Looking back at an old game review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#1 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

Go to your profile and look up one of your oldest game reviews. I just read one of my old Star Wars battlefront 2 game reviews. Wow...i can't stop laughing at my stupidity.

"boy this game sucks, it's not even worth $50. i could have gotten a different game for $50. the sound is awful, sounds like a bunch of toys. the third person view is alright, but shooting is really dull and boring, the bullets/laser bullets are really slow and you can count them as they are being shot. the graphics are miserable, the last game even had better graphics. the space fighting is stupid and boring, it just feels like your shooting a bunch of red circles. jedis are alright, you really only have a limited fighting skills, and the forces are alright. online is not fun at all and you don't have good aim assistance. you really can't kill anyone with a simple rifle. don't get this game especially if your not a big fan of the star wars series."

"laser bullets are really slow and you can count them as they are being shot"

:'( i feel dumb. Another thing..0 out of 15 recommended my review

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#2 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

The first review I ever wrote was terrible. It was for Phantom Hourglass and was just terrible. The ones I write now are much better though. It makes me happy that my work has gotten progressively better lol.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

all my reviews have perfect records with recommendations :P my Folklore review is my personal favorite...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

I haven't reviewed. :P

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
"This has to be one of the best MGS games out at the moment....I loved Snake eater but now seeing it with online multiplayer play..new cameras..and a actual movie made my Hideo Kojima. I think you shold ge tthis game even if you already played the original snake eater the neew camera just makes the game alot better by giving you more tatical advantage. Then there is the online mode...one of the best online games i have ever seen. Great graphics and a whole lot more extras to make the gameplay a whole lot better....It also comes with the original 2 games...Metal gear and Metal gear: Solid Snake...so no matter if you didn't like the original game or though it was to hard...buy this game and give it another chance becuase it is a hell of alot better...and it should spend you alot of time considering if you play online...took me about 8 hrs to beat the game but played online for over 20 so get this game...its the best" Oh god, it sucked so much. :cry: Wait! Someone recommended it. :shock:
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
haha here was one of mine "Well i picked this game up only after i failed to get my PS3 on launch. Wow, i am glad that i did, at first it took me a few minutes to get used to the controls (They differ quite a bit from the original-since its a old game). Either way after getting used to the game, i found that it has to be one of the best Tony Hawk games since the original it mixes the goals and other objectives flawlessly. While it allows for some simple skating for the newer skaters it also has some crazy hard goals for all the Tony Hawk fans, and it rewards them with some nice achievements. The controls for the game are perfect esspicially once you get the hang of the nail the trick stuff that allows you to flip the board based on the movements on the joystick. This adds some fun times with the game, and if you master it, you will have no problem blowing away some n0ob online. The online aspect of the game is great, from the sessions i have played there has been minimal lag, and it is always a blast to tag a rail with a highscore and then see some attempt to graffitti the rail and end up falling. Another cool part of the multiplayer is the exclusive achievement that you get after beating someone from the developement team. So to sum it up this is probably the best Tony Hawk since the original, and that is saying alot since all the games in the series were great. Regardless, any gamer should go out and buy this superb game now!"
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xfactor19990
[QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]"This has to be one of the best MGS games out at the moment....I loved Snake eater but now seeing it with online multiplayer play..new cameras..and a actual movie made my Hideo Kojima. I think you shold ge tthis game even if you already played the original snake eater the neew camera just makes the game alot better by giving you more tatical advantage. Then there is the online mode...one of the best online games i have ever seen. Great graphics and a whole lot more extras to make the gameplay a whole lot better....It also comes with the original 2 games...Metal gear and Metal gear: Solid Snake...so no matter if you didn't like the original game or though it was to hard...buy this game and give it another chance becuase it is a hell of alot better...and it should spend you alot of time considering if you play online...took me about 8 hrs to beat the game but played online for over 20 so get this game...its the best" Oh god, it sucked so much. :cry: Wait! Someone recommended it. :shock:

how do you find if someone recommended it?
StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

[QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]"This has to be one of the best MGS games out at the moment....I loved Snake eater but now seeing it with online multiplayer play..new cameras..and a actual movie made my Hideo Kojima. I think you shold ge tthis game even if you already played the original snake eater the neew camera just makes the game alot better by giving you more tatical advantage. Then there is the online mode...one of the best online games i have ever seen. Great graphics and a whole lot more extras to make the gameplay a whole lot better....It also comes with the original 2 games...Metal gear and Metal gear: Solid Snake...so no matter if you didn't like the original game or though it was to hard...buy this game and give it another chance becuase it is a hell of alot better...and it should spend you alot of time considering if you play online...took me about 8 hrs to beat the game but played online for over 20 so get this game...its the best" Oh god, it sucked so much. :cry: Wait! Someone recommended it. :shock:xfactor19990

Click on your profile and go to your contributions.

