Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#2 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Great list..!!

• Like you I love my coffee in the morning (decaf as I bounce off walls otherwise)
  • Sleep (lots of it)
  • Watching crime series on tv
  • Cheese and ham sandwich followed by yummy yoghurt with a small slice of madeira cake for lunch
  • Chocolate treats when I do a good chunk of work
  • Not having to see anybody (I'm very anti-social)
  • Gaming when I've finished work
  • Knitting at the weekend and whenever I've got a spare hour to do a few rows
  • Watching my cat outside playing in the dirt and having fun by herself without a care in the world (she's old and doesn't go far now)
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts
  • Sitting on my balcony late at night when most of the city is fast asleep
  • Playing a very immersive video game or coop/multiplayer games with my friends
  • Long walks in rural areas
  • Visiting my grandparents
  • Watching tennis (huge Roger Federer fan)
  • Being alone
  • Daydreaming about all the things I could do in the future (which easily becomes sad when I realize I'm not doing any of those things)
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Peasly said:

Great list..!!

• Like you I love my coffee in the morning (decaf as I bounce off walls otherwise)
  • Sleep (lots of it)
  • Watching crime series on tv
  • Cheese and ham sandwich followed by yummy yoghurt with a small slice of madeira cake for lunch
  • Chocolate treats when I do a good chunk of work
  • Not having to see anybody (I'm very anti-social)
  • Gaming when I've finished work
  • Knitting at the weekend and whenever I've got a spare hour to do a few rows
  • Watching my cat outside playing in the dirt and having fun by herself without a care in the world (she's old and doesn't go far now)

I love doing that too lol been doing that pretty much my whole life great list.

@johnd13 said:
  • Sitting on my balcony late at night when most of the city is fast asleep
  • Playing a very immersive video game or coop/multiplayer games with my friends
  • Long walks in rural areas
  • Visiting my grandparents
  • Watching tennis (huge Roger Federer fan)
  • Being alone
  • Daydreaming about all the things I could do in the future (which easily becomes sad when I realize I'm not doing any of those things)

I'm daydreaming most of the day thinking of a parallel universe where I'm actually happy and healthy living in Vancouver or California.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

• First cup of coffee ( have many of them during the day)

• Living alone

• Cracking my fingers when I first get up in the morning

• Taking a shower and shaving (felling clean every day is important to me)

• Feeling better after taking meds (morning and evening)

• Turning on my Xbox Series X when I get up in the morning ( I check for updates or new things going on in the dashboard)

Those are just my daily routine stuff,I’m sure there’s a few more but to early in the morning for my brain to function.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

Sitting out the back as the light returns.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

I'll do a proper list in a later post, but off the top of my head, watching ducks run around the lake in a park near where I live. I know, it sounds like an old person thing, but it just very amusing watching them wiggling their hinds and quaking the day away. Very calming, too.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

First cup of coffee made at home is always nice.

@hallenbeck77 said:

I'll do a proper list in a later post, but off the top of my head, watching ducks run around the lake in a park near where I live. I know, it sounds like an old person thing, but it just very amusing watching them wiggling their hinds and quaking the day away. Very calming, too.

Is that an old person thing to do? I like seeing the squirrels run around.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts
  • Grabbing a beer and playing fetch with my dog after work.
  • Morning blunts on my balcony on weekends.
  • Laying in bed watching the old 60's Superman and Batman shows after balcony blunts.
  • Bagging, boarding and organizing my comics while listening to a podcast.
  • Making way too much BBQ for my family of 3 to eat.
Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts
  • Frying steaks
  • Singing songs
  • Going out looking for foxes and boars in the evening, especially on a full moon
  • Rolling cigarettes (more than smoking them)
  • Connecting stuff that's not apparently connected
  • Listening to music
  • Watching interviews and listening to people talk about things they're enthusiastic about
  • Eating peanut butter with a teaspoon
  • Arguing about pretty much anything
  • Playing with words
  • Walking in the forest and cycling in the sun
  • Reading the news and making predictions
  • Looking up stuff I don't understand and relating it to stuff I do
  • Being just a bit sneaky, but not too much
  • Making people laugh (not that good at it, but it's a fine feeling all the same)
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@horgen: I personally don't think so, but it seems to be more in line with something you would see older people do more often than not. I think it's more of a stereotype than anything else. I used to like watching squirrels run around when I was a kid as well, but there aren't any in Hawaii.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I get super excited when there's a rainbow. I'll usually be like "GUYS THERE"S A RAINBOW!" and when no one comes outside, I will go inside and be like "Guys there's a rainbow! IT"S AMAZING YOU GOTTA COME SEE!" and if no one comes after that I'll sulk for a bit.

I like weather in general. Rain, clouds, rainclouds....I love me a good lightning storm, oh man.

Making people feel good. A genuine compliment, or letting them know they did a good job when you see they put in extra effort or cared about their work.

Teaching feels good. Not formally like a school teacher, but informally. Like exchanging knowledge. It is so simple and yet incredibly significant to a person's growth. I train people at work as needed and I really enjoy it.

@hallenbeck77 said:

@horgen: I personally don't think so, but it seems to be more in line with something you would see older people do more often than not. I think it's more of a stereotype than anything else. I used to like watching squirrels run around when I was a kid as well, but there aren't any in Hawaii.

I don't think so either. I'm 37 btw.

Something about animals doing their things in the midst of the chaos of humanity is just....reassuring. A family of ducks waddling around is right up there.

Like somehow, no matter how mad we might get at each other about politics or what console is the best, at least the ducks are still waddling around.

*nods*

At least the ducks are waddling around.

Loading Video...

The ducks abide. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. Good knowing their out there, taking it easy for all us sinners.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Maybe due to the nature of the "task" it is more associated with older, retired people?

It's a nice little breather. Stopping whatever I am doing to mindlessly watch another animal.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@horgen said:

Maybe due to the nature of the "task" it is more associated with older, retired people?

It's a nice little breather. Stopping whatever I am doing to mindlessly watch another animal.

I think that's exactly what it is. I remember growing up that whenever older people were depicted in the media--tv shows, movies, what have you--there was the image or stereotype of them feeding animals in the park, generally slowing down and taking things easy. Today, I noticed a lot of older people are more active, with some even putting young folk to shame.

At any rate, just sitting back and taking in nature--be it watching the rainfall or even watching your pet look out the window--is one of those simple joys that sometimes go overlooked.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#15 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Wow, great topic and there's plenty of things I could list...but, here's a few that come to mind:

• Like OP, The first cup of coffee in the morning. Usually enjoy getting a Hazelnut Latte from Macca's.
  • Cold weather accompanied by rain.
  • A really great homecooked meal - if it's cold out, a nice soup or something spicy.
  • Waking up earlier in the morning. - Haven't done this in a while but I feel as if it makes me more productive during the day. It's therapeutic in a sense.
  • Revisiting favourite movies/tv series & video games - don't do this often enough, but it's fun to get that reminder of why I love them.
  • Going for walks, whether it be in the day or at night.
  • Patting dogs
  • Sleep where I don't wake up during the night
  • Making homemade meatballs and dropping them into marinara sauce - This comes under having a great homecooked meal, but this is as homely as it can get in my opinion. Great meatballs and sauce served with some fresh basil over pasta is bliss. I like to keep it really simple because the flavours really speak for themselves. Got to have the patience for it though.