation for me.

I'm fortunate enough to have a family that forces me to be more social. We still do karaoke, game nights, wine/bourbon tasting, painting and stuff like that, but it's all through Zoom. It's not the best, but it helps, for sure.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7204 Posts

@loonelytress said:

I'm thinking of making my own food garden too as I saw a lot in my neighborhood growing their own and I thought it's just practical to make your own vegetable hub during this crisis, but I don't know how to start, is it very time-consuming at the start?

It's not necessarily time-consuming, just a few minutes a day once things start going, but you do have to plan ahead. If you want to keep things simple, find something that will grow year round in a small jar on your window sill. I've done that with basil.

If you want to start an outdoor garden, usually you would plant some seeds in a planter indoors until they sprout and take hold, then transfer them outside. It can take a month or two for the seeds to really take off depending what you grow. If you start now, probably pick something that you would transplant late winter/early spring. Look this up online, it varies depending where you live.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

I learned how to play the harmonica at the start of the pandemic as a way to pass the time, been hooked on it ever since. Also got into mountain biking and back into skateboarding, although these winter months put a stop to that. I find gaming a great way to relax and pass the time, and something I look forward to.

grandporcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 grandporcupine
Member since 2020 • 33 Posts

@loonelytress said:

Not really, like judaspete said, you only need to put a bit of your time at first because you have to prepare the things needed whether you want to grow your plant on a pot and put it anywhere indoors or in your garden. Also getting the plant you want and buying them would also take time depending on your preference and if you have finished doing all those, what you just need to do for the following days is to take care of them which will only take a little amount of your time. You can also find lots of tips online on the things you need to know first before getting into this hobby! :D

LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LoonelyTress

Thanks for the tips guys. I really appreciate everything you guys shared!

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

Going for a walk is greatly underrated and under appreciated.

Gorby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gorby
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

It's important to remember that almost everyone has the same problem with Covid-19 and lockdown restrictions these days so basically it helps to know that we all go through this together. A thing I do to stay sane is to do all these things that I wanted to do when I had less time back then for example repairing stuff, learning the skills of sports betting and checking out the recommended bookmakers for Indian players on https://wetten.com/in/bookmaker/ , meditation and doing more workout at home. So it feels good when you actually do something useful but you have to create your own plan everyday.

Marchiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Marchiks
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

Hey, I agree, there are quite a few positive aspects in this, but there are also nuances that can repel...