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BladeOfHeaven
[QUOTE="xfactor19990"][QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]"This has to be one of the best MGS games out at the moment....I loved Snake eater but now seeing it with online multiplayer play..new cameras..and a actual movie made my Hideo Kojima. I think you shold ge tthis game even if you already played the original snake eater the neew camera just makes the game alot better by giving you more tatical advantage. Then there is the online mode...one of the best online games i have ever seen. Great graphics and a whole lot more extras to make the gameplay a whole lot better....It also comes with the original 2 games...Metal gear and Metal gear: Solid Snake...so no matter if you didn't like the original game or though it was to hard...buy this game and give it another chance becuase it is a hell of alot better...and it should spend you alot of time considering if you play online...took me about 8 hrs to beat the game but played online for over 20 so get this game...its the best" Oh god, it sucked so much. :cry: Wait! Someone recommended it. :shock:

at the top it should have -Username -tagline -date posted -Recommendations.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Mine was for "Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars" (DS). It wasn't terrible. I reviewed it the first day, when I was only 15% into the game though.

I think I did other reviews before that. I might have deleted them or something.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

I only have like 3 reviews, all from at least 2 years ago. I don't really feel like reviewing anything.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#12 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
cmon people the MGS one was hilarious hahah
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BladeOfHeaven
cmon people the MGS one was hilarious hahahMaddenBowler10
I should be a comedian. 8)
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

