life is just a memory

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alacoque72
Member since 2008 • 1238 Posts

your whole life is just a memory becauseas soon as you do something its gone into the past and just a memory. also when you die all your memorys are gone forever so what is the point of living?

Master_Saibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Master_Saibot
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts
Your whole life is a memory because the world was only created 3 years ago by a japanese girl.
Avatar image for deactivated-608cb95043897
deactivated-608cb95043897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-608cb95043897
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Well what you do in life effects other around you...Lets say you have a child and install in them your values in life and from that they discover the cure for cancer there by saving millions of people that would have died,, Then just say one of those people discoveed a way to make zombies form the dead... See your way of thinking just wrecked years of brain eating I might of enjoyed,,

Thanks a lot kill joy....

Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alacoque72

Well what you do in life effects other around you...Lets say you have a child and install in them your values in life and from that they discover the cure for cancer there by saving millions of people that would have died,, Then just say one of those people discoveed a way to make zombies form the dead... See your way of thinking just wrecked years of brain eating I might of enjoyed,,

Thanks a lot kill joy....

DanBrim1

lol sorry im not trying to scare people its just kind of interesting

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.
diesil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 diesil
Member since 2004 • 489 Posts
life is about being as comfortable as you can and how and what you experiance there is a point to life i use to think like that to but life is the most rarest thing there is think of all the people that are actually dead now but exsisted there are more people that exsisted then there are alive so life is a short gift that you should embrace and experiance the way you want tol
Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alacoque72

life is about being as comfortable as you can and how and what you experiance there is a point to life i use to think like that to but life is the most rarest thing there is think of all the people that are actually dead now but exsisted there are more people that exsisted then there are alive so life is a short gift that you should embrace and experiance the way you want toldiesil

theres no point in living because everthing will be gone after but instinct tell you to. im not afraid of death at all

diesil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 diesil
ya but that doesnt mean you should always think about death and b consumed about it it should b the farthest thing from your mind im not scared of death either im more scared of life than death but there is a point like i said the point of living is to enjoy yourself not just think about dying
AndrewXXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AndrewXXXXXX
Member since 2005 • 4362 Posts

your whole life is just a memory becauseas soon as you do something its gone into the past and just a memory. also when you die all your memorys are gone forever so what is the point of living?

Alacoque72

That's some deep thinking there Debbie Downer!:P

Picture 50_2.larger.jpg

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It's about having the fastest car with the nicest rims fooo!
Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alacoque72

ya but that doesnt mean you should always think about death and b consumed about it it should b the farthest thing from your mind im not scared of death either im more scared of life than death but there is a point like i said the point of living is to enjoy yourself not just think about dying diesil

i'm not scared of death at all

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.bman784
Exactly! Existentialism is anything but pessimistic! Have you read Sartre's Existentialism is a Humanism?
diesil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 diesil
thats great u dont fear death and all i dont think you are getting what im saying
Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alacoque72

thats great u dont fear death and all i dont think you are getting what im saying diesil

i dont think about very much either

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"]I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.cool_baller
Exactly! Existentialism is anything but pessimistic! Have you read Sartre's Existentialism is a Humanism?

I can't say that I have.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cool_baller
[QUOTE="cool_baller"][QUOTE="bman784"]I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.bman784

I can't say that I have.

Oh you should. It's an essay where Sartre defends existential philosophy from all kinds of negative claims, like being pessimistic
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="cool_baller"][QUOTE="bman784"]I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.cool_baller

I can't say that I have.

Oh you should. It's an essay where Sartre defends existential philosophy from all kinds of negative claims, like being pessimistic

Hmm...I'll have to add it too my already too long sumer reading list. Thanks.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cool_baller
[QUOTE="cool_baller"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="cool_baller"][QUOTE="bman784"]I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.bman784

I can't say that I have.

Have you read any other existential works?
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="cool_baller"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="cool_baller"][QUOTE="bman784"]I prefer like my existential philosophy to be a little less pessimistic.cool_baller

I can't say that I have.

Have you read any other existential works?

The first that comes to mind in Notes from Underground by Dostoevsky, and plenty of Nietzsche. I've also read Schopenhauer, Kafka and Heidegger.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cool_baller
Yeah I've read all that stuff too. Except Schopenhauer. But I read of him. Was it for a class or fun?
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Everywhere you look, you're looking into the past.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bman784
Yeah I've read all that stuff too. Except Schopenhauer. But I read of him. Was it for a class or fun?cool_baller
It was for fun. I read The Metamorphosis for a philosophy class and decided to read other existentialist works on my own.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cool_baller
[QUOTE="cool_baller"]Yeah I've read all that stuff too. Except Schopenhauer. But I read of him. Was it for a class or fun?bman784
It was for fun. I read The Metamorphosis for a philosophy class and decided to read other existentialist works on my own.

Oh that's awesome. I took a semester of Bible Literature, and a semester of Existentialism. I may think everything is better than it really is because my teacher was so awesome.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="cool_baller"]Yeah I've read all that stuff too. Except Schopenhauer. But I read of him. Was it for a class or fun?cool_baller

Oh that's awesome. I took a semester of Bible Literature, and a semester of Existentialism. I may think everything is better than it really is because my teacher was so awesome.

Cool. A class purely on existentialism is a little out of range for my majors, but it sounds like it would be fun.