life is worse today than it was 10-20 years ago.

• 75 results
TheEvilPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TheEvilPoster
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

i saw this comment on youtube and its 1000% true:

Look at how much LIFE and COLOR and SOUL this video has. Takes me back to a better time in life. The 90s & Early 2000s was the Golden/Silver age. Life felt like you were in another Dimension back then. Friends were real, kids played outside, the economy was good, people were more real and down to earth. Everyone didn't hang out on Social Sites. No one talked about the "illuminati" people just knew how to live and have fun. Now we live in the Dark Age aka Last Days. Life isn't what it use to be...

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Read about the Medieval times, I'll guarantee you'll change your mind.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

People tend to overrate previous times in their life, I'm sure as hell I do it, but I think I you could objectively say that the 90's were a more prosperous time for the United States when compared to today.

With that being said people will probably look fondly at the current time (2010's) as time of important social and cultural changes (LGBT, marihuana), first AA president elected; the exponential explosion of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Some people just need to:

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@theevilposter said:

Look at how much LIFE and COLOR and SOUL this video has. Takes me back to a better time in life. The 90s & Early 2000s was the Golden/Silver age. Life felt like you were in another Dimension back then. Friends were real, kids played outside, the economy was good, people were more real and down to earth. Everyone didn't hang out on Social Sites. No one talked about the "illuminati" people just knew how to live and have fun. Now we live in the Dark Age aka Last Days. Life isn't what it use to be...

you're completely right

social sites took away our privacy and our freedom.

Now when I act like a fool , i'm always thinking about everyone with that recorder in their pockets, shitty times, glad I already was 30 since facebook started.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Yeah, there was a sky was the limit vibe in the 90s... or maybe that's because when I was in school and maybe they tell that to all the kids.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Yeah ur right. Downfall of Sony. Sad times.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@theevilposter said:

you're completely right

Now when I act like a fool , i'm always thinking about everyone with that recorder in their pockets, shitty times, glad I already was 30 since facebook started.

Is it really that hard to just not act like a fucking fool? People complain about the NSA spying on us, which is a valid complaint. But then I see some of those same people making asses of themselves on social media, and I'm like, "YOU need to stfu." Don't complain about spying until you've learned to stop acting like a jackass in public. If you act like a fool in public and someone records it, that is not an invasion of your privacy. It was IN PUBLIC, so maybe you just shouldn't be so much of a jackass.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By commander

@MrGeezer said:

@evildead6789 said:

@theevilposter said:

you're completely right

Is it really that hard to just not act like a fucking fool? People complain about the NSA spying on us, which is a valid complaint. But then I see some of those same people making asses of themselves on social media, and I'm like, "YOU need to stfu." Don't complain about spying until you've learned to stop acting like a jackass in public. If you act like a fool in public and someone records it, that is not an invasion of your privacy. It was IN PUBLIC, so maybe you just shouldn't be so much of a jackass.

Yes it is, unlike you I didn't grew up with camera's everywhere, nor internet, nor cellphones, or even dvd players.

This is the time when I grew up, glad i wasn't young in this soulless 'politically correct ' era but in a time of party and decadence, all private of course..

<-- Video Removed -->

Loading Video...

TheEvilPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheEvilPoster
@thegerg said:

...ok...

what a pointless comment

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By commander

@theevilposter said:
@thegerg said:

...ok...

what a pointless comment

yeah i found a better video of the prodigy, i update my first post

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I can browse the internet on the crapper, your argument is invalid

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 commander

@lostrib said:

yeah and then all of a sudden your on the internet while on the crapper

because you screwed the neighbors wife

what does the fox say?

Loading Video...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@lostrib said:

what does the fox say?

...I don't even know what this means

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrGeezer
@evildead6789 said:

@MrGeezer said:

Yes it is, unlike you I didn't grew up with camera's everywhere, nor internet, nor cellphones, or even dvd players.

This is the time when I grew up, glad i wasn't young in this soulless 'politically correct ' era but in a time of party and decadence, all private of course..

Loading Video...

That song came out in 1996. I was 16 years old at the time, which means it was too late for me to "grow up on" that music.

This implies that you're younger than me.

Which makes sense, because I don't typically see grandmas getting outed on social media for being jerks while they party. It's typically the younger crowd. And once people get a good job and a family, hopefully they're mature enough to leave that "party all the time, do what I want" mentality behind. And not because people are watching, but because they're goddamned adults with responsibilities.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 commander

@MrGeezer said:
@evildead6789 said:

@MrGeezer said:

Loading Video...

That song came out in 1996. I was 16 years old at the time, which means it was too late for me to "grow up on" that music.

Which makes sense, because I don't typically see grandmas getting outed on social media for being jerks while they party. It's typically the younger crowd. And once people get a good job and a family, hopefully they're mature enough to leave that "party all the time, do what I want" mentality behind. And not because people are watching, but because they're goddamned adults with responsibilities.

I'm actually older than you but not much

so you were mature at 16?

Never invited to parties i suppose? lol

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commander

@lostrib said:

@evildead6789 said:

@lostrib said:

what does the fox say?

It means whenever you do something wrong, your face is all over the internet lol

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@lostrib said:

@evildead6789 said:

@lostrib said:

what does the fox say?

It means whenever you do something wrong, your face is all over the internet lol

Well articulated

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrGeezer

@evildead6789 said:

@MrGeezer said:
@evildead6789 said:

@MrGeezer said:

Loading Video...

I'm 34. I'm practically a middle aged man. If you're older than me, then yes you should be able to exercise enough self-control to stop making a jackass out of yourself in public.

That's not to say that I don't have my own problems that I'm fighting, but you're damned old enough to stop making excuses about them. It's not a problem with when you grew up. You know damn well that there were plenty of people who grew up in our time who are totally well-adjusted and capable of carrying themselves in a dignified manner in public. If there's a problem, then okay. I'm not judging you, I've got problems of my own. But those are MY problems. I'm not gonna blame it on "it was just the times, man". Don't do that shit. If there's a problem, then fix it. And if you're not willing or able to fix it, at least stop pointing the finger at scapegoats.It's not the times and it's not the social media. It's YOU.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 commander

@MrGeezer said:

@evildead6789 said:

@MrGeezer said:
@evildead6789 said:

@MrGeezer said:

Loading Video...

I'm 34. I'm practically a middle aged man. If you're older than me, then yes you should be able to exercise enough self-control to stop making a jackass out of yourself in public.

That's not to say that I don't have my own problems that I'm fighting, but you're damned old enough to stop making excuses about them. It's not a problem with when you grew up. You know damn well that there were plenty of people who grew up in our time who are totally well-adjusted and capable of carrying themselves in a dignified manner in public. If there's a problem, then okay. I'm not judging you, I've got problems of my own. But those are MY problems. I'm not gonna blame it on "it was just the times, man". Don't do that shit. If there's a problem, then fix it. And if you're not willing or able to fix it, at least stop pointing the finger at scapegoats.It's not the times and it's not the social media. It's YOU.

Why so serious?

I rather die before adapting to this BS. We might as well be robots then

Most of the youngster today are so fake, I've never seen so much plastic faces in my life the last 10 years

Everyone has become so politically correct that it's plain disgusting. People remind me more and more of the body snatchers.

Lately I'm considering going to a thrid world country, where people are still down to earth

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

i have to admit, even though i wasn't around during the 90s, i agree with this fellow. even the shows back in the 90s and early 2000s is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the crap that the put on T.V. now and days.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrGeezer

@evildead6789 said:

Why so serious?

I rather die before adapting to this BS. We might as well be robots then

Most of the youngster today are so fake, I've never seen so much plastic faces in my life the last 10 years

Everyone has become so politically correct that it's plain disgusting. People remind me more and more of the body snatchers.

Lately I'm considering going to a thrid world country, where people are still down to earth

Actually, yeah. Do that. That's the best idea I've heard. You should totally move to a third world country.

TheEvilPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEvilPoster

@watchdogsrules said:

i have to admit, even though i wasn't around during the 90s, i agree with this fellow. even the shows back in the 90s and early 2000s is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the crap that the put on T.V. now and days.

this kid is 100% proof right here. its rare to see someone say something like this. good job dude.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@watchdogsrules said:

Debatable. My current favorite TV show is supernatural, but The Next Generation is easily #2.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#25 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER: fine, one good show out of thousands.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

while i personally agree with this statement, i think it has more to do with nostalgia and getting old than economy, things being fake and whatnot.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

This thread makes me feel old.

old animated GIF

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@theevilposter said:

Your honestly gonna sit there and tell me the economy was good in the 90's? Not in the UK it wasnt. Thats the flaw in your post sunshine. Its all subjective. Also the people alive then are probably still alive now and unless time has drastically impacted their personalities its perfectly possible to surround yourself with those people once again.
Not to mention conspiracy theories are not a construct of the last decade, thats a stupid suggestion.

Just because you have a time/decade/era of preference (most people do) doesnt mean "life isnt what it used to be". Its means you dont like it us much as you used to....which isnt the worlds fault. Its yours. I hate the majority of social media, and I dislike its impact on the way people interact, particularly young people. but thats not anyones fault..It doesnt make the pre facebook world better. It makes it different.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#29  Edited By Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Ha Ha. No.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

The only reason I would say that it's worse now than 20 years ago is because back then I was only 15 and still in school, living under my parents' roof. So, yeah, life did seem pretty easy at that time. Now that I'm older and on my own, things are a lot harder because I have to be more responsible. But I wouldn't say it was any better than now. The job and housing market were a lot better for sure, but that's about the only substantial differences that I can tell.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, there was a sky was the limit vibe in the 90s... or maybe that's because when I was in school and maybe they tell that to all the kids.

I know how you feel. I think it's partly because of how Generation Y (Millenials) had high hopes (which gave the impression that we are spoiled and entitled) following the gradual progress of the Baby Boom generation and Gen X, but then recession came and we inherited a mediocre job market and economy.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Take the nostalgia goggles off please.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

for youuu

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Some of us feel like Rocky, others are Paulie. I understand.

Loading Video...

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

Sounds like the rambling of someone who experienced those years as a child and so thinks back fondly on them. Nostalgia colors our view of the past. Things like the quality of music and television shows are entirely subjective.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No, but I'm over the age of 14 and don't fall for this edgy reposted shit on the vary same social media websites it bitches about.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

http://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Many people fondly reflect on their childhood years. Things were far more exciting when you were younger.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Agreed, the 80's and 90's were far better in the U.S. than they are now.

Also, we haven't had a decent President since Bill Clinton. Its been all downhill since the 9/11 attack.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@theevilposter said:

life is worse today than it was 10-20 years ago.

As somebody that will turn 40 this year, I agree. Unlike a lot here, I was around and old enough to remember everything. Today's America just plain sucks ass.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I don't completely agree with the first post on this thread but I do agree with the title of this thread. And no it has nothing to do with nostalgia. When I play a NES game I just know it's better than a lot of modern games.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

Uh, no.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts
@ShepardCommandr said:

Take the nostalgia goggles off please.

This.

Things only seemed better when we were kids because we didn't know any better about the wider world.

Not one single point in time hasn't seen it's fair share of bad shit.

Widespread adaption of the internet today just makes it easy to vent and complain about all the parts we don't like. I guarantee half of all people don't even know what they're meant to be cynical about in the first place...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 commander

@alim298 said:

I don't completely agree with the first post on this thread but I do agree with the title of this thread. And no it has nothing to do with nostalgia. When I play a NES game I just know it's better than a lot of modern games.

to me it's the other way around, games have gotten a lot better

life a lot worse

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

I can say for sure my life is worse but I can't say the same for everyone else. I know some happy people or people who seem to be happy.