My Ape Escape review is actually good for a first review. At least I think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
All of mine. Wow. Sad part is, I'm still that moronic inside.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
my first review was for Call of Duty 2 "This game is one of the best games for the 360. There is no WWII game quite like this one. When you start off playing single player you battle your way through the German defense as a Russian soldier fighting alongside your comrades who actually do a decent job of helping you fight off the German soldiers. After your done with the Russian missions you play as a British soldier in Egypt and then as a American soldier on D Day climbing the cliffs of Point du Hoc, this gives you a chance to see another perspective of D Day rather then replay what has been used over and over in games which is the Normandy invasion. Sound: is great if you have a surround sound system youll be hearing the snipers bullet whizzing past your ear as if you were in the battle yourself. Learning Curve: about 15 minutes, this is one of the easiest games to pick up so you wont be frustrated on the controls. Gameplay: is Top notch from both sides of the battlefield, The guns are very accurate and easy to swap for on the ground. only con would be when sneaking up on the AI they always turn around when your about to bash or shoot them but its nothing too bad. Multiplayer: One of the best aspects of the game is the online play, playing 4v4 may seem small but its actually better to communicate with teammates with a smaller number. There is also hardly any lag online and im playing with the wireless adapter connected to my 360. Overall: A great game, a must buy for the 360 and one of the best WWII shooters i've ever played"
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
i have done one review and it was for l4d. I bought this game not to long ago and i find i very good and addictive. But since my internet is extremely slow i can't play the multiplayer, which is said to be the gem of the game. But the single player is much better than most games i have played. The new AI Director allows the computer controlled allies to act intelligently and coordinated. But my favorite thing about this game is the zombies, they aren't lumbering idiotic things where it is like shooting punching bags that slowly slide towards you. These guys will run fast and they can climb up stuff, not to mention the hunters and smokers have the ability to jump around 30 feet. And a tank battle is just bliss for me. The tanks are basically the incredible hulk; zombie style. And it is an epic battle to take one down by yourself, but when you do you feel a nice warm fuzzy feeling the review really sucks but 1 out of 1 people recommended it. kinda wrote it in 1min at midnight.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
This is my first and only review. I cringe when I read the word "epicness". "After reading Wootex's enigmatic and provocative blog post, entitled "Free thrills on the streets of Proto-Neo New York", I was compelled to give Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley Saga a go. Can you really blame me? With a name like that and the promise of an epic basketball story set in the post-cyberpocalyptic ruins of Neo New York I was surely bound for some form of entertainment no matter how bad the game turned out to be. Imagine my pleasure when I found that the games greatness extended so far beyond the absurd premise of its story. Lets make one thing clear right off the bat, BSUJG (as I have shortened the title down to) is not merely a novelty. The story isn't just a farce, it's actually very well written and clever. The gameplay isn't just an excuse to let you fight Kratos and Master Chief, it's immersive and entertaining in it's own right. And the music, it's just plain old awesome. In fact it's the music which foreshadows the epicness of this game as soon as you start it up and hear the Space Jam theme playing. Starting the game you find yourself in the shoes of Charles Barkley, an ex-b-ball player with a dark and troubled past. You are responsible for performing a chaos dunk in the year 2041, a move so powerful that it destroyed a stadium full of people and with it the glory of b-ball. 12 years later b-ball is outlawed, the world is a dystopian hell hole where sports enthusiasts are criminals and worst of all Michael Jordan is constantly harassing you and your son Hoopz. The story quickly escalates as Barkley discovers that another chaos dunk has been performed in Manhattan, killing millions of people. From here your efforts to clear your name and save Hoopz, who has been taken by Michael Jordan, will take you on an odyssey-like adventure involving all your favourite zombie/cyborg basketballers, ancient tombs, a town full of surgically altered animal lovers and the b-ball dimension. The story itself is great but the game really shines in the small details put into the dialogue and gameplay. If you're a fan of RPG's (Final Fantasy in particular), basketball or videogames in general you will find many clever references hidden throughout the seven or so hours that it will take you to complete the game. Battle sprites are blatantly stolen from other games (Michael Jordan for example is Michael Jackson from "Moonwalker"), rpg cliches are exaggerated and mocked (poison and blindness status effects are replaced with diabetes and glaucoma) and gamers themselves are poked fun at via the ranting truck pumps which serve as the games save points. At first glance the gameplay is just a Final Fantasy styled turn based system. However upon closer inspection it turns out to be a little more complex and immersive. Like Final Fantasy 12 your enemies are visible onscreen but if you get too close they will attack and you will enter into a battle screen. Unlike a normal rpg where you would simply select an attack for the character to perform, choose an enemy and then watch him do it BSUJG attempts to involve the player a little more. For example if you choose to do Barkley's free throw move you must time your shots according to a meter which pops up. Each characters attack employs a combination of keys that imitates it much like swinging the wii-mote to kill a person in manhunt 2. It's a minor tweak but it really contributes towards immersing you in the game. On top of the battles there are one or two quick time events spread out across the game. Much like God of War you are required to press keys according to on-screen prompts in order to make it alive from a tough situation. The time that you have to press each button is rather short and if you mess up more than once you're dead so getting through these scenes can be initially quite difficult. However you are allowed to start over again and the game also uses the exact same prompts each time so if you're having difficulty you can just memorize which keys you have to press. I mentioned earlier that BSUJG is not a novelty game, or even a purely comedic game. The story absurd as it may be can also be absolutely hilarious, emotionally moving and just flat out epic and this is mostly attributable to the music. The streets of Neo New York are depressing, the Spalding basketball factory is zany and futuristic and the scene near the end when you fight Michael Jordan to the Harlem Globetrotters theme is undeniably one of the greatest moments in the game. Considering that BSUJG is a free rpg-maker game it seems unfair to point out it's flaws. It's much like a kindergarten teacher complaining about incorrect syntax in a letter written by a four year old. However this particular game is so good that I will judge it as harshly as any other. For a starters the graphics are understandably poor. Anything that is not stolen from a different game tends to look like a doodle drawn on microsoft paint. Furthermore each time you exit a battle your characters will be transparent for a few seconds. This isn't necessarily a big deal as the text more than makes up for the shortcomings of the graphics, but a few ugly things here and there may put off a few people. The music, while undeniably fantastic, tends to be a little short meaning that it will repeat itself after a while. Unfortunately the songs do not blend into themselves particularly well in places which makes for a jarring transition as they stop and then start. Lastly the story cuts off very suddenly. After a huge twist and a great confrontation the story peters out leaving you wanting something more conclusive. The best we can hope for is that the makers do chapter 2 and pick up from where they left. Overall this game is very easy to recommend to almost any gamer. If you have a sharp wit and a love for either basketball or rpgs then it's all the more reason to download it right now."
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#19 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I tend to think my are all too long and people stop halfway through and read something shorter.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xfactor19990
guys idk if it is my phone lol or something but icant see if it was recommended, maybe because its so old?
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BladeOfHeaven
guys idk if it is my phone lol or something but icant see if it was recommended, maybe because its so old?xfactor19990
I check it for you, it's because no one recommended them so it doesn't show.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xfactor19990
[QUOTE="xfactor19990"]guys idk if it is my phone lol or something but icant see if it was recommended, maybe because its so old?BladeOfHeaven
I check it for you, it's because no one recommended them so it doesn't show.

ok haha ya along ago i thought i had some up that people recommended lol it was me bashing freaky fliers
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

I've always been into lengthy reviews, and I hope I'm getting better.My reviews have either been 0/0 or 1/1, 2/2. There is one 1/2, but that was because I was being a bit too harsh on Fallout 3. Please, read my reviews and tell me what you think.:D

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My Meteos review was pretty horrible. I'm surprised someone actually recommended it:lol:

My newer reviews aren't too shabby though. They are least written a little better.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#25 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Lol, my entry for "chavs" on urban dictionary is one of the top ones, and its written absolutely terribly, I did it about 4 years ago.