Let us talk about Spider-Man: Far From Home in this thread (spoilers galore)

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

While I will say that the movie had some things they could have did better in my opinion, I thought it was pretty well done. I liked how they addressed some of the aftermath of the snap being reversed, such as having to deal with a younger sibling suddenly being older than you and Flash getting rejected for booze after MJ pointed out that he was technically still 16. I wonder if other movies will touch on other things that may need to be addressed such as if a snapped prisoner will have five years added to their sentence or world leaders that were snapped in the middle of their tenures.

The biggest shocker in my opinion that I saw was the mid-credit scene when Mysterio framed Peter for the attack on London and then revealed his secret identity. Although to be honest, that may have been a combination of them throwing a nod to him trying to frame Spider-Man in the comics with the museum robbery and MCU’s apparent elimination of secret identities. Getting J.K. Simmons to reprise his role as J. Jonah Jameson was a nice touch even though the previous films he played the character weren’t in the MCU. I didn’t stick around for the post-credit scene due to another place I needed to go to I was running late for, but I am aware of the Skrulls posing as Fury and Hill being revealed in it.

What did you think of the movie, was it a good follow-up of Endgame or did you think it needed more?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

@ad1x2:

Honestly the movie didn't really kicked in for me till the Mysterio reveal (I mean fans expected it) but the way they used Mysterio and how his illusions affected Peter was amazing. Before that the movie was still fun here and there but kinda felt like it was going through the motions.

I really liked the scene where he totally fooled Peter before he got knocked by the train. It's a shame they killed Beck off cause I think they're building towards the Sinister Six and I would have loved to see him as part of the team. Also, I noticed that both Spider-Man movie villains have a grudge against Stark that set the movie's plot in motion. Still, it is fun to see them bring back that scientist from Iron Man 1 and Tony still looms large in the series even without RDJ's presence. I know MCU Spider-Man being somewhat like Iron Boy is a turn off for some fans and while I don't really liked that Stark's shadow looms so large over this Peter but the story here where he has to learn to step up was great.

Still the fallout of their fight will be felt for some time. Granted, there is a part of me that is wary of Peter's secret being leaked, partly because of what happened after in the comics *cough*One More Day*cough* and also because Peter is like the only hero with a secret ID in the MCU.

I liked the Peter/MJ romance and their kiss at the end seems intentionally awkward and I kinda liked it. The post credit scenes are really intriguing and has me hooked for what's to come and did I mention JK Simmons as JJJ? God I can't get over that. Can't wait to see what they have planned. I also heard they want Spider-Man and Venom to crossover, so mixing that with Spider Slayers could be, fun.

Better than Homecoming, not as good as Spider-Verse if I'm being honest about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I thought the movie was decent, but not spectacular.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I thought the movie was excellent, Tom Holland has grown on me, the mid-movie twist and mid-credits scene were excellent, with the exception of Flash, Parker's posse has grown on me despite them looking nothing like the comics. To me Flash is miscast but oh well. A fun movie and thank God for the mid-movie twist, I would have been disappointed if they hadn't done that.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

I thought the movie was excellent, Tom Holland has grown on me, the mid-movie twist and mid-credits scene were excellent, with the exception of Flash, Parker's posse has grown on me despite them looking nothing like the comics. To me Flash is miscast but oh well. A fun movie and thank God for the mid-movie twist, I would have been disappointed if they hadn't done that.

I remember reading somewhere that the MCU wanted to take a slightly different direction with Flash than previous versions. So, he’s still a bully, but now he’s a rich bully with a huge social media presence (real world teens are bullied on social media all of the time) rather than a jock bully like in previous versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

the movie was crap to me

the villain was mad cuz tony stark called his idea barf and then he was like IM GONNA BLOW THINGS UP and all these people are gonna help me

it didn't make any sense LMAO

Doc Oct was so damn good and touching thats how you do a villain this one was mega trash

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

It was pretty good. At first I wasn't really a fan of everything being the work of holograms and drones but the illusions turned out quite spectacular. Beck's origin and motivations on the other hand were a little lame, though Jake Gyllenhaal was great. Also, part of me wishes they cut down on the Tony Stark references and tech.

Of course, J.K. Simmons returning as Jonah Jameson, even for a post credits scene, was a fantastic decision. I hope he'll actually get to play the character in next movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I only enjoyed jake gyllanhals performance and the mid credits scene. Not gonna rewatch tho.