This topic is locked from further discussion.

specialzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 specialzed
Member since 2007 • 682 Posts

Life just got really sucky for me, alot of my friends that arent in university think "Oh, university kids have no stress they go to school they will have futures they are all good" truth is tho thats not the case. My friend in engineering punched right through the glass door of his house cause he was so frustrated over a math problem, he got a huge gash in his wrist and had to get alot of stiches. I just got the lowest mark in my whole lecture on my midterm in one of my classes, a lecture of over 100 people. Got fired from work after 2 years of solid employment from me and now I cant keep up with my bills (car, insurance, phone. school) so im selling my car, the one thing I prided over and worked so hard to get. It would really help with stress relief too. Lastly I found a really cool girl, saw her for a while, asked her out and just recently got left by her after a few weeks for no reason whatsoever. I realize now that I was a rebound and theres nothing worse than getting left behind, especially when I was really starting to fall for this girl. 

I dont know what the point of this thread is really, just needed to vent. You guys can all go ahead and post your current hardships. The pain of others may help to make yours feel less significant. 

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

That sucks, man.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
eh. don't have any real problems.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

You're indeed in a pretty tough situation but remember that as long as you're good in your health there's time and ways to improve your life.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Its not that I don't acknowledge that your situations and problems suck and is really frustrating, but come to Gaza my friend and you will strangely find yourself very thankful all of a sudden.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli

You're indeed in a pretty tough situation but remember that as long as you're good in your health there's time and ways to improve your life.

johnd13
Yea this is a good take on your situation. Nothing major has happened to you, you have all the time and ability to change your situation sooner or later. It could be much fvcking worse trust me.
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

That sucks, but you still got alot of time to set things straight.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Life is tough and it is not fair.......

its one of the most important lessons to learn in life.

Learn it and accept it, and it then becomes less tough.

Last October I was diagnosed with Cancer, been through the hell called chemotherapy, beat it, but I'm only still in remission, I won't be considered cured for years....luckily this one is curable but no guarantee of that. 30 years younger than anyone else in my family when they got cancer.

You are going to have these peaks and valleys, but they will help create your character.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" - Nietzsche

Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 charlesdarwin55
Member since 2010 • 2651 Posts
Its not that I don't acknowledge that your situations and problems suck and is really frustrating, but come to Gaza my friend and you will strangely find yourself very thankful all of a sudden.GazaAli
You think that's bad? Come to Sweden we can't even go outside without putting on 20 kg of clothes!
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Its not that I don't acknowledge that your situations and problems suck and is really frustrating, but come to Gaza my friend and you will strangely find yourself very thankful all of a sudden.charlesdarwin55
You think that's bad? Come to Sweden we can't even go outside without putting on 20 kg of clothes!

I'll happily do :lol:
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

Yeah, life is tough. I think one of the most important lessons in life is that you can't control every outcome, so instead of spending so much time and effort fighting against that, it's sometimes necessary to just go with the flow and see where that takes you.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Current hardship? I can't figure out where to go for lunch.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
and it gets harder these days..
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

Current hardship? I can't figure out where to go for lunch.

worlock77
the horror
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Life just got really sucky for me, alot of my friends that arent in university think "Oh, university kids have no stress they go to school they will have futures they are all good" truth is tho thats not the case. My friend in engineering punched right through the glass door of his house cause he was so frustrated over a math problem, he got a huge gash in his wrist and had to get alot of stiches. I just got the lowest mark in my whole lecture on my midterm in one of my classes, a lecture of over 100 people. Got fired from work after 2 years of solid employment from me and now I cant keep up with my bills (car, insurance, phone. school) so im selling my car, the one thing I prided over and worked so hard to get. It would really help with stress relief too. Lastly I found a really cool girl, saw her for a while, asked her out and just recently got left by her after a few weeks for no reason whatsoever. I realize now that I was a rebound and theres nothing worse than getting left behind, especially when I was really starting to fall for this girl. 

I dont know what the point of this thread is really, just needed to vent. You guys can all go ahead and post your current hardships. The pain of others may help to make yours feel less significant. 

specialzed

Sorry to hear.  Thankfully all of these things are temporary.  Stitches will heal.  Grades can come back up.  Another job can be found.  And girls are plentiful.  You'll get all of that back.  You just have to cope with the pain for now.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Just stay away from depressing songs, dude.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Your parents cant help you out? Sucks about the car. Id sell my kidney before I'd sell that.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

specialzed

Dang, man. :( I'm not failing any classes, but I am struggling in chemistry because of the math (can't blame your friend for his frustration in the slightest), and I gotta get a new job because my hours are getting cut, and I'm stressing out about a possible upcoming interview. Just thinking of getting the phone call makes my heart race. I can't talk to strangers on the phone without stuttering or talking really fast.

I got a paper due Friday that I've been procrastinating for a few weeks now. I lack sufficient confidence to ask girls out. I don't even know if any girls like me. It really sucks being single in college. I really hate the social norm that guys have to ask girls out. If a girl I liked asked me out, I probably wouldn't be nearly as nervous and would accept the offer of going out.I guess we're still stuck in 1950 when it comes to certain gender norms.

I suppose the best way to deal with our problems is to realize that they're temporary and usually not permanent. I hope your friend gets healed up soon. Chin up. :)

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Tough times never last, but tough people will ;)

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

It is, but it could be a lot fucking worse. I'm very thankful that things are as they are for me...

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

A business partner defrauded me out of $1500 recently. :(

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

life is tough but start looking at the bright side of things instead of the bad. i've never had a girlfreind, imagine how lonely i am? you are a college student so things will get better for you since you have a career oriented job. some of us didn't have the pleasure of going to college. i to wish i had a girlfriend so i cant help you there. if you think your life is hard there is always someone out there who had it worse then you.

one thing you got to realize is that you create the reality that you live in. if you believe that, and realize that, you will have more control over the life that you live. anything that happens to you is because you wanted it to happen. we are constantly shifting to billions of parallel realities every second. LITERALLY. if you don't like something about your current reality then switch to the reality that you want to be